Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Telfer has arrived. What a game and a clutch finish ...after absolutely beautiful play and set up by Auro. Huge win over a very hot Orlando side.
    No that was just bad defending. Cause, you know, some guy ghosting in and hitting it with his left foot on the half volley off a cross just happens all the time in MLS. God Caldwell is a knob.

It’s the soccer commentary version of “it rained every day” and “why try? you’ll just fail anyway.” Then again, if you look at the list of clubs he lauded for, that’s pretty much exactly what happened.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Johnson at RB was a disaster. Good thing we capitalized on that.

Also,

RALLY SQUIRREL!!!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'wan da Squirrels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton was pretty bad tonight to put it politely
    Osorio was invisible tonight, he must be tired, this was not a standard Oso performance
    people in my section were saying we should have started Rickets, I disagree he is a super sub like Alan Gordon
    if you start Alan Gordon he is not very good but as a sub he is the best sub in the history of the league
    Rickets is our Alan Gordon, a bit of a poor man's Alan Gordon, but that is still a huge compliment as Gordon is the best.
    Telfer's Audi index number for tonights game rival's a great night by Giovinco wow.
    i knew Axetxe wouldnt get in the game, can't risk it. not a good sign for aketxe
    Last edited by stevep; 05-18-2018 at 11:33 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    No that was just bad defending. Cause, you know, some guy ghosting in and hitting it with his left foot on the half volley off a cross just happens all the time in MLS. God Caldwell is a knob.

It’s the soccer commentary version of “it rained every day” and “why try? you’ll just fail anyway.” Then again, if you look at the list of clubs he lauded for, that’s pretty much exactly what happened.
    Full volley, in fact. Amazing shot. I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed off by Caldwell's commentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That second half was the TFC of that last two years, even with depleted starters. Telfer had a great game and nice to see him get a goal to win it. Also it was good to Ricketts have a great game as a sub; vintage Ricketts.

We needed these points and I hope the win will give the lads a real confidence boost. Perhaps we can sign that squirrel. He’ll sign for peanuts. Literally.

Lastly, the reffing in the MLS is pure bush league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris here is your new profile pic

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/997654619953119232

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Tefler had a game! But damn already 24 eh?

None the less looks like a good winger add to the team.
    It's amazing how he has ground it out playing in the GTA...working through injuries. Late bloomer a la Terry Dunfield. Every kid playing in Ontario football needs to know that they can make it. You can just tell that Telfer has it after that performance. I just watched the highlight footage and it was all him...literally the first 6 highlight clips he was the star. You can develop into a professional level soccer player working through the competitive ranks of Ontario soccer. If TFC can capitalize on the Ontario youth development system then they stand to be a powerhouse in MLS for the long haul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    That second half was the TFC of that last two years, even with depleted starters. Telfer had a great game and nice to see him get a goal to win it. Also it was good to Ricketts have a great game as a sub; vintage Ricketts.

We needed these points and I hope the win will give the lads a real confidence boost. Perhaps we can sign that squirrel. He’ll sign for peanuts. Literally.

Lastly, the reffing in the MLS is pure bush league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Full volley, in fact. Amazing shot. I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed off by Caldwell's commentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Hamilton was pretty bad tonight to put it politely
    Osorio was invisible tonight, he must be tired, this was not a standard Oso performance
    people in my section were saying we should have started Rickets, I disagree he is a super sub like Alan Gordon
    if you start Alan Gordon he is not very good but as a sub he is the best sub in the history of the league
    Rickets is our Alan Gordon, a bit of a poor man's Alan Gordon, but that is still a huge compliment as Gordon is the best.
    Telfer's Audi index number for tonights game rival's a great night by Giovinco wow.
    i knew Axetxe wouldnt get in the game, can't risk it. not a good sign for aketxe
    Ok - you have gone too far. I judge Gordon on how he was for TFC. He's shite - plain an simple. Coming on for 5 minutes and stealing the odd goal...he can piss of.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    G'wan da Squirrels
    Cheers to the Squirrel and all it brought to the pitch !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Caldwell was talking about the defender getting beat to the bi-line and the original cross by Auro. He’s right, you should never be beaten like that as a defender. Nice move by Auro nonetheless.

The shot was pure class. To me the most satisfying shot you can pull off in soccer. Hats off to Telfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Caldwell is a tool on the mic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing how he has ground it out playing in the GTA...working through injuries. Late bloomer a la Terry Dunfield. Every kid playing in Ontario football needs to know that they can make it. You can just tell that Telfer has it after that performance. I just watched the highlight footage and it was all him...literally the first 6 highlight clips he was the star. You can develop into a professional level soccer player working through the competitive ranks of Ontario soccer. If TFC can capitalize on the Ontario youth development system then they stand to be a powerhouse in MLS for the long haul.
    This is on a night too where there’s no Giovinco and Altidore occupying defenders centrally. They had the luxury of bringing over the second guy once WJ started to struggle without feeling like they’d pay for it and he still tore them to shreds.

Good on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some back round on telfer. played down the street from me for erin mills, never heard of him. Good on bez for finding and keepn him on the down low

Check out @__RobH__’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/__RobH__/status/997797441368936448?s=09

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok - you have gone too far. I judge Gordon on how he was for TFC. He's shite - plain an simple. Coming on for 5 minutes and stealing the odd goal...he can piss of.
    You do realize that Gordon has 250 games or something, and maybe 5 of them were with TFC? Gordon might well be amongst the 25 best players ever to wear our colours...

He and Jacob Petersen were willing to go on the record about the horrific mgmt situation here, and got villified for it for some reason. They did us a huge favour.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You do realize that Gordon has 250 games or something, and maybe 5 of them were with TFC? Gordon might well be amongst the 25 best players ever to wear our colours...

He and Jacob Petersen were willing to go on the record about the horrific mgmt situation here, and got villified for it for some reason. They did us a huge favour.
    I remember Jacob Petersen, or was it Alan Gordon, talking about how they were "forced" to pass the ball in training to much. What a dumbass comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro Jr. was the man of the match and far as I'm concerned the most consistent player on the team so far. There is only one other player on the team who could have reacted, deeked, hugged the line, dribbled and crossed the ball for Teflers winner and he was suspended yesterday.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Damn right. He was one of the most prolific scorers per minute in those days. And he's enjoyed that wherever he's played.

He also said We, the RPB, were the only good memory he was taking back to California when he was traded. At the time his wife had just had a baby and we gave him an RPB care package with some of our swag.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-19-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacob Petersen I have way less sympathy for. Not only that stupid comment about passing, but he said something shitty about Canada after too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I’ve watched the Telfer goal as many times as Jozy’s MLS Cup winning goal by now.

Funny how that game had a bit of a 2012 feeling, animal pitch invasion and all. Felt like we were supporting our hapless guys who no one expects to win. Felt oddly comfortable and familiar.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its rightt up there will Javier Martina’s volley goal off a goal kick from Frei.

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think I’ve watched the Telfer goal as many times as Jozy’s MLS Cup winning goal by now.

Funny how that game had a bit of a 2012 feeling, animal pitch invasion and all. Felt like we were supporting our hapless guys who no one expects to win. Felt oddly comfortable and familiar.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Jacob Petersen I have way less sympathy for. Not only that stupid comment about passing, but he said something shitty about Canada after too.
    I looked it up. You are right.

That’s a little too much candor.

I thank Alan Gordon only.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tefler in every highlight , humble presence and a beast , he’s deceptively fast and unlike Morrow has good defensive qualities magnificent find , Auro jrs work on Teflers goal was magic . Hamilton cannot start again . Bradley has to be D mid , he’s a rock , Bono when neeeded always there , Ricketts effectiveness is simply a final 15 minute sub , to run ....please TO shoot more , it’s like we want to pass it into the goal crease . But thankfully they didn’t wilt , Canuks didn’t stop .......Squirrel found vistors goal quicker than team .. . Twice ....new mascot
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very positive and well said .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have really...really had enough of Steven Caldwell. All he could talk about on the Telfer goal was the awful defending - it wasn't awfull defending...it was incredibly good creative play by Vazquez and Auro. No word about the brilliant play by Auro... un-stoppable shot by Telfer.

He was criticizing Vanney for complaining about the wrong offside call. Honestly - I was swearing at the the TV...TSN has got to do better. I'd love for a fellow Scot to be an announcer..but he is on the wrong side.
    He is being so neutral that it is biased against TFC. Isn't he supposed to be a home team commentator, so be a homer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the fight, and Telfer was the Motm for me. Vasquez really picked it up in the 2nd half. Only couple of knocks I have is:
    1) Delgado has been awful since the champions league final.
    2) Bono is a very good keeper but, he is really bad with the ball at his feet. Like... horrible. I lost count how many times he kicked the ball right to a Orlando player.

None the less, huge 3 points, now with Gio and probably Hagglund back against Dallas, we gotta look for 3 more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Loved the fight, and Telfer was the Motm for me. Vasquez really picked it up in the 2nd half. Only couple of knocks I have is:
    1) Delgado has been awful since the champions league final.
    2) Bono is a very good keeper but, he is really bad with the ball at his feet. Like... horrible. I lost count how many times he kicked the ball right to a Orlando player.

None the less, huge 3 points, now with Gio and probably Hagglund back against Dallas, we gotta look for 3 more.
    Confidence has totally gone, ala Osorio 2 years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His confidence was shot well before that. Like late last year he was in the dumps after playing really well in the early season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Damn right. He was one of the most prolific scorers per minute in those days. And he's enjoyed that wherever he's played.

He also said We, the RPB, were the only good memory he was taking back to California when he was traded. At the time his wife had just had a baby and we gave him an RPB care package with some of our swag.
    Gordon is one of the all time best character players in MLS. It's impossible to read "the Beckham Experiment" and not come away with tonnes of respect for him.

How he dealt with the toxic environment that surrounded TFC at that time just adds to my respect.

As a player now, he's older and can't last even a half, but for the last 20 minutes of a game he can be lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The play on the 2nd goal notwithstanding, Auro needs to move forward when he has the ball. Far too many times he would just stand around. Play like a wingback dammit. Also why does everyone not want to take a shot? Seems we keep trying to walk in it on way too many occasions.