Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Nope. None of that is right. Sorry, I respect that a lot of people feel this way.... but no way.

This deserves its own thread, it's really bugging me.

You know, when England went out in penalties in 1990, they had a parade for them. When France lost in penalties in 2006, they had a parade for them.

The reward for these guys was to play Chicago 60 hours later on a crap field, and then get the gears when they could only manage a draw.

They were the better team in both those games lost in penalties. Way better.

OK we “lost”. But of all people, WE should undersand what happened, and who we are.

TFC are the two time champions, and Concacaf champions, for me. We didn’t lose the games, we lost the coin flips.

I don’t care that the record book doesn’t show that, or that the general public doesn’t get that.

I think they will win tonight, actually, but I don't “care” what they do tonight, or really any night, for a while.

This group have more than rewarded our undying support, and I feel a glorious buzz just being associated with them, sink or swim. I'll let Vanney/Bez have the nervous breakdowns- I am just going to enjoy a great team.
    I couldn't agree more with everything you say up to "....and who we are."
    I was close to tears the night we lost the shootout in the CCL, not because they didn't get the trophy, but for how incredibly proud I was of the team, even in defeat.
    Against all odds, they left their balls on the field that night, and win or lose, that is worth all the praise that could be given to them imo.

But just like Giovinco not understanding the presentations at the first home game this year because "this is a new year", I am basing my expectations on what the team expects for themselves.
    This isn't a group that went all in for a season with the hope of taking everything then burning the house down; this is a group that made it clear they want to do whatever it takes to be a contender year in, year out for as long as they are together.
    And for me, to have the team miss out on the playoffs, when they have such ambitious goals for themselves, it would come off as disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are certainly digging themselves a big hole, but I don't mind--it will just make it that much more mind-blowingly exciting as they haul themselves out of it over the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see people in the forum coming to their senses re: Ricketts, the guy has tremendous physical attributes but little else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I couldn't agree more with everything you say up to "....and who we are."
    I was close to tears the night we lost the shootout in the CCL, not because they didn't get the trophy, but for how incredibly proud I was of the team, even in defeat.
    Against all odds, they left their balls on the field that night, and win or lose, that is worth all the praise that could be given to them imo.

But just like Giovinco not understanding the presentations at the first home game this year because "this is a new year", I am basing my expectations on what the team expects for themselves.
    This isn't a group that went all in for a season with the hope of taking everything then burning the house down; this is a group that made it clear they want to do whatever it takes to be a contender year in, year out for as long as they are together.
    And for me, to have the team miss out on the playoffs, when they have such ambitious goals for themselves, it would come off as disappointing.
    A reasonable response.

I am not suggesting how the players feel, this is their job. They have to care. They do care, immensely.

I am describing how I feel. I guess I think more supporters should cut them some slack.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    A reasonable response.

I am not suggesting how the players feel, this is their job. They have to care. They do care, immensely.

I am describing how I feel. I guess I think more supporters should cut them some slack.
    I know they do as well....and that's why I couldn't get why some (thankfully a few, really) were so hard on Bradley for missing the penalty in the CCL shootout.
    I was thinking "this man has the heart of a fucking lion to go in and do the job he did in the 90 minutes of that game....how could you get on the guy's case?"

And I can certainly see how you think they should be given more slack, I for one am not ready to say, "this team sucks"....I never will with this group, since I understand the circumstances that have resulted in the slow start....to me its strictly injuries and botched calls, and has nothing to do with laziness, complacency, or anything else.
    But regardless of it all, my minimal expectation this year is to make playoffs.

Anyways, I appreciate that we can have this discussion and try to see things from the other side.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley back in the mid tonight will make a major difference. A welcome back Zav and Mavinga, nice to see them start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much longer will the inebriatti be sanctioned for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Morgan injured? Good for telfer stepping up, heard his interview on coyr podcasts seems like a decent guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The attack looks pretty great. Plus Delgado, Aketxe and Ricketts off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression Mavinga was going to need sports hernia surgery, so the fact he's back is either great (he's over it for now), or really, really stupid (just prolonging how long he's going to be not playing).

Also stoked that VV seems healthy and I hope he can go the full 90. If we're going to do well tonight Hamilton is going to have to do his best Jozy impression and do it well – we've been sorely missing some good hold-up play recently. But if him and VV can find some good chemistry then we should be able to start turning the corner here.

A little surpised about Telfer over Delgado ... is Marky hurt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realized too bad altidore not on the field to get payback on klejstan for tunnel-gate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, not Hamilton starting. We need to create ten chances before he’ll get one

Very impotent line up throughout with so many defenders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well let's see what sort of performance this starting 11 can whip up tonight.

I really just want a better start to this one in the first 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan is injured?

Tefler has 2 lead feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telfer looking like a budget Edwards right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Morgan is injured?

Tefler has 2 lead feet.

Haha, you are eating your words a little tonight, Telfer is the best TFC player in the first half by a mile! Good for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Haha, you are eating your words a little tonight, Telfer is the best TFC player in the first half by a mile! Good for him
    No. He's doing a lot of running and getting forward and his work rate is excellent but that doesnt mean he's the best player. Will Johnson is playing out of position at RB...with as many chances as Tefler is getting I expect an assist or fluke goal..they're leaving him WIDE open.

Not dragging the guy - I mean he is a 4th string rotation player...just a lot of chances that won't go anywhere with our main guys out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least they haven't conceeded yet.

If Millwall played like TFC at home they'd get booed for 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is definitely a grind it out game without Giovinco's creativity up top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are these imposters and what have they done with my TFC?

A truly pathetic game so far with neither side showing a modicum of skill. TFC are slow, laborious and utterly indecisive. Only Telfer gets pass marks and even he could have done better on occasion. Vazquez is a pale shadow of the man who lit up games last season. Auro & Chapman are mak8ng zero progress down the right Osorio is completely anonymous and Hamilton looks like he’s wearing lead boots. He missed a sitter that would have given us the perfect start, and when com0letely unmarked on the penalty spot turned with the speed of an ocean liner. Even the captain looks indecisive out there, and although the defence has held thus far, they look one slip away from disaster.

Vanney needs to earn his pay pay tonight because we CANNOT afford to drop ANY points tonight. The full three points are a MUST!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    By a country mile. He's showing Hamilton and Chapman up big time. They are just not good enough. We are awful without Giovinco and Altidore. Giovinco is becoming more selfish and petulant with age. He has to show more maturity for the money he's making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Who are these imposters and what have they done with my TFC?

A truly pathetic game so far with neither side showing a modicum of skill. TFC are slow, laborious and utterly indecisive. Only Telfer gets pass marks and even he could have done better on occasion. Vazquez is a pale shadow of the man who lit up games last season. Auro & Chapman are mak8ng zero progress down the right Osorio is completely anonymous and Hamilton looks like he’s wearing lead boots. He missed a sitter that would have given us the perfect start, and when com0letely unmarked on the penalty spot turned with the speed of an ocean liner. Even the captain looks indecisive out there, and although the defence has held thus far, they look one slip away from disaster.

Vanney needs to earn his pay pay tonight because we CANNOT afford to drop ANY points tonight. The full three points are a MUST!
    I just can't get mad at a team that has done this well over two years and has this many injuries. Akete looks off the pace so far but he hasn't had a cohesive role in a cohesive team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I just can't get mad at a team that has done this well over two years and has this many injuries. Akete looks off the pace so far but he hasn't had a cohesive role in a cohesive team.
    No wonder he's off the pace, Aketxe isn't playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is so typical of Hamilton. He works himself into a great position, then freezes, he doesn’t know what to do next and the chances is wasted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    No wonder he's off the pace, Aketxe isn't playing.
    I meant since we acquired him, smart ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    that is so typical of Hamilton. He works himself into a great position, then freezes, he doesn’t know what to do next and the chances is wasted
    He's been poor this season. Can't afford to keep him on if he does this in his time to shine.

... And the sub in timely fashion 5 seconds after I post thankfully

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Vazquez what a pass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts super sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful pass by Vasquez. Ricketts made a good run and was unfortunate to put it off the post.