Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    https://www.football-italia.net/1205...-want-giovinco

Not surprised Mexican teams would be interested in Giovinco
    The Chivas fans were obsessed with Gio. They hated him. Booed/whistled him on every touch.

Which makes me think that he is someone who would be loved in Liga MX.

He is kind of an elite Mexican style player, in truth.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A better younger Bradley for mls? Where and how?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    I think we need to keep Giovinco and Altidore. I recommend we trade or sell Bradley for a younger version of grit. there has to be someone better than Bradley with less money.

S@$@## T, If Atlanta can spend 15 million on a 19 year what will stop MLSE to spend something like that... also, what is 10 million for Giovinco based on the other stupid salaries MLSE spends on the Leafs and Raptors.
    You clearly don't understand the importance of Bradley and how much of TFC's success is due to what he's done off the field as well as on the field.

I mean - most recent memory was the last match where he played CB - not his natural position - and played it better than most of our current CB's....and still controlled the game the way he knows how to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    A better younger Bradley for mls? Where and how?
    It's impossible to find. Sure we might find a younger and more skilled player, but they will almost definitely never possess his intangibles. He's the kind of leader that raises the level of the whole team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 players on this team push their teammates to be significantly better on the pitch - Bradley, Seba, Moor.

Moor is being replaced in front of our eyes by a World Cup playing, Euro Champions League playing CB that dropped into our laps - I don't know if VDW has the drive to organize the backline like Moor does but he has the head for it.

Replacing Seba though is going to be tough because he demands so much more of his teammates and thus makes them all drive to get better. The Dempsey's of the world don't do that stuff. The only equivalent in this league is Villa.

When the time comes to replace Seba, we need somebody very good who is around 27 and has the fire to tell his teammates when they screwed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In love with everyone thoughts and opinions.
    I think he should be signed for 5 years. And first 2 years at 7 million each. 5th year I'd keep as a option. Aside from his age, he"ll be top 10 in MLS this year at least.
    It also shows future great players we may get, that we take care of our own.
    Plus him being around provides mentorship and team stability to other players. Having a turnover rate of players constantly leaving never worked for us in the past, as we don't have the foundations of rebuilding as yet. We are still a young team of 10 years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    3 players on this team push their teammates to be significantly better on the pitch - Bradley, Seba, Moor.

Moor is being replaced in front of our eyes by a World Cup playing, Euro Champions League playing CB that dropped into our laps - I don't know if VDW has the drive to organize the backline like Moor does but he has the head for it.

Replacing Seba though is going to be tough because he demands so much more of his teammates and thus makes them all drive to get better. The Dempsey's of the world don't do that stuff. The only equivalent in this league is Villa.

When the time comes to replace Seba, we need somebody very good who is around 27 and has the fire to tell his teammates when they screwed up.
    The gap between what 31 year Seba will make, $7M, and what 31 year old Diego Valeri got, $2.6M, is vast. 32 year old Federico Higuain makes only $1M!

To get this done now, Manning would probably have to give Seba $5M a year for two extra years at age 33 and 34. But logic dictates that Seba’s value in MLS isn’t much more than Valeri. Manning isn’t Leiweke, he is going to have trouble getting his head around going much north of $3M.

I have developed a strong fear that Seba will go to Mexico, because spending an extra $5M over two years is nothing to Tigres or America, who spend $60-70M a year on salaries, and, having just watched this, Seba was born for Liga MX.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-28-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The gap between what 31 year Seba will make, $7M, and what 31 year old Diego Valeri got, $2.6M, is vast. 32 year old Federico Higuain makes only $1M!

To get this done now, Manning would probably have to give Seba $5M a year for two extra years at age 33 and 34. But logic dictates that Seba’s value in MLS isn’t much more than Valeri. Manning isn’t Leiweke, he is going to have trouble getting his head around going much north of $3M.

I have developed a strong fear that Seba will go to Mexico, because spending an extra $5M over two years is nothing to Tigres or America, who spend $60-70M a year on salaries, and, having just watched this, Seba was born for Liga MX.
    Lol yeah they can throw buckets of cash at him but Seba is not giving up Yorkville and Oakville for Mexico.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Lol yeah they can throw buckets of cash at him but Seba is not giving up Yorkville and Oakville for Mexico.
    I can assure you that the big cities in Mexico can deliver a very nice quality of life to wealthy people. They have versions of Yorkville and Oakville that would surprise you I suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can assure you that the big cities in Mexico can deliver a very nice quality of life to wealthy people. They have versions of Yorkville and Oakville that would surprise you I suspect.
    Yeah it's not about the luxury shopping and coffee shops.

Vazquez would have a fit if Gio went the other way.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Yeah it's not about the luxury shopping and coffee shops.

Vazquez would have a fit if Gio went the other way.
    Toronto also offers a media spotlight and interaction with the public that is much less intense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he went there first, im sure he could handle it

But coming from here, walking and driving anywhere without much of a worry, you know being a rich athlete puts a target on your back

No one wants death threats for missing a PK / or scoring a PK in a hostile game

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he went there first, im sure he could handle it

But coming from here, walking and driving anywhere without much of a worry, you know being a rich athlete puts a target on your back

No one wants death threats for missing a PK / or scoring a PK in a hostile game
    This is all true. I think the money may be somewhat secondary, in truth.

It all depends on whether Gio wants to go for it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all true. I think the money may be somewhat secondary, in truth.

It all depends on whether Gio wants to go for it or not.
    yah, on flip side. its not that hard to go to mexico for 2 years, make $15M then go back to italy to reitre

im sure i could make it work if someone offered me even 1M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah, on flip side. its not that hard to go to mexico for 2 years, make $15M then go back to italy to reitre

im sure i could make it work if someone offered me even 1M
    Time becomes longer and money more irrelevant when you're not enjoying yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Time becomes longer and money more irrelevant when you're not enjoying yourself.
    I think a lot of people here are selling Mexico short. Beautiful country, quality of the football is way higher overall, rabid supporters. Substantially nicer weather. I'm sure there is a part of Giovinco who was loving being there and misses playing in that atmosphere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez in his ear about Mexico would be a mitigating factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too hot for me but I'd be willing to adjust.

I think we are selling Mexico short, we have middle class glasses on.
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 05-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see him going tbh. I certainly wouldn't write off though, any destination due to perceived lifestyle. Look at the genuine quality players that China has attracted in last few seasons. Looks like Iniesta, one of the best players of his generation is reportedly off there now too. I'm sure he could have made tons in mls or in any top league in the world for that matter, but the lure of the big money in China for one last big payday looks like its won.