Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great response from the Reds to the disappointment of Wednesday. However, this refis shit! He looks a bit like David Brent and is acting like him. He can’t seem to make a decision for himself and goes to VAR for every single major decision

Nice to see Vazquez back and contributing. We missed him in the CCL
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 04-28-2018 at 03:07 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is boss so far this match.

Vasquez is our thorough MVP. This game shows why.

About VAR. Either do it right, or don't do it at all. Those last two reviews were bullshit, and thank bloody God Bono stopped Schweinsteiger's PK, because that was justice for that call on Ashton Morgan in the box.

And Stephen Caldwell can go eat a bag of huge dicks!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that handball just outside the box shows why VAR is absurd. A free kick there would be highly influential. Totally arbitrary that it isn't reviewed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone that says our CCL run was indicative of MLS as a whole, I present to you TFC vs Chivas at home and then TFC vs Chicago at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicolic was offside and interfering wiyj Bono on the goal. schweinsteiger was onside - the VAR got that wrong IMO.

Same with penalty. Nicolic didn’t play the ball he blocked Morgan from playing the ball. Indirect FK for TFc for interference was the right call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So good to have Vazquez back. My imagination does picture what the CCL final legs would have looked like with him 100% fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking gassed now. Will have to hold on now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf is Caldwell talking about? Reviewing both the offside call and potential penalty? You can't review a potential penalty on a player that was called offside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    For anyone that says our CCL run was indicative of MLS as a whole, I present to you TFC vs Chivas at home and then TFC vs Chicago at home.
    Spoke way too soon. But that was a pathetic way to capitulate wasted so many opportunities. With the way we've started the season we're really gonna regret losing that W.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that's the icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Nicolic was offside and interfering wiyj Bono on the goal. schweinsteiger was onside - the VAR got that wrong IMO.

Same with penalty. Nicolic didn’t play the ball he blocked Morgan from playing the ball. Indirect FK for TFc for interference was the right call.
    I'd like to see their first again.

You're allowed to block a player from the ball, especially if he's behind you. If you're between the ball and the player and the player kicks you, it's a penalty. He got it right.

Not sure what Morgan was doing with that header, looked like he should have cleared it.

Hate to say it, but Chicago deserved a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Fatigue really showing. Vanney with no option but to put out a kid.

Ricketts is really close to losing my love, if he is not putting away games, what is he here for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just running on fumes at the end, CCL has us totally drained. We would've pumped them for 4 or 5 with more rest, never mind having a healthier squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team was gassed. Should have had the 3 points but given what's gone on, going to be positive about how good we are compared to the league & move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think that Gio's goal should have been allowed. The VAR over ruled the lineseman who had a far better view and was n the perfect position. The camera angle that the used to rule offside was worse than the linesman's position. There are some real issues with VAR it will take a while and some training to get it right,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it is hard to criticize anyone for that performance there were two plays that should have sealed this game for us. First was Ajer with bags of time on his left foot - we know he has a cracking left foot and it was his moment to kill the game. The second was Rickets...through on goal with a decent pass from Gio...he is half as fast as he was when he first cam to TFC. He pulled out of what should have been easy goal. Frankly at this stage I'd be looking to trade him...I'm afraid to say because I really liked his attitude when he first came.

We need to sign an extra CB before the deadline somehow...loan deal maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Effin hell... how did we conspire to throw that away

im extremely disappointed by the side today. We get a perfect start only to blow it. It simply isn’t good enough. We deserve better from the payroll we are dishing out. Bez has had a terrible off season with his signings, and needs to move quickly to solve the problems he created.

CCL or not we should have had enough to see that game out with all three points. This is going to be a long hard season if we don’t get ourselves sorted out soon. Aketxe is a bust and needs put down to TFC II until we can move him out. I’m not convinced Auro is anywhere near the same level as Beitashour. Hasler is the better option at right back imo, but even still we’re much weaker at RB than we were last year. We can only hope that when the CB situation clears VDW can make that spot his own. That’s possibly the worst I’ve seen Bradley play for us and I might be more forgiving had he not ballooned that penalty into orbit in midweek but has to shoulder the blame for his part in the equalizer. Up front we need quality back up for Séba and Jozy as there is a massive drop off in quality from them and Ricketts, Hamilton, and Spencer. This is a priority imo before the window closes. We can make all the excuses in the world for today, but we had that game in the bag and let it slip. We’re doing this too often and it has to stop. We are thirteen points off the leaders which is massive in this league, and if we don’t buck our ideas up pronto, we’ll be fighting for a playoff spot let alone a home tie

im absolutely fuming at that collapse. This is not the same TFC that burned all before them last season and I want that TFC back!
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 04-28-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goddamit that's annoying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it make you feel better if Chicago had led 2-0, and we had come back to tie it? If yes, pretend that is what happened.

We tied, and played well in the first half. It exceeded my expectations.

So. Philly.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it is hard to criticize anyone for that performance there were two plays that should have sealed this game for us. First was Ajer with bags of time on his left foot - we know he has a cracking left foot and it was his moment to kill the game. The second was Rickets...through on goal with a decent pass from Gio...he is half as fast as he was when he first cam to TFC. He pulled out of what should have been easy goal. Frankly at this stage I'd be looking to trade him...I'm afraid to say because I really liked his attitude when he first came.

We need to sign an extra CB before the deadline somehow...loan deal maybe?
    Do we have any TAM left even?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vintage TFC clown show in 2nd half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Would it make you feel better if Chicago had led 2-0, and we had come back to tie it? If yes, pretend that is what happened.

We tied, and played well in the first half. It exceeded my expectations.

So. Philly.
    On the balance of play, we were vastly superior not only in the first half but also in the second, even though we were gassed. We got way too cute in the second half around the box and the defence became borderline dysfunctional once Hernandez came on, but even then we still had better opportunities. Easily could have had 3 in the second half if we were more clinical. That was nothing like being down 2 nil and coming back, that's an entirely different game state from which to operate and you know that, Ensco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys - chill out seriously. There is no doubt that we have the best team in the MLS. We absolutely destroyed that team then ran out of gas. Several very dubious VAR calls...a couple of misses ...it could of easily been 4 or 5 goals for us.

To say Auro Jr...isn't very good.. I have no idea what you are watching...coz he is night and day better than Beitashour and is young and will improve. That is an insane comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    On the balance of play, we were vastly superior not only in the first half but also in the second, even though we were gassed. We got way too cute in the second half around the box and the defence became borderline dysfunctional once Hernandez came on, but even then we still had better opportunities. Easily could have had 3 in the second half if we were more clinical. That was nothing like being down 2 nil and coming back, that's an entirely different game state from which to operate and you know that, Ensco.
    We were not vastly superior in the second half. They had more of the ball, created more chances, and Bono was far busier than their keeper. Did we have a shot on target in the 2nd half ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't give a fuck that he once played for our side, Alan Gordon is made of douchebag. Period!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys - chill out seriously. There is no doubt that we have the best team in the MLS. We absolutely destroyed that team then ran out of gas. Several very dubious VAR calls...a couple of misses ...it could of easily been 4 or 5 goals for us.

To say Auro Jr...isn't very good.. I have no idea what you are watching...coz he is night and day better than Beitashour and is young and will improve. That is an insane comment.
    Have you watched Atlanta or NYCFC this season? If you had I doubt you’d be making the “best team in the league” claim with such authority. Other sides in MLS made serious strides forward in the offseason whilst we allowed ourselves to be distracted by the CCL. IF we had won the trophy on Wednesday fair enough, you could make a case it was worthwhile, but we didn’t, we finished runners up, as losers, and the price has been far too great for merely a good showing. In retrospect Vanney should have been more balanced with his selections in CCL and MLS instead of putting all our eggs in one basket in a trophy that’s nothing more than a bonus. We’re 13 points off the lead in MLS, we might as well kiss the SS goodbye, and will do well to make the playoffs from here let alone guarantee a home tie
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 04-28-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking Gordon...plays for a different team every year. Looked like he had won the MLS Cupfinal after that goal...tosshead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The insanity in my mind is saying Auro is anywhere close to the consistency of Beta. He might look good going forward (though nine times out of ten his poor decision making leads to nothing) but he ain’t a patch on SB defensively. I doubt we’ll see much of Auro when VDW returns to that spot. Even Hasler offers more imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Have you watched Atlanta or NYCFC this season? If you had I doubt you’d be making the “best team in the league” claim with such authority. Other sides in MLS made serious strides forward in the offseason whilst we allowed ourselves to be distracted by the CCL. IF we had won the trophy on Wednesday far enough you could make a case it was worthwhile, but we didn’t, we finished runners up, as losers, and the price has been far too great for merely a good showing. In retrospect Vanney should have been more balanced with his selection in CCL and MLS instead of putting all our eggs in one basket in a trophy that’s nothing more than a bonus. We’re 13 points off the lead in MLS, we might as well kiss the SS goodbye, and will do well to make the playoffs from here let alone guarantee a home tie
    Nope..not even close. We won the game away in Mexico on Wednesday...lost in penalties. We we weren't distracted at all..we were focussed on the real target. CONCACAF is far superior to the MLS in terms of a challenge. We will be in a playoff spot by June and will be in the hunt for the SS. Really we should be basking in the glow of what this team has done and is poised to continue. Take any other team in the league and pull out 5 defenders and two other starters and you would have a shambles of epic proportions. You do that to TFC and we came a balls hair from winning the CONCACAF Champions League and dominate Chicago a few days later. I am saying this & have been plenty critical of TFC over the years. Now isn't the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that’s crazy. He’s been solid all the way around. Has the odd defensive lapse but so did beitashour. There is loads of potential there and he’s already contributing.

Honestly people. Ease up on this team a bit while we find our legs. These guys have been run into the ground over the past few months and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I fully believe we’ll come around in MLS play.