Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 of our next 9 are on the road and we've dropped a ton of home games.

We're chasing 6th, no better than that. And I'd say the odds are against us at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure Portland had this many injuries. But.... I think we're on the same trajectory. It ain't over but it's getting less likely.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James....... you have now been redeemed. I will now address you as the Amazing Kreskin.

It's hard to imagine that our best days are behind us. My prejudice aside. Alas.

Cue Shakespeare.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're making the playoffs, we're going to win the Canadian Championship and we're going to will the MLS cup - PERIOD...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I think if we'll play a lot better from now on, leaving everything on the field in every game, no matter who is available and who is not, we have a fighting chance for places 3-4 in the East.

Places 1-2?
    Forget about it, would be a miracle if we would catch one of those.

IMO we'll finish 3rd - 5th in the East.
    Yeah, I need to correct this post.
    We have no fucking chance for the 3rd spot, even if we would play from now on better than we've done it in the last season... which of course is impossible.

IMO we'll finish 4th - 6th in the East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odds for this thread:

- to not go away in the next 22 days: -310
    - to go away in the next 22 days: +300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we get in the playoffs all we got to do is win that one game to get to the round of 4. then the season meant nothing because at that point we have the same shot as nyrb, atlanta or nycfc
    it is important to finish 1 or 2 because you eliminate the one game playoff but if you can get by that one game the season is even for everybody

it really is a weird thing this mls league
    jsut get in

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 games played. 23 to go.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    11 games played. 23 to go.
    And right now we're at a PPG rate of 0.91, which projects out to ~30 points total for the season. Last year NYRB were the 6th place team with 50 points.

And now after the Dallas game we've picked up even more injuries.

I really, really, really hope we find a way to turn this around somehow, but I'm really, really, really worried that we've just dug ourselves too deep of a hole already. Again, I can't stress enough how much I want them to prove me wrong. I wasn't trying to be a dick by starting this thread; I was simply responding to what I saw as a lot of negative characteristics coming together at the same time and simply trying to point them out.

I think the main thing now is that everyone with the team has to realize this and drop the 'well, it's not danger time yet' mentality and realize that yes, it is danger time, and they need to start playing for their lives.

Conversely, they may decide to basically write this season off, get a high draft pick and start clean next year. Or just focus everything on the Canadian Championship. We'll have to wait and see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our PPG isn't going to stay this bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Our PPG isn't going to stay this bad.
    One would think so, but look at how many points we've dropped at home so far ... it's worrying to say the least.

And to get into the playoffs it seems we're going to need at least a PPG of 1.8 - 2.0 the rest of the way. That's double what we have now. Can we turn things around to that great a degree? I hope so, but like I said, it's worrisome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We made the MLS cup back to back. A drop was likely. This has been frustrating but it kinda makes sense.
    That said, if we win CCL then we're back in the concacaf hunt next winter.
    It isn't all over yet.
    But the MLS window is closing.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle were something like 5-9-2 on July 10 in 2016.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seattle were something like 5-9-2 on July 10 in 2016.
    Then we've got to go on a similar sort of tear as they did. Didn't they make a big mid-season signing that year which helped to turn things around?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Then we've got to go on a similar sort of tear as they did. Didn't they make a big mid-season signing that year which helped to turn things around?
    Yes. Lodeiro.

Our situation is different. Injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remi Garde death watch is on. I’m just waiting for a “worst team in the world” quote from Piatti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Remi Garde death watch is on. I’m just waiting for a “worst team in the world” quote from Piatti
    Saputo put Piatti on the market last week. I expect him to be on Atlanta mid summer (assuming they sell one of their DPs after the World Cup)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Conversely, they may decide to basically write this season off, get a high draft pick and start clean next year.
    Maybe in MLS 1.0 but not likely in todays league. Thankfully our league doesn't work that way. Fuck tanking. It's terrible in any sport.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason why tanking exists in the big four are incentives to get superstar talent on the cheap and under control.

NHL, NBA and NFL all have potential to get you a superstar talent with a high pick. MLB, the bonus slot from a high draft pick ensures you have more money to sign difficult picks from going to college.

MLS Superdraft is a joke because the best talent are either raised in the academy or poached by big clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Maybe in MLS 1.0 but not likely in todays league. Thankfully our league doesn't work that way. Fuck tanking. It's terrible in any sport.
    I agree. I don't want to see that either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Management doesn't tank in MLS but we've seen teams tank on management; it might just be happening in Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Management doesn't tank in MLS but we've seen teams tank on management; it might just be happening in Seattle.
    In Soviet Montreal, management tanks you:

@RickMoffat
    Bluntest postgame quote I may have ever seen: "lack of skill, talent and willpower..." Remi Garde. #IMFC #MLS

Seriously though, i’m kind of enjoying this, minus Raheem being stuck in that hell hole.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-27-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread angered some people so. I hope the club didn’t take the stumbling start with as much complacency as some fans. I mean, ya it’s tough sledding with the abnormal amount of injuries, but the injuries included, there’s were definitely early indications that this season could turn out to be a dog fight rather than coasting to another shield.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread will be ridiculous until the last day of the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its kinda replaced the Vanney out thread from 2014-2016.

We better kick ass in the Voyageurs.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-02-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not for me. I'll take a pass on another CCL run given what its done to our 2018 MLS Season. Send out TFC II and get knocked out in the 1st round. Instead focus on getting guys back and healthy so something can be salvaged out of this season. If TFC misses the play-offs the narrative written won't be about a team decimated by injuries. Instead it will be how we were a one hit wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't make playoffs. The original poster deserves a free night of drinks on us. I even said TFC will probably get one of the last 2 playoff spots. And that is looking grim. Still not as optimistic as people say 3rd or 4th spot at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Not for me. I'll take a pass on another CCL run given what its done to our 2018 MLS Season. Send out TFC II and get knocked out in the 1st round. Instead focus on getting guys back and healthy so something can be salvaged out of this season. If TFC misses the play-offs the narrative written won't be about a team decimated by injuries. Instead it will be how we were a one hit wonder.
    Partially for me.

Yes, we need to win the Voyageurs, and make the playoffs somehow. Just squeeze in...
    But next year send a TFC C team to the first 2 games of the CONCACAF, and go out with an aggregate score of 0-6.

I do not fucking care any more about CONCACAF Champs league, until it remains a shockingly ridiculous competition IMO (see all it's stupid house rules and that is stronly contorsioned in the favour of the Mexican teams, because the time of the year it is played).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. We need a cup. I don't agree with this taking a dive stuff I'm hearing from too many others. In fact, I wish the CCL would go back to the group format (which it will not be doing) as I loved having that kind of competition. I much prefer to MLS. It had intrigue. For me, there is nothing worse than having to play another MLS side in the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I agree. We need a cup. I don't agree with this taking a dive stuff I'm hearing from too many others. In fact, I wish the CCL would go back to the group format (which it will not be doing) as I loved having that kind of competition. I much prefer to MLS. It had intrigue. For me, there is nothing worse than having to play another MLS side in the CCL.

Sure, everyone would love to see the team do well in both the CCL and the MLS Season. But I don't believe its possible. The way the CCL tournament is currently set-up its clearly stacked in favour of Mexican teams. CCL plays begins in February when MLS teams are still in training. The entire tournament is condensed over only 2 months meaning you are playing CCL matches mid-week followed by MLS games on the weekend so you don't have sufficient recovery time. You are playing a lot of games in March so the fields are going to be in horrible shape which further contributes to leg injuries. Plus given our geographical position relative to Mexico you are looking at 4 and 5 hour flights each way to Mexico and back. I recently read a stat where TFC flew more km's in their CCL run then most teams do over an entire MLS season. I firmly believe that our CCL run put is in the position where we are now. Every fan has their preferences and biases and for me I was hoping that 2017 was the start of a dynasty whereby we won several MLS cups in a row and established TFC as the premier club in MLS. But it now looks like we may miss the play-offs altogether. The price paid for the CCL run was too high.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 06-03-2018 at 08:09 AM.