Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
Wow. You guys think I'm overreacting, but I think many of you are being way too optimistic. Plus, as usual, no one seemed to bother reading this part of my post:

So what's the best we can hope for? That we can scrounge enough points together to at least stay in the playoff picture while everyone gets healthy; seems that will be around late July/early August. Then, even if we're back to full strength, it'll take them another month probably to get back into the groove, so if – and that's a big IF – that can happen, then maybe we can get hot in September and try to ride some momentum into the playoffs.

But if we lose any of the next few games, I think we're just totally finished. We might even be already.

I know we had a slow start last year, but the major difference is that we were relatively healthy then. It took the guys some time to get warmed up, but they were all doing it together. Right now we have just way too many guys injured to hope to be competitive game-in, game-out. Everyone keeps saying 'Bradley is a revelation' at CB, but c'mon, can we really think that's a good thing mid-term, or even short-term?

And do you guys really think I want us to fail? Obviously not. I'm just responding to what I'm seeing and what I'm feeling watching this team at the moment. Sure, Seattle only had 2 shots on net, but they scored with those shots. Our attack, however, seemed boring and anemic; without Jozy, we had no hold-up play at all, and it was way too easy for Seattle to stifle our ball movement by just putting everyone behind the ball. Teams have learned how to play us, and without all our big guns to be really creative and change things up, any decently organized team can handle us fairly professionally.

And think about this – what's our record away at NE? We pretty much have to expect a loss on Sat, right? And then again, almost all our 'games in hand' will be losses.

We are a better team when we play desperately, and I know it's early-ish in the season, but at this point we need to get a bit of desperation into our game or using all these second-stringers just isn't going to work.
Well since we get another week of this thread I'll bite:

It's not your content as much as your thread title and definition of a season. It infers there's nothing left to see if we're not going to win everything, or at least the SS, which would most likely be found out first.

That's why most are responding to so flippantly.

I want a win streak to get back on track for a back to back SS but the season won't be over with Vcup still coming and there's pussplops for people.

Hang in there before you shut off the monitor on the entire season. And maybe keep the pessimism in game thread talks and you wouldn't see this kind of response to a dread thread this early in the season.