Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this. This is what I was dreaming of in 2007.

Now we have to stay focused and take it home.

How is Jozy????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to take Chivas seriously. They will work hard and be organized and will not make the mistake that America and Tigres to think that they deserve to win just because they from the better league.

I like their Coach he is a serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I dreaming? Just Woke up and the Finals tix were ready in the SSH portal already???
    $40 for 221 - can't imagine being at a Finals match without the rain, wind and a touch of snow anymore. COYR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingLedley View Post
    Am I dreaming? Just Woke up and the Finals tix were ready in the SSH portal already???
    $40 for 221 - can't imagine being at a Finals match without the rain, wind and a touch of snow anymore. COYR!
    isn't it nice to be in a final and just have your regular seats conveniently there to buy, rather than fighting the whole stadium to sit somewhere near your season seats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After paying for your tickets, anyone else not see them available?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    After paying for your tickets, anyone else not see them available?
    They are not available yet, will be once the game details are confirmed.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Not nearly as funny as the Peruvian team called "Deportivo Wanka". Their jerseys are very popular in Britain.
    I take offense to that. The Huanca or “Wanka” people were the one of the few tribes in South America to beat the Incas in battle until they were defeated by overwhelming numbers. They helped the Spanish defeat the Incas, because they valued their independence and rhe Spanish left there territory untouched during colonial times and gave them free land to work. The team is a testament to the people, who’s descendants lived in Mid Peru, like myself.

Back to CCL, well its 180 minutes of Canadian and MLS glory for TFC. Would be sweet irony that a Canadian MLS team would go to a CWC where other American teams have failed. Should be a great final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    I take offense to that. The Huanca or “Wanka” people were the one of the few tribes in South America to beat the Incas in battle until they were defeated by overwhelming numbers. They helped the Spanish defeat the Incas, because they valued their independence and rhe Spanish left there territory untouched during colonial times and gave them free land to work. The team is a testament to the people, who’s descendants lived in Mid Peru, like myself.

Back to CCL, well its 180 minutes of Canadian and MLS glory for TFC. Would be sweet irony that a Canadian MLS team would go to a CWC where other American teams have failed. Should be a great final.
    I'm aware of the history/origin of the name. I wasn't insinuating the comedy derived from mocking the name of those people, but rather the the fact that there is a team named after a group of people that coincidentally is pronounced the same as a British slang insult for someone who jerks off too much. If you don't see the comedy in that then I don't know what to do for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, any thoughts on how to maintain/improve the altitude performance? Guadelajara is not quite as high as Mexico City but it's still on the threshold of altitude effects (and in fact at about the same elevation as Commerce City Colorado)...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a member or a mod, so anyone can ignore this .... but I nevertheless declare a ban on CWC discussion until after the both Final legs are done.

There will be many months available to marinate in that, once job is finished.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Can we get the same referees for the 2nd leg final? Those guys were the 2nd man of the match, they simply laughed off all the bullshit CA tried to pull.
    I loved that, at half time when Herrera went over to chat with him and he just laughed.
    Amazing.
    It also seemed like Club America knew and didn’t even try some of their regular bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am not a member or a mod, so anyone can ignore this .... but I nevertheless declare a ban on CWC discussion until after the both Final legs are done.

There will be many months available to marinate in that, once job is finished.
    Here, here. Chivas is no slouch, and they've given up only 1 goal in this tournament.

Still a daunting task ahead of us, especially with all the injuries we're contending with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like the weather will be cold as usuall

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shouldn't be playing for anything MLS. Remember what we all won last season, and we didn't get one of the CCL spots from them. If we didn't win the Canadian Cup we wouldn't be here. If we don't win it again this year, we don't attend next season. This should be strictly for Canada, showing MLS and the USSF that they should be spreading out fairly their MLS spots to EITHER a US or Canadian team while allowing 1 cup designated so each country has atleast 1 participant. Can't wait for this match and we cannot over estimate Guad... COYR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully, fewer away fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

Hopefully, fewer away fans.
    They came from as far away as Spanish Harlem and Queens most likely.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks likec crappy non-existent secruity - when the yellow vests finally show up they have no idea what to do.

There will be a lot more Chivas fans up here then what we have seen so far this CCL - that's the nature of CCL. Unlike in Jersey, we will still outnumber them because our 25K SSH base tends to buy more into these games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk. The CA away support seemed to be mostly from Mexico. I think it's likely the incident in the video above is mostly down to poor security at RBA, which they've been know to have. We're pretty good at sectioning off the away section and surrounding away supporters with an overzealous amount of security. It'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know when tickets will become available on Ticketmaster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Anyone know when tickets will become available on Ticketmaster?
    The window for buying season seats ends tomorrow at midnight. Probably will be a short window for buying extra seats for SSH. I'm thinking Friday after noon maybe for general sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am have been sitting in 211, and I have to tell you that for the CL games there have been a significant amount of Mexican supporters in the stands, they are a minority, but it could turn ugly if security is not vamped up. Mixing supporters is just a bad idea, even if it is a small number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am have been sitting in 211, and I have to tell you that for the CL games there have been a significant amount of Mexican supporters in the stands, they are a minority, but it could turn ugly if security is not vamped up. Mixing supporters is just a bad idea, even if it is a small number.
    There was a bit of a scuffle in 115 in the last game when a CA fan got into it with supporter. Not sure if he thought it was a good idea to be in the supporter section.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Friday, April 13th at 12PM you will have the opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a Membership discount for this match. You will receive an email on Friday morning containing your unique presale code prior to your presale time.

So sometime after that.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 was pretty Mexican for both Tigres and even more so CA. Pretty cool tbh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    The long range forecast for next Tuesday in T.O. Cloudy with sunny breaks, High: 3C, Low -3C, Wind: 30km W.

CD Guadalajara gon' be shiverin' next week.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    204 was pretty Mexican for both Tigres and even more so CA. Pretty cool tbh.
    Designated away section - probably less plastic then the rave green ones who were up there in December.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the info amazing history which of course I wasn’t aware of . And if it offends you then it offends you , you don’t have to see the ‘comedy’ in anything . The Incas were fierce so the ‘wanka’ Must of been special .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will we be without Mavinga and Vazquez?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    On Friday, April 13th at 12PM you will have the opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a Membership discount for this match. You will receive an email on Friday morning containing your unique presale code prior to your presale time.

So sometime after that.

This is BS scalpers are just going to buy up all the damn tickets and regular people will never even get to the 2pm Presale let alone general public.