Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it was a good run TFC, honestly for the Houston game put the 1st team regulars back in, so TFC doesn’t lose more ground in the MLS season. Chances of winning in Guadalajara are slimmer than the Club American tie. At least TFC and MLS are getting closer. Maybe convince Garber to loosen the DP slots and raise the salary cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why start Mavinga if he can only go 45 mins, Morrow was not ready he did nothing but give the ball away 3 times, Aketxe likewise. Absolute mess of a game. Vanney got it all wrong Mariner could have done better by just punting up to Altidore with Weidman playing off the shoulder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, that fuck on the stretcher wasted an obscene amount of time and then he's up and about celebrating the win. Fuck you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor had way too much of the ball, he was atrocious at making passes out of the back.
    Jozy was off all night, and Auro was the worst of the night....man the amount of times he gave away the ball.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concacaf officials are the worst in the world. Wanted aketxe on a lot earlier.

Delgado and Jozy played poorly today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wasted 2 of the 4 min of extra time. The ref blew the wistle at 94. I'm going to be honest. Unless refs actually have a fear that they will get beaten to near death we will continue to be Concacafed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono giveth Bono taketh away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, in the continuum of concacaf time wasting this was in the low end. Ref was fine.

We didn’t play well really, no way around that. Few guys are still walking wounded and we generally seemed disjointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so whats jozy's issue this year? Not the first time, i've seen him throwing up on the field. its been several times now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first goal we were just asleep. Way too casual; watch the play back, Osorio is marking no one on the throw and so no one tracks the run to the byline, Mavinga staring, Morgan if he was alert and active could have stepped to his left and blocked the cross, and Auro applying no pressure on his man. Just not alert that early in the game.

Second goal was a needless foul by Moor, and a misplay by Bono. And bad luck, he obviously had no intention of going for goal on that.

Then we just didn't finish. Most chances had pressure on the shooter so a lot of credit to Chivas. But Delgado & Altidore twice could've scored, and it should've been a penalty on Giovinco near the end.

Previous games we played well and got some luck, today we played poorly and got none. Funny how those seem tied together...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% deserved result by Chivas.
    They had a superb team effort, and also seems that Wanney was outcoached.

The result can not be more logical than what it is.
    TFC played by far the worst game at home compared to those with the other 2 Mexican teams.
    Chivas played by far the best game at BMO compared to the other 2 Mexican teams.

Congrats TFC, it was a very nice and deep CONCACAF Champs League run!

Now lets concentrate on our home competition.
    Until the end of the regular MLS season we'll have a "not that easy" task to accomplish: to finish no worst than place 4 in the East.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 04-17-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit the negativity makes me want to puke more than the loss. Up until the deflating second goal, that was 72 minutes of some of the best football I've ever seen played at BMO. We didn't get the result, but this Chivas team isn't as killer as Tigres or CA. We can win down there. If we don't have a chance of getting a result in Mexico with backs against the wall, then we never should have put any resources into this tournament. We'll regroup and have a monster game next week with a one week healthier squad and more clinical finishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many Chivas supporters in the stadium tonight... how did they get here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Holy shit the negativity makes me want to puke more than the loss. Up until the deflating second goal, that was 72 minutes of some of the best football I've ever seen played at BMO. We didn't get the result, but this Chivas team isn't as killer as Tigres or CA. We can win down there. If we don't have a chance of getting a result in Mexico with backs against the wall, then we never should have put any resources into this tournament. We'll regroup and have a monster game next week with a one week healthier squad and more clinical finishing.

Yeah.... we were shit tonight, but I don't get all this defeatism. I still think we're the better team and we're one down with a game to go. So it's in Mexico, who gives a fuck. If we play most of the game the way we did the middle section tonight, we'll win.

There were some things off tonight, though. That's the second time Auro Jr. has given away a goal for us by not being tight in the box, and Jozy's ongoing vomiting issues/fatigue/whatever the fuck's wrong with him is worrisome.

But we can still definitely win this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    How was that 72 mins of the best football played at BMO? The first 15 we're shambles, then Osorio scored making the first half meh. The 2nd half was mostly uneventful until Chivas scored again, then TFC responded with nothing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun game to watch for a neutral. Our passing was off and they out hustled us all over the place. Still, we had our chances and should have come out with a win.

Oh, welcome back to the people I havn't seen in here since our early form last season. Hope you all come in here for a win someday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was at game . Too cute their goalie made some saves but tfc tried to be too cute. Supporters were very quiet. Can anyone confirm the non penalty on Seba ? Was far opposite side was it a good no call ? We need to intimidate the refs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah.... we were shit tonight, but I don't get all this defeatism. I still think we're the better team and we're one down with a game to go. So it's in Mexico, who gives a fuck. If we play most of the game the way we did the middle section tonight, we'll win.

There were some things off tonight, though. That's the second time Auro Jr. has given away a goal for us by not being tight in the box, and Jozy's ongoing vomiting issues/fatigue/whatever the fuck's wrong with him is worrisome.

But we can still definitely win this.
    We are better and we can win, but it is advantage Chivas now, especially considering defending in a block is what they're good at and that's all they have to do now.

I guess the main positive is we can allow a goal there and it doesn't change the situation much.

Just hurts because our best today would've seen us heading there with probably a two goal cushion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, not a good game by the boys. Too many missed chances, passing was off today, and Chivas were first to almost every ball. I think having 4-5 guys a yellow away from missing the game next week weighed heavy so I expect an all out aggressive attack next week. Even with that, this wasn't good or what we've come to expect from our team.

Dom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to win when the whole team mostly sucked, at the worst time.

Bono 2
    VDV 4
    Moor 2
    Mavinga 3
    Auro Jr 4
    Morgan 3
    Bradley 5
    Delgado 3
    Osorio 5
    Altidore 2
    Giovinco 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone breathe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Osorio though. On track for a Golden Boot! Who would have predicated that a couple years ago when people on here wanted to crucify the lad? Oso has been enormous for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The negativity is annoying. Not a great game but we were still the better team over the 90 minutes and could easily have won. First real glaring mistake Bono has made. It’ll be tough but we can beat them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aketxe is garbage and is going to continue prove to be a stupid signing by summer.

We have a chance, but I’m not sure that’s saying much.

That is all I can muster amongst angst tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobo, he's a great goalie, but he most likely has cost us the concacaf championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the first 10 minutes of the game and the last 10 minutes we were slow - Chivas was fast off the mark and aggressive -

after the first 10 minutes I thought we were in control for the rest of the 1st half and the 2nd until the their 2nd goal

we had the better opportunities over-all just didn't put the ball in the back of the net

we're not done - we can win in Guadalajara and take this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just back from the game. I feel like a saw a different game than most of the postgame commenters

TFC had more chances, were clearly dominant from the 15th to the 60th minute. TFC just couldn’t cash their chances, reminded me of the Columbus opener. Just off the top of my head...

....two point blank Altidore chances late in the first half, the Gio knuckling free kick in the first half, the Delgado miss high early in the second half (oh god how did he miss that), both Osorio and Moor with half chances deep in the box where they couldn’t quite get set, the Gio near PK, Moor at the back post late....

Chivas will be comfortable in the return leg, and may as a result even run out a lot of core players Friday against Atlas. Let's hope so. I think if we have to chase the game, I'm glad it's on a good surface in Guadalajara, the divots really messed up a number of our possessions, just bad luck. I'm hoping for good weather in Mexico. We can break them down, we did it repeatedly .

Don't forget. Nobody is missing the second leg. No yellow cards.

The only thing that is really worrying is Altidore's ankle. Anybody at the game saw that he has a serious injury that he is playing through. That and the fact that Chivas are good, technical clock killers.

But we have a chance. We are 100% in this thing. That is all we can ask for.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-17-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no idea how they didnt call a penalty against Giovinco other than it being concacaf and of course since it was garbage they didn't show the replay at the stadium. The only reason not top have VAR is for match fixing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The negativity is annoying. Not a great game but we were still the better team over the 90 minutes and could easily have won. First real glaring mistake Bono has made. It’ll be tough but we can beat them.
    Chivas played harder and smarter. Squandering chances does not mean you are playing better imo.