Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game should be a sellout, TFC a team that won everything there was to win in 2017 and just beat two very good Mexican teams to get to the CCL Final with a chance to go to the World Club Cup a sellout in a 28000 seat stadium should not even be a discussion. Montreal got over 61000 to their Champions league final in 2015. Montreal in 2009 before they were even in the MLS playing in North America's second tier got over 55000 for a I believe a semifinal Champions League game versus Santos Laguna. So anything but a sellout would be very disappointing for TFC considering its the Champions League final and it's TFC a team that has been on an incredible run since last season, no excuses especially when seeing the kind of attendances that the Impact got in their Champions League runs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets have been SOLD!

Thank you!

Just posted a pair in the ticket trader section if interested!

Cheers!
    Jen
    Last edited by Red18andRed23; 04-13-2018 at 09:51 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    This game should be a sellout, TFC a team that won everything there was to win in 2017 and just beat two very good Mexican teams to get to the CCL Final with a chance to go to the World Club Cup a sellout in a 28000 seat stadium should not even be a discussion. Montreal got over 61000 to their Champions league final in 2015. Montreal in 2009 before they were even in the MLS playing in North America's second tier got over 55000 for a I believe a semifinal Champions League game versus Santos Laguna. So anything but a sellout would be very disappointing for TFC considering its the Champions League final and it's TFC a team that has been on an incredible run since last season, no excuses especially when seeing the kind of attendances that the Impact got in their Champions League runs.
    With standing room and the new big suite in the southend 30K would be great to see. At least what they got for the MLS Cup.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night Chivas sat absolutely everybody who is playing Tuesday, ex the keeper (the guy needs the work, it's his seventh game in three years), and by doing so gave up whatever hope they had for making the Liguilla. They lost 3-0.

https://mexico.as.com/resultados/fut...r_a_15_232859/

They have actually been staying in San Diego, they went straight there from NY. Turns out they have had the pleasure of training on astroturf.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...414-story.html

I'm guessing they fly today, and are looking to get a serious day of training in tomorrow. I hope they enjoy the ice storm.
    https://www.google.org/publicalerts/...ource=wweather
    Last edited by ensco; 04-14-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been following the news, the past little while. Any word if VV will be back for the final?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BMO pitch is going to be something else Tuesday given the ice, sleet, snow, and rain we are going to get today and tomorrow. The BMO pitch team have a job on their hands!

The forecast at kick off looks to be 3 degrees (feels like -2) with 10% of light rain.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the game will be starting after 8:30 pm on Tuesday as TSN been showing today.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because in the Colorado game none of the long time missing Vazquez, Mavinga or Morrow had been given minutes, I have the bad feeling that none of them would play in the first leg more than 25-30 minutes at best.

I'm afraid that sooner or later the accumulation of injuries will catch us in this final.
    I mean how long we can play in the tourney without 3 of the best players, to be not bitten in the ass by this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worried for Van der Wiel and Jozy. We are in big trouble without them. VdW had an achilles issue didn't he? Any word on either of them.

Morrow has been out too long to walk back in - same as Victor. They are scratches for me onTuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Worried for Van der Wiel and Jozy. We are in big trouble without them. VdW had an achilles issue didn't he? Any word on either of them.

Morrow has been out too long to walk back in - same as Victor. They are scratches for me onTuesday.
    Vanney said Jozy will play on tuesday. Haven't seen anything about anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of these guys aren't hurt as seriously as they're letting on. This could be just mind games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that most of these guys aren't hurt as seriously as they're letting on. This could be just mind games.
    While I'd be inclined to agree, I don't believe they'd risk keeping them out of the Club America game and being eliminated to play mind games against Chivas. You play for the game at hand not the one thats not guaranteed. They didn't play then, even on the bench, definitely serious enough

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Because in the Colorado game none of the long time missing Vazquez, Mavinga or Morrow had been given minutes, I have the bad feeling that none of them would play in the first leg more than 25-30 minutes at best.

I'm afraid that sooner or later the accumulation of injuries will catch us in this final.
    I mean how long we can play in the tourney without 3 of the best players, to be not bitten in the ass by this?
    TFC...clap, clap, clap... TFC...clap, clap, clap... TFC...clap, clap, clap...
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    While I'd be inclined to agree, I don't believe they'd risk keeping them out of the Club America game and being eliminated to play mind games against Chivas. You play for the game at hand not the one thats not guaranteed. They didn't play then, even on the bench, definitely serious enough
    Unless they were supremely confident the 2 goal advantage from the first leg was enough.

But I guess it would be slightly too risky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    The BMO pitch is going to be something else Tuesday given the ice, sleet, snow, and rain we are going to get today and tomorrow. The BMO pitch team have a job on their hands!

The forecast at kick off looks to be 3 degrees (feels like -2) with 10% of light rain.

They tarp the turf, but seeing the use and beating it has gotten lately it probably will be the same as previous games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    I haven't been following the news, the past little while. Any word if VV will be back for the final?
    Sounds like maybe ... yes?!

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...s-league-final
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Greatest sentence in that article
    Meanwhile, in Tijuana Friday night, Chivas plotted a lineup that included four prospects whose roster numbers on their backs were 302, 208, 287 and 296.

Video proof
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TT6Ebp3nTs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whositwhatnow View Post
    They tarp the turf, but seeing the use and beating it has gotten lately it probably will be the same as previous games.
    Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look out the window, and I picture these Chivas guys looking out the window, and what the look on their faces must be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bookies have us as the favs at home at even money...TBH we need a win to take down to Mexico. I think Chivas will try to park the bus on Tuesday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I look out the window, and I picture these Chivas guys looking out the window, and what the look on their faces must be...

Welcome to the Toronto, check out the video one of the Chivas players posted on twitter when landing last night, have to think it was quite the shock to the system.
    https://twitter.com/carlossalcido7
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 04-15-2018 at 12:02 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He said it reminded him of Holland. They are not going to like it and our guys should be more used to this but some of these guys have played outside of Mexico.

The field is going to be bumpy crud which will help with their game plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah welcome to the winter wonderland. Remember to drink and stay warm game day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking with a keen eye to how the pitch is when Chivas trains on it tomorrow. I assume the cover is on it here with all the snow over it taken earlier today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you follow the responses to the tweet that comes from, there's a couple of interesting bits

• ground does have in ground heating but it can only do so much
    • grass to be replaced May 26

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh the pitch....what a disaster it will be. This weather we just had and are having plus what is on tap for Monday and Tuesday. No way it makes it through looking anywhere as good as the last game which was terrible. Man oh man. Guess my son’s soccer team has no practice this week either.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+13 in Guadalajara today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    +13 in Guadalajara today.
    +13 at sunrise. Its going to be a high of 32 today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the Toronto Island Forecast

Rain today
    Snow tomorrow morning
    Rain tomorrow afternoon

3 degrees most of tomorrow feeling like -3

Yuck....