Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leg 1 Tigres v Toronto was the best game I have ever seen involving TFC. The caliber of football was incredibly good.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Leg 1 Tigres v Toronto was the best game I have ever seen involving TFC. The caliber of football was incredibly good.
    We shoulda played our scrubs so the starters could play against Montreal tho

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    We shoulda played our scrubs so the starters could play against Montreal tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ensco, you are fabulous for making the trip down to guadalajara. But you said you would have more thoughts "tomorrow" and we have only seen bits and pieces. Don't hold back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    While this may be plausible, I can’t believe that Bradley would intentionally miss. He’s too much of a competitor for that and I can’t imagine that oso would appreciate him throwing it to make him less of the focal point. It one thing to shoulder the blame in the press conference after all is said and done, but another to deliberately sabotage your team when you still have a chance to win (as slight as it was).

Heres my theory: recall the 2016 MLS Cup PKs... Bradley’s attempt was easily stopped by Frei - Bradley’s kick was soft, like he was trying to finesse it into the net.

Fastforward to the CCL Final PKs... I suspect the captain thought “no f’ing way that’s happening again” and put every ounce of power he had into it and it’s going in even if the keeper gets in front of it, and busting out the back of the onion bag. Sadly, he got under the ball and, well, it remains in orbit to this day.

PKs suck and don’t represent a true win in my opinion. I feel less bad about this one than I did in 2016. The team accomplished so much and I have no doubt that we will be competing at this level for the foreseeable future. We are lucky to have such an amazing team.
    Knowing Bradley's character yours is a far more likely explanation. I never meant to infer that he would intentionally miss a kick, just that they way he missed it looked off. It crossed my mind for a second but the more I thought about it the less likely it seems. Looking at what I initially wrote, I picked the wrong choice of words.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Ensco, you are fabulous for making the trip down to guadalajara. But you said you would have more thoughts "tomorrow" and we have only seen bits and pieces. Don't hold back.
    Like everyone, I am having trouble figuring out what I am feeling about it all. I am incredibly proud of the team, but all I am doing is replying the Delgado miss over and over in my mind. Which is totally unfair to the guy.

Will do something later today. I met terrific people on this trip, the team has great supporters. Guadalajara is a surprise, the people (Chivas fans and everyone else) were great, it's a lovely city, well worth visiting.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”