Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Always best to call TFC FO first during the week to confirm but you should be able to use Fan Services. They check in strollers/umbrellas and all that stuff you are not allowed to bring to your seats on game days because of restrictions at the stadium.
    Looks like we'll be able to bring in our bags after an "excessive search". We'll pack lightly to avoid any issues. Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if I can log in to Bell and watch this game say at 8 pm tomorrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Yes, if you record it beforehand.

You can log in to TSN.ca and find it in their On Demand section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope everyone goes easy on our guys if TFC cough up a furball tomorrow

We are exhausted, we are missing our top 5 CBs, Altidore is clearly hurting, Vazquez is not 100%, they just played the most gut wrenching game imaginable, they flew 6 hours yesterday...
    Last edited by ensco; 04-27-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We are exhausted, we are missing our top 5 CBs, Altidore is clearly hurting, Vazquez is not 100%, they just played the most gut wrenching game imaginable, they flew 6 hours yesterday...
    All very true and valid points but I think it's time we start picking up points in the league. We can't just keep dropping poInts and then expect the boys to win 15-20 games straight.
    Tomorow we play the guys who are itching to get back out there after Wednesday night and get back into the winning column.
    Its not a season ending loss tomorrow but against a team like Chicago we need to be taking all 3 points. Because they will be up there at the end of the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I agree! In addition to having no idea who is healthy enough to play tomorrow, I'm also wary of the cumulative load and strain on a few guys who have NOT had any injury trouble yet, especially Bradley and Giovinco. In previous seasons, we have seen them get injured during a long season; or at least seen them not looking 100% probably due exhaustion and the like.

For all our top players, for me it's much more important that they are available at close to 100% from May through December, than if they play or how they do on April 28th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The likely starters tomorrow can beat Chicago - they are not really that good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else see that VDW could be our answer to replace Moor at CB? I prefer him there rather than at RB plus I really like what Auro brings in that position. I don’t think Moor is done yet btw.....and maybe he should partner with VDW. Hopefully a long term partnership of VDW and Nick H could be the answer. Nick’s power in the air combined with VDW’s finesse and passing ability sounds good to me. And of course I think eventually MB is made for the CB role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the club does something to recognize the awards Osorio and Giovinco received.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Anyone else see that VDW could be our answer to replace Moor at CB? I prefer him there rather than at RB plus I really like what Auro brings in that position. I don’t think Moor is done yet btw.....and maybe he should partner with VDW. Hopefully a long term partnership of VDW and Nick H could be the answer. Nick’s power in the air combined with VDW’s finesse and passing ability sounds good to me. And of course I think eventually MB is made for the CB role.
    All very good points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the TFC II game general admissision? I might try and stand in the south end for that game if I can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Is the TFC II game general admissision? I might try and stand in the south end for that game if I can

It is, but if they do the same as they did in the past the move everyone to the West stands for the TFC II game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Lower east side stands is what USL is using since it faces the camera. Expect to be moved there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shameless plug...

Game Day!

We’re Back!!!!

RPB Tailgate

Saturday April 28th @ 11:30am (Toronto FC v Chicago Fire 3:00pm Kick-Off)

You heard it right. Tailgates are back with some sweet eats to match the sweet taste of success as reigning MLS Champs!! Everyone is welcome to attend.

** Food available until 1:30pm **

Planned Menu
    Supporters Shield Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
    MLS Cup Champion Tacos
    Glenn M’s Ribs!!
    Burgers & Hot dogs (vegetarian available)
    Salads
    Water & Pop
    Snacks

We will be set up in our usual location in the parking lot on the east side of BMO field. (Nunavut Rd.) We hope to see you there!

RPB Tailgate Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Van Der Wiel in his last interview mentioned that he likes the cb role... feels less isolated and more involved in the buildup of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is our 14th competitive game of the season. We walked into Guadalajara with 5 defenders injured...half fit Vazquez and Altidore... and won the game. New players have emerged as genuine talents Osorio - Morgan - Auro Jr - and VdW. While we shouldn't expect a win today given the level of exhaustion - we all know that they can do it. Bradley doesn't tire he seems indestrucible....Giovinco is looking hungry again (his goal in the run of play against Chivas was astonishing)

This is going to be a great season. I wouldn't trade the games against the three Mexican teams for anything - we have moved to a higher level than we ended last season. Teams should thank their stars they played against our Jr teams...they are about get steam rolled now,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    This is going to be a great season. I wouldn't trade the games against the three Mexican teams for anything - we have moved to a higher level than we ended last season. Teams should thank their stars they played against our Jr teams...they are about get steam rolled now,
    Amen to that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the best possible line up out there. We could quibble: Hamilton, for example, or Chapman. But they are clearly playing the best possible lineup to win. Interesting formation too. Wonder if it’s 4-4-1-1 (Bradley as CD, Vasquez under Gio), 4-5-1, or 3-6-1 with Bradley in the 6?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting line up! This is the home opener for me! (Have a 2.5 month old at home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any streams available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Great way to get the league going again.

Show ‘em we’re back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone got a solid stream?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Party time
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting to hate video reviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR is going to ruin soccer. Takes away the flow, pretends certainty where none exists, and in the case of offside, makes the game unequal because only goals get called back, not wrongly called offsides that stop a goal from happening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a statement game from the team. Brilliant display - Vanney is a magician.

Vazquez - Gio - Oso brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS. Can someone tell Delgado we're playing in red ? Other than that, all's good. What a save from Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sequence shows the absurdity of VAR. The schweinstager tackle immediately prior was more of a foul than Morgan's, yet had a huge impact on the play. It will never be reviewed, yet Morgan's was - it's going to destroy the flow and feel of games. Terrible. (And was never a penalty)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That sequence shows the absurdity of VAR. The schweinstager tackle immediately prior was more of a foul than Morgan's, yet had a huge impact on the play. It will never be reviewed, yet Morgan's was - it's going to destroy the flow and feel of games. Terrible. (And was never a penalty)
    I think it was a penalty. VAR is a joke, human error is part of the game. The linesman on the far side has put his flag away which isn't helping the ref.