Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 137
  1. #1
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Match Day 8 - Seattle @ TFC Wednesday May 9 7:30 pm - Hey Ho Lets GO!





    *************
    Have at It People

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,373
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, this game is important.

    We are all still grieving the Chivas loss. But it hasn’t been that long since the 2016 final, it still galls that we lost in 2016, the Concacaf final brought it all back.

    If we had won these two matches that we lost in penalties in the last 18 months, where we were clearly the better team both times.... think of what that would have been/meant ... goddammit all over again.

    Seattle took something from us that belonged to us. They could have done it twice. By playing effing antifootball. Zero shots on goal in 210 minutes.

    We need some catharsis. Only a comprehensive battering on Wednesday will do.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-05-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So, this game is important.

    We are all still grieving the Chivas loss. But it hasn’t been that long since the 2016 final, it still galls that we lost in 2016, the Concacaf final brought it all back.

    If we had won these two matches that we lost in penalties in the last 18 months, where we were clearly the better team both times.... think of what that would have been/meant ... goddammit all over again.

    Seattle took something from us that belonged to us. They could have done it twice. By playing effing antifootball. Zero shots on goal in 210 minutes.

    We need some catharsis. Only a comprehensive battering on Wednesday will do.
    Thumbs up. 👍

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,625
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Bradley wants to transition to CB at some point I would sign him up long term.

  5. #5
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll agree that this game is important but not much more to me than getting the reds to the pussplops line and getting us back up where we belong. Seattle is struggling. To whip them isn't that big a deal but I can see how the wound is still fresh to some.

    Whip em lads.

    Let's Go!
    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  6. #6
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A win is important because we need a winning streak going.

    After our amazing run and historic season in 2017 and our amazing run to the CCL final this year, it boggles my mind how many Internet warriors are out there trying to say how garbage we are cause we are last place in the league and we can't catch up. And how suddenly nycfc or Atlanta or lac are the best teams in the league.

    After the poor 2 to 2 tie to Chicago. I just want another 3-0 statement win to shut everyone up again and watch us take over the league.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC formerly from Hamilton
    Posts
    1,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Make no mistake we broke Seattle. The team is in need of a full rebuild. While they have an MLS bauble - their real soccer fans know how shallow the value is of the Cup they won was. They were lucky and won it entirely on a defense that is now broken. I'd suspect that they are dreading this visit.

    We'll put 4 past them.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd warn everybody against expecting a blowout because, well, MLS. That and I think Seattle will be coming out guns blazing to prove they can still ball. but if TFC weathers the first 20 minutes of their assault. I think they can turn the tables and quality will prevail.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,373
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'd warn everybody against expecting a blowout because, well, MLS. That and I think Seattle will be coming out guns blazing to prove they can still ball. but if TFC weathers the first 20 minutes of their assault. I think they can turn the tables and quality will prevail.
    They are still quality. They are pretty strong defensively, but hopeless up front. The 2018 version of SKC the last couple of years.

    I want to put four or five goals past them for reasons of cold hate. Not saying it's rational.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seattle has only scored five times this season. Great time to be missing some defenders.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,701
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    They are still quality. They are pretty strong defensively, but hopeless up front. The 2018 version of SKC the last couple of years.

    I want to put four or five goals past them for reasons of cold hate. Not saying it's rational.
    We need to do that to someone to make up the GD after the Houston game. May as well be the Sounders

  12. #12
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    They are still quality. They are pretty strong defensively, but hopeless up front. The 2018 version of SKC the last couple of years.

    I want to put four or five goals past them for reasons of cold hate. Not saying it's rational.
    I would also like to beat them senseless.

  14. #14
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Back during the CCL it sounded like Morrow was real close to coming back. Guess that wasn't accurate or he re-injured himself.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Back during the CCL it sounded like Morrow was real close to coming back. Guess that wasn't accurate or he re-injured himself.
    Pep Guardiola. Mauricio Pochettino. Greg Vanney. In order of player injury disclosure transparency.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really look forward to this game. Fridays match was a joy to watch and really lifted my hopes in terms of our Shield chances for 2018.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Back during the CCL it sounded like Morrow was real close to coming back. Guess that wasn't accurate or he re-injured himself.
    considering morgan was not the weakest link, im surprised they rushed him back

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,373
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    considering morgan was not the weakest link, im surprised they rushed him back
    Morgan had his toughest game in that first half of the first leg, he got beat several times on dangerous plays. Plus Vanney was going for goals.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seattle is mostly trash and they're dejected atm. Ripe for the taking.


    I wonder what the lineup will look like. Do we continue to rotate on a short schedule or do we try to ride a familiar starting 11 to gain some sort of chemistry/momentum? Interesting question in the coming weeks as more games pile up and guys comeback from Injury and whatnot.

    I'll say that at this point I'm so impressed with Morgan's play I'm not really thinking about Morrow coming back. As great as he was last year, Morgan has been more than adequate there and provides a change of pace on that side.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 05-07-2018 at 06:52 PM.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Seattle is mostly trash and they're dejected atm. Ripe for the taking.


    I wonder what the lineup will look like. Do we continue to rotate on a short schedule or do we try to ride a familiar starting 11 to gain some sort of chemistry/momentum? Interesting question in the coming weeks as more games pile up and guys comeback from Injury and whatnot.

    I'll say that at this point I'm so impressed with Morgan's play I'm not really thinking about Morrow coming back. As great as he was last year, Morgan has been more than adequate there and provides a change of pace on that side.
    Considering we are playing on a garbage plastic pitch on Saturday, I say start the big boys for this game then rotate the squad against a New England team who are set for a nose dive at any moment.

  21. #21
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There isn't much team to rotate.

    (That's basically what Vanney said to the journos's yesterday)

  22. #22
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pinnacle of 115
    Posts
    1,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Prepare to get VAR'd Wednesday with Penso as the VAR official.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-match-preview
    Last edited by sidvan; 05-08-2018 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added link

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Morgan had his toughest game in that first half of the first leg, he got beat several times on dangerous plays. Plus Vanney was going for goals.
    I remember Morgan making them loose their cool. He got under their skin that game. Morrow had to have said he was close to 100% for vanney to make that change.

    cheyrou and raheem use to be those impact players off the bence to help score. hopefully hasler chapman and aketxe are those players now

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Seattle is mostly trash and they're dejected atm. Ripe for the taking.


    I wonder what the lineup will look like. Do we continue to rotate on a short schedule or do we try to ride a familiar starting 11 to gain some sort of chemistry/momentum? Interesting question in the coming weeks as more games pile up and guys comeback from Injury and whatnot.

    I'll say that at this point I'm so impressed with Morgan's play I'm not really thinking about Morrow coming back. As great as he was last year, Morgan has been more than adequate there and provides a change of pace on that side.
    agreed. fully dependable, defence first mindset. mids dont have to worry to cover him. He balances the field well with Auro out there. But its good he scored that goal in CL, shows the other team they need to be cognizant of him moving fwd

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    agreed. fully dependable, defence first mindset. mids dont have to worry to cover him. He balances the field well with Auro out there. But its good he scored that goal in CL, shows the other team they need to be cognizant of him moving fwd
    to an extent, sure. I think that Morrow and Morgan are similarly talented on the defensive end but in two very different ways. Morrow is positionaly really smart and, underratedly, exceptional at marking far post runners and maintaining our shape. Morgan doesn't do that marking runners bit exceptionally well, but he's really solid in the tackle and can cover a crazy amount of ground to make up for his occasional lapse in concentration.

    I was referring more to their contributions on the other end. Morrow is really safe on the ball, and really, really intelligent in making runs and and being a danger in the box - you don't score ten goals in a season as a left-back if your not. My one main criticism of him is that he has trouble staying wide and whipping in any type of effective cross, to the extent that he even ever tries to. It can make the team very congested. Morgan on the other hand is the opposite, pretty much acts as a damn good chalk-on-the-boots-type winger when we're in the opposition third. Opens the middle up for our impact players. Until this season he's never really attempted to be a goal-threat.

    Anyway, this is small potatoes. Both are superb and start on pretty much any team in the league. I'm extremely glad to have both of them here for the long-term.

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think because Osorio has stepped up to bag some goals, we are not missing Morrow's goal threat as much. Will be interesting to see how it turns out once he's back 100%

  27. #27
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Too bad Jozy won't be playing. Torres and Marshall out of the Seattle line up would have been good for him since they, especially Torres played him really physical the last few times. Can't wait for TFC to put the beat down on Seattle. Fight....and win!!!


  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Too bad Jozy won't be playing. Torres and Marshall out of the Seattle line up would have been good for him since they, especially Torres played him really physical the last few times. Can't wait for TFC to put the beat down on Seattle. Fight....and win!!!

    fackkk
    I am going to have nightmares tonight, thats for sure

  29. #29
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wherever I Lay my Hat
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool






    Interview: Gustav Svensson on playing Toronto FC

    Comment at 1:20 is the highlight, IMO.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Considering we are playing on a garbage plastic pitch on Saturday, I say start the big boys for this game then rotate the squad against a New England team who are set for a nose dive at any moment.
    Lol really TFC’s record versus New England in New England is horrible even last year they lost there near the end of the season, I don’t think TFC has the luxury at this point even though it’s still early days in the season to go into games with a TFC 2 type of lineup anymore, they need to start getting points and going on a run artificial turf or not, you play your best possible starting lineup and start trying to win games no matter where you are playing before even making the playoffs might start to become a struggle never mind Supporters Sheild talk and what not.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •