Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VDW roaming forward is a sight to behold - teams don't know what to do with this guy coming at them out of the back. This league doesn't see that very often from its CB's who tend to be big guys without much pace or dribbling technique. Vanney's tactics have been copied by a lot of teams who now play the 3-5-2 and try to play quick passes everywhere. Lets see if other teams take notice & look to bring in CB's who can take space & overload.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did that playing a 3-5-2 without the three.

Nobody in this league can come close to matching our depth.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Van der Wiel and Bradley have been in immense in the CB rolls. Their versatility has been incredible. They are both better than the first team starters in those rolls.

Giovinco is hungry again that's a huge factor. With Aketxe bedding in and the inuries coming back - we are poised to go on a real roll.

I'd give Bradley an extension for 5 years based on what I have seen...he can play till he is 40 in the CB roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Great game. Osorio back to his old self infront of the net

Daily practice on quick left foot shots for the foreseeable future

absolutely agree - BUT - he was a workhorse and technically strong throughout the rest of the pitch....he's come a long way and desires his spot on the starting 11

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I certainly hope so.

I'm still not over the CCL loss, and the crap officiating screw job of the VAR in the Fire game.

I need to see this win be the start of a long streak where we crawl back up near the top of the standings. It's actually physically painful to see us in dead last.
    Check again and hurt no more. We jump 2 spots and with a game in hand we play Seattle next. Cue The Jeffersons theme song.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Van der Wiel and Bradley have been in immense in the CB rolls. Their versatility has been incredible. They are both better than the first team starters in those rolls.

Giovinco is hungry again that's a huge factor. With Aketxe bedding in and the inuries coming back - we are poised to go on a real roll.

I'd give Bradley an extension for 5 years based on what I have seen...he can play till he is 40 in the CB roll.
    Micheal Bradley reminds me of the Italian and former Italian national team and 2010 World Cup winner Fabio Cannavaro who captained Italy to the 2010 World Cup playing back there at the back. Cannavaro like Bradley was a total team player and was the heart and soul of that Italian team just like Bradley is for TFC .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was exactly the type of confidence boosting game we needed, 3 different scorers, everyone involved in the play.

I'm absolutely loving VDW in this role, and safe to say he's come to Toronto to play and be a part of our special group.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been amazed at van der Wiel's speed on numerous occasions in the last few games, especially recovering on defense against well-known speedsters from MLS or Mexican teams. It made sense that he was not 100% fit at the beginning of the season, coming from the off-season and after playing only sporadically for his previous teams. Now we're getting a much better impression of his qualities. BTW I'm a big fan of Beitashour, but I can't imagine him sliding into CB as impressively as GvdW has. Considering we even saved money under the cap, that was obviously a great bit of business -- plus we got Auro as well.

Hopefully everyone else stays healthy, and we get a few injured players back soon. Somebody mentioned it in another thread: with Moor, Zavaleta, Mavinga, and especially Hagglund & Altidore all away, we are really missing some height + heft in the box on dead ball situations & crosses at both ends of the field. It was good that Bono tipped that strong Philly header off the bar in the 10th minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are all the Aketxe haters in this thread...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a Philly Union guy on twitter:

If you make a list of the Union's last 10 road wins in MLS, Chivas is on it.
    Really.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    From a Philly Union guy on twitter:

If you make a list of the Union's last 10 road wins in MLS, Chivas is on it.
    Really.
    Wow. But for TFC fans after our recent CCL run, we have to clarify: that win was vs. Chivas USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, he's still very strong out there. Just needs a lesson in one touch shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was a great comprehensive win for our Reds.....

Philly is garbage but sometimes those are the toughest to win, and we've seen this group play down to a level at times.
    But all cylinders were firing on Friday, and a great save from Bono too...
    These guys will be focused for another run this year....imo, there's no need to worry about the early season stumble in MLS....we will be back up to speed in no time, injuries or not....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Philadelphia are REALLY bad. I miss playing Mexican teams already.
    lol this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    lol this
    Honestly, there were points in that game where I just wanted to organize them.

Basic organization can go a long way, especially when you don't have the quality of players. They are badly coached.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I enjoy a proper beat down every couple of games. It is better to give than to receive and we took our share in the first half dozen or so years of watching this club.