Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yes - for those fans, not the club.

I could see being one of the people to drop seasons after the first 5 or 6 years of garbage, but to do it this season just because they won't win the cup again? That's just lame.
    It's an interesting debate. Are the price increases too much? We're now spending 26 million on players and have the league's top payroll. Somewhat hard to believe they are breaking even (depending on the SUM kicker).

Guess this pretty much sticks a fork in prioritizing the CCL over league play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They also sold alot of new season seats in last two years. Interesting enough. I thought we had until end of month to renew. How would he already know they lost 2k season seat holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    A friend that works for TFC told me that TFC apparently has lost 2,000 season ticket holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    They also sold alot of new season seats in last two years. Interesting enough. I thought we had until end of month to renew. How would he already know they lost 2k season seat holders.
    I’m guessing they called in and told them they aren’t renewing? That I didn’t ask him. Manning is holding a meet and greet for them with some players and drinks and himself attending to try and convince some of them to renew.

I’m curious to see if other people will buy those 2,000 seats. Wonder what the demand is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    You have to submit an online form to cancel so via that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sense is that there are a lot of seats at BMO that are not good value for money, and they are going to have to reprice those.

I am am thinking of pretty much everything in the east side second deck above the 4th or 5th row.

In my opinion, those are where most of the recent SSHs are, and those people would have become aware of people paying similar prices for much better seats.

Which is a recipe for a problem.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My sense is that there are a lot of seats at BMO that are not good value for money, and they are going to have to reprice those.

I am am thinking of pretty much everything in the east side second deck above the 4th or 5th row.

In my opinion, those are where most of the recent SSHs are, and those people would have become aware of people paying similar prices for much better seats.

Which is a recipe for a problem.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Plus row 1 on east side. Is same eye level of row 9, 10 on the west side... Which when reselling the West side seating is technically better value for money. Or for a SSH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking to myself is this season really dead? what if we win 7 games in a row, can we win 7 games in a row and go on to win mls cup.

Bet 365 has us as 100 to 1 to win MLS cup

so for the fun of it i tried to figure out the odds of us winning the mls cup

I assumed we were at full strength with all our starters playing.

home win around 65% for 4 games, away win around 40% for 3 games

.65x.65x.65x.65x.4x.4x.4=0.011 or 87 decimal odds to make the playoffs

the to win out in the playoffs

say 50% chance of winning in each round. 4 rounds including mls cup

.5x.5x.5x.5=.0625

so then you multiply 0.011x0.0625=0.0007 or 1400 decimal odds

or 1 in 1400 chance we will win the mls cup this year.

so maybe we should get excited about the champeones cup? because according to my calculations please we aint winning the mls cup

please feel free to debate these numbers, i think the estimate of win probability is fairly accurate, even if i am off a bit , it is still a huge longshot to win the mls cup
    Last edited by stevep; 09-10-2018 at 10:00 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...you're saying there's a chance
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I was thinking to myself is this season really dead? what if we win 7 games in a row, can we win 7 games in a row and go on to win mls cup.
    please feel free to debate these numbers, i think the estimate of win probability is fairly accurate, even if i am off a bit , it is still a huge longshot to win the mls cup
    According to http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/TorontoFC.html, if we win 7 games we are 97.1% likely to make it to playoffs, but with 6 wins, 1 draw, it drops to ~80% likely, with 6 wins, 1 loss, it drops to ~60%, with 5 wins, 2 draws it drops to ~42% and with 5 wins, 1 draw, it drops to ~21%.

Every other option is less than 10%, but the existence of those other options to make it to playoffs probably increase the odds a bit higher than 1/1400.

And if they go on a 6/7 game win streak, they would be playing very hot and the odds in playoffs would be better than 50% per game for TFC.
    Last edited by Graeme; 09-10-2018 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    According to http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/TorontoFC.html, if we win 7 games we are 97.1% likely to make it to playoffs, but with 6 wins, 1 draw, it drops to ~80% likely, with 6 wins, 1 loss, it drops to ~60%, with 5 wins, 2 draws it drops to ~42% and with 5 wins, 1 draw, it drops to ~21%.

Every other option is less than 10%, but the existence of those other options to make it to playoffs probably increase the odds a bit higher than 1/1400.

And if they go on a 6/7 game win streak, they would be playing very hot and the odds in playoffs would be better than 50% per game for TFC.
    yess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because we're in the middle of a two week break, and i'm a dreamer. If somehow this team wins 7 straight games, makes the playoffs...where would that rank in terms of TFC historic achievements?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    So...you're saying there's a chance
    I like your thinking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Because we're in the middle of a two week break, and i'm a dreamer. If somehow this team wins 7 straight games, makes the playoffs...where would that rank in terms of TFC historic achievements?
    this is what pisses me off at champeones cup.

we could have had nice rest in between games for a run
    but now we ahve to play again after champeones after two days rest instead of 6 days rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're done for the year, but we of course want to play our chances till the very end. Hopefully Vanney won't be resting too many people for future games. WE NEED TO WIN NOW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of July I figured 47 points was the minimum threshold for the playoffs.

That required 8 wins 1 tie and 4 loses. I figured if we were not at 30 points based on the schedule by August 30th we wouldn't be able to make it.

Mathematically however we can still hit that number. We just have to win every game from now to the end of the season (9 game winning streak) and we will get to 48 points.

However DC is also on pace for 48 points. Philly is on pace for between 48-52 points.

We sadly are on pace for 37 points as we are still making the same defensive mistakes we have since February.

So as of right now.. there is hope in that we can still make 48 points and DC might mess up a bit. which would allow a play of spot. It is just not probable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not wrong to think that the season could very well be over.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we push for year 1 pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Soccer has TFC down as toast, though there could still be the possibility of becoming a Lazarakia if they win out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Points Pace:

5. PHI: 49
    6. MON: 46
    7. DC: 43
    8. NE: 41
    9. TOR: 36

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one good point is that we have games against the teams we are chasing at least.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly has a tough schedule. I could see them going into a bit of a slump. hopefully.
    DC dropped 2 points yesterday.
    Just need MTL to drop at least 1 game (we have one in hand, and we play them so should we win those 2 we would only be 3 points back).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC remaining schedule:

@ NYRB
    vs NE
    vs VAN
    @ DC
    @ MON
    vs ATL

Likely need to win 5 of 6 to have a shot. Must win games against NE, DC, MON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless mavinga and moor are back for those game..no chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This, and even then it’s a stretch. We have been horrible defensively this year, about to set a team record for GA in a season (how is that possible?)

Even though it most likely won’t happen, if TFC ran the table, they will probably get in.

All TFC would need at that point is:
    DC United and NER to tie one of their last 5 matches (we would beat both teams in tiebreaker)
    Montreal not to win 3 of their last 4 (they would have tiebreaker on us) OR Philly to not win 3 of their last 6 (tiebreaker would come down goal differential)

The DC United/NER will probably happen. It’s one of Montreal/Philly not winning 3 games (which is pretty good chance).

Having said all this, I just don’t see TFC going 6-0 with their defense playing like this. Had we got 3 points in San Jose, it would have given us 1 bump down this stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RBNY is tough at the best of times. All those other teams, with the exception of Atlanta, have reason to be motivated as well.

It will be an uphill battle, especially when it looks like we’re liable to leak 3 goals a game against any side with an attacking bent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to mention that Seattle has now won 9 games in a row. Doesn't mean that TFC can or will do anything similar, but it's just something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I just wanted to mention that Seattle has now won 9 games in a row. Doesn't mean that TFC can or will do anything similar, but it's just something to think about.
    Seattle always does this kind of shit every year. It's kind of amazing how consistent they are with it. But yeah the 9 games is a record.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle really bugs me.

That is all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...why couldnt they beat Philly eh
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that was another shitty game, guess its time to build for next year