Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder2 View Post
    What are the VAR rules? From the replay they showed he looked offside, close enough that the assistant may not spot it but VAR would have caught if for sure. I don't understand why it wasn't brought back.
    It was not a clear an obvious mistake as you have said yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worst game i have been to in two years.

1/2 team is from the bench
    field is crap
    officiating is crap

so irritating to watch compared to last year

theyre trying their best but
    morgan is no morrow
    bradley is arguably the best midfielder in the league and he is not playing his position due to injuries
    no jozy
    no mavinga
    no moor, hagglund or zavaletta

i keep telling myself it will get better when we get the new field and all the guys come back from injuries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't think I'd see a rule in sports worse than goalie interference in hockey and a catch in football but this VAR takes it. May as well eliminate it if you won't use it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with most of what was said here already --- it was a really frustrating game to watch on many levels, but to be honest I was more upset with the "compete" level than anything else tonight, a lot of walking around with hands on hips, poor first touches, giving up possession way too easily kind of stuff --- I get that the talent on the field is simply not there at the moment (we all know the list of who is not playing, and losing Vasquez at halftime surely did not help), but the lack of fire to push forward to move with the ball to create lanes and spacing and overlapping runs was marginal at best - a lot of standing around trying to create miracle plays up the middle of the field where there a ton of bodies clogging things up, or shooting from 20 yards out by Aketxe which had no chance of success.....I agree with others that yes the officiating was frustrating sometimes too, but that's not why we lost, this simply looked like a team that didn't have a whole lot of "fire" in their bellies tonight which was more disheartening to me than anything else, and frankly we were spoiled last year by a team that took very few games off in their mission to complete their quest for redemption.........sometimes in the pursuit of the ultimate goal it can motivate you to do great things (like 2016's heartbreak leading to 2017's success), but once achieved its a very different mindset to crank it up again.....not saying it can't be done, just saying that it has been shown to be tough to repeat for a reason (luck and timely/untimely injuries can also play a role too).....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...now we have some problems to deal with. That was the worst game I've seen VdW play since moving to CB. Delgado is shot - confidence has been lost. Ricketts has fallen off the wagon.

Injury to Altidore for 4-6 weeks and Ricketts as a 4th place choice... we are really going to struggle. Giovinco isn't a sole striker and can't win this on his own. That was the worst team in the league...and we made them look tough and hungry.

For me...trade Ricketts... maybe move Delgado on...and get a striker and either a CB or Central Mid. I'm not sure that Ajer is going to make it...he is getting increasingly desperate.

Re the Delgado comment...id we were deep enough to move him onto the bench for the next 10+ games I'd rather keep him. But getting him back confident again is going to take some work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely brutal game to watch. Delgado was brutal, Hamilton went through the motions, Ricketts has been off all year. This team needs another striker/forward of quality. I thought Chapman had a big game tonight. His work rate was top notch. Osorio is frustrating to watch at times. He has moments where he buries all his chances then he has moments where he needs a compass to find the goal. This should have been 3 points in the bag. I hope this won't come back to haunt us down the road.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    When your own room is upset, you have to go out to the press, deflect, and lay on some theatrics.
    That's exactly what that was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed Delgado was really bad today. Aketxe just doesn't feel part of the team. Id like Hamilton to get a full game before I judge him. Chapman, was defensively solid and got open often.

Why Telfer the first sub. That was an odd choice. He did get a couple of decent crosses in but he's not at this teams level

Hernandez ready for CB? Otherwise why did we sign him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    This whole season so far, including the CONCACAF champs league run, came down to the fact that we can't finish.
    Seriously, we are as impotent up front like a 80 years old man, with all the posession we are racking up on some games.

Of course, the defense was a shadow of last years's, but that is excusable because of the injuries.
    I find this bolded part funny. It was exactly the fact we can finish that got us to the final. We converted on every chance and near chance we had, at least against Tigres and America. That's how we got to the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't think we're in disaster mode, but that was a hard game to watch. Of all teams, thumping Seattle would have had a lot of satisfaction and put the exclamation mark on the fact they don't belong on the same pitch as us. But I think we're right to start questioning some club decisions, possibly over-prioritizing CCL, not keeping players healthy, etc.

Have to agree with comments on Aketxe. I've seen some really good skill from him, but really think he was the case of jumping on a player that happened to be available as opposed to a player we really needed. As others have said there were/are bigger gaps around the pitch.

Having no proper centre halves is really killing us. I don't get the Hernandez deal either, is he still not good to go? We really need Bradley back in his normal position.

Again, not disaster mode yet, but with guys a month or six weeks away, and some we really don't know the honest prognosis on since Vanney is clear as mud about communicating injury status, we're in a worrying position right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can one watch the press release after?
    Cant seem to find it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You seriously think that Jozy's output is irreplaceable? Silly statement in my opinion.
    Show me where I said he was irreplaceable...I just said I would take his output over many other players in the league. If you are going to try to mock someone at least make sure you read the post you are mocking carefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So was this the first time Seattle beat us at home in regulation time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^In 2009 they beat us 2-0 in our home opener as an expansion team.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I still don't think we're in disaster mode, but that was a hard game to watch. Of all teams, thumping Seattle would have had a lot of satisfaction and put the exclamation mark on the fact they don't belong on the same pitch as us. But I think we're right to start questioning some club decisions, possibly over-prioritizing CCL, not keeping players healthy, etc.

Have to agree with comments on Aketxe. I've seen some really good skill from him, but really think he was the case of jumping on a player that happened to be available as opposed to a player we really needed. As others have said there were/are bigger gaps around the pitch.

Having no proper centre halves is really killing us. I don't get the Hernandez deal either, is he still not good to go? We really need Bradley back in his normal position.

Again, not disaster mode yet, but with guys a month or six weeks away, and some we really don't know the honest prognosis on since Vanney is clear as mud about communicating injury status, we're in a worrying position right now.

We are a Bradley injury or a Giovinco injury away from disaster mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    We are a Bradley injury or a Giovinco injury away from disaster mode.
    Long-term Giovinco injury would be the end of the season at this point