Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BendItLikeGio View Post
    this is a JOKE!! If you got no faith, please leave your tickets at the closest gate and never show up again. Yes looking at it right now, not great, a few W changes everything. We havent played NYCFC, Atlanta, Orlando, NYRB yet in the season which easily can change alot. I put a small excel projection fun, i so should do some over/under haha... However, looking at it, couple wins coming up can really change alot. Potential(is just how many points possible at end of season), Potential2(is with the trending PPG for now, how much they can get end of season). we need as a team and fan base just take everygame 1 step at a time, and not look at the end stage yet.

Eastern Conf
    Club MP W D L Pts Potential PPG Potential2
    Atlanta 10 7 1 2 22 94 2.200 75
    NYCFC 10 6 2 2 20 92 2.000 68
    Orlando 9 6 1 2 19 94 2.111 72
    Columbus 11 5 3 3 18 87 1.636 56
    NYRB 8 5 0 3 15 93 1.875 64
    New England 9 4 2 3 14 89 1.556 53
    Chicago 9 3 2 4 11 86 1.222 42
    Montreal 10 3 0 7 9 81 0.900 31
    Philadelphia 9 2 2 5 8 83 0.889 30
    TFC 8 2 1 5 7 85 0.875 30
    DC United 7 1 2 4 5 86 0.714 24

West Conf
    Club MP W D L Pts Potential PPG Potential2
    Sporting KC 11 7 2 2 23 92 2.091 71
    LAFC 9 6 1 2 19 94 2.111 72
    Vancouver 10 4 1 5 13 85 1.300 44
    FC Dallas 8 3 4 1 13 91 1.625 55
    Minnesota 10 4 0 6 12 84 1.200 41
    Houstan 8 3 2 3 11 89 1.375 47
    Portland 8 3 2 3 11 89 1.375 47
    LA Galaxy 9 3 1 5 10 85 1.111 38
    Real Salt 9 3 1 5 10 85 1.111 38
    Colorado 8 2 2 4 8 86 1.000 34
    Seattle 8 2 2 4 8 86 1.000 34
    San Jose 8 1 2 5 5 83 0.625 21
    Your Potential2 column proves the season is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

But if we lose any of the next few games, I think we're just totally finished. We might even be already.
    lol...are you mad? This is MLS. All we have to do is make the playoffs..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporters shield unlikely but who cares.
    This team once in the playoffs can knock off the rest on their way to MLS cup and REpeat. We dont need to be top 3 this isn't Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh look another doom & gloom topic... Should I stick around for General Woolfe’s comments or does his negativity only get spewed in match threads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. You guys think I'm overreacting, but I think many of you are being way too optimistic. Plus, as usual, no one seemed to bother reading this part of my post:

So what's the best we can hope for? That we can scrounge enough points together to at least stay in the playoff picture while everyone gets healthy; seems that will be around late July/early August. Then, even if we're back to full strength, it'll take them another month probably to get back into the groove, so if – and that's a big IF – that can happen, then maybe we can get hot in September and try to ride some momentum into the playoffs.

But if we lose any of the next few games, I think we're just totally finished. We might even be already.

I know we had a slow start last year, but the major difference is that we were relatively healthy then. It took the guys some time to get warmed up, but they were all doing it together. Right now we have just way too many guys injured to hope to be competitive game-in, game-out. Everyone keeps saying 'Bradley is a revelation' at CB, but c'mon, can we really think that's a good thing mid-term, or even short-term?

And do you guys really think I want us to fail? Obviously not. I'm just responding to what I'm seeing and what I'm feeling watching this team at the moment. Sure, Seattle only had 2 shots on net, but they scored with those shots. Our attack, however, seemed boring and anemic; without Jozy, we had no hold-up play at all, and it was way too easy for Seattle to stifle our ball movement by just putting everyone behind the ball. Teams have learned how to play us, and without all our big guns to be really creative and change things up, any decently organized team can handle us fairly professionally.

And think about this – what's our record away at NE? We pretty much have to expect a loss on Sat, right? And then again, almost all our 'games in hand' will be losses.

We are a better team when we play desperately, and I know it's early-ish in the season, but at this point we need to get a bit of desperation into our game or using all these second-stringers just isn't going to work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Not sure how I put the boxes on that post.
    Now if we all can learn about that, something truly useful will have come out of this thread!

Actually the boxes are there because you turned that text into a table, with 3 rows and one column.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS cup on the road this year. That's all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are 10 points out of the playoffs in August, I will still bet money that we will make the top six.

Who do you think wants to play us in the playoffs?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If we are 10 points out of the playoffs in August, I will still bet money that we will make the top six.

Who do you think wants to play us in the playoffs?
    Well, the way things are going now, I certainly wouldn't want to have to play Atlanta in the first round.

The main point I'm trying to make with this thread is that we can't compete if we have this many injuries, and the longer it takes us to get back to full health the further we may slip out of the race, to the point where we may not be able to recover.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Not sure how I put the boxes on that post.
    But it looks sexy and important at the same time.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the shield is most likely out of reach now, but the season is over we are done???? Come on. You need to look no further than the 2016 Seattle team to realise what a joke statement this is. Going into August Seattle was dead last in the West (it might have even been the league) and they managed to put it together and win a trophy. To declare a season over just barely 2 months in? That is ludicrous. With the depth we have, this team is fully capable of ripping off a long win streak. To throw in the towel and declare this season a failure and we are done makes you appear to be a fair weather fan. This team will mesh and will go on a run. That I am sure of

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is one thing our long sojourn in mediocrity taught TFC supporters, its how this league works. For years, we were out of it by June. That meant that we were sitting there watching how other teams managed to make it into the playoffs. Heck, the one time we came close we seem to tie our way into contention rather then win our way. Its a unique perspective that maybe now only Philly supporters have - never were good teaches you a lot.

This doesn't feel like back then. Our quality levels are not way below other teams - when as healthy as most teams are, we are the best & most balanced team in the league.

Things will not continue as they have been.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Well, the way things are going now, I certainly wouldn't want to have to play Atlanta in the first round.

The main point I'm trying to make with this thread is that we can't compete if we have this many injuries, and the longer it takes us to get back to full health the further we may slip out of the race, to the point where we may not be able to recover.

The single game knockout for teams 3-6 is rough justice in MLS, but it may be that at full strength, we might have finished third anyway. Top 4 is the objective, we want that game at BMO.

We got lucky last year and avoided Atlanta and NYCFC. I would expect that the road will include those teams this year, no matter where we finish.

Home field advantage isn’t that big a deal in two leg ties - every one of the Mexican teams had it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The single game knockout for teams 3-6 is rough justice in MLS, but it may be that at full strength, we might have finished third anyway. Top 4 is the objective, we want that game at BMO.

We got lucky last year and avoided Atlanta and NYCFC. I would expect that the road will include those teams this year, no matter where we finish.

Home field advantage isn’t that big a deal in two leg ties - every one of the Mexican teams had it.
    Agreed. We have to take out Atlanta and NYCFC eventually. The hope is a top 4 finish.

No away stadium will faze this team after playing at El Volcan, Azteca and Akron. None at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    No away stadium will faze this team after playing at El Volcan, Azteca and Akron. None at all.
    People were saying last season "Just wait until you get in front of all those people in Atlanta"

Well yes, about that.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will get playoffs. Maybe in one of the last 2 spots is my guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If there is one thing our long sojourn in mediocrity taught TFC supporters, its how this league works. For years, we were out of it by June. That meant that we were sitting there watching how other teams managed to make it into the playoffs. Heck, the one time we came close we seem to tie our way into contention rather then win our way. Its a unique perspective that maybe now only Philly supporters have - never were good teaches you a lot.

This doesn't feel like back then. Our quality levels are not way below other teams - when as healthy as most teams are, we are the best & most balanced team in the league.

Things will not continue as they have been.
    Yes, but there are also more teams now ... but anyway, I certainly hope we do turn it around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like the only suitable response to this thread is... "are you dumb brother!?"

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread: We Could Have Our Worst Thread of the Year Chosen Already

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Thread: We Could Have Our Worst Thread of the Year Chosen Already

This still doesn’t top 150 pages of arguing if Earl Cochrane forgot to fax the paperwork for Dero’s training stint with Celtic. All timer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad this thread was started. It sparked an interesting and lively discussion, say nothing of the pile on animosity.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I'm glad this thread was started. It sparked an interesting and lively discussion, say nothing of the pile on animosity.
    More the latter than the former, unfortunately.

But such is the internet.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread reminds me of the Vanney "deathwatch" thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically this. It's not over yet at all, but the margin for error is shrinking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol! Your earlier post in the other thread was the funniest post in 10 plus years imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Basically this. It's not over yet at all, but the margin for error is shrinking.
    But how are we supposed to achieve even that with the players we have available?

We're going to have to start getting guys back pronto. Plus now Gio is going to be suspended ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is hilarious. Let's relax. We can probably rule out a first round bye, but other than that we're still very well in it. Seattle was in a wors position last season (maybe it was the year before) and a later point in the season and still made the final.

Guys will get healthy. We'll get those nice summer home games that we always seem to dominate. We'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this this week.

what is happening now is perfectly logical and makes total sense

here is the starting lineup vs Tigres

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...es-uanl/lineup

when you put this lineup on the field you beat the best team in Mexico, and you actually dominate them.

when you put this lineup on the field against Seattle this is what you get a 2-1 loss

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...ders-fc/lineup

its very simple to understand,