Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My lineup prediction based on the injury report:

or

Bench:
    Akinola, Patterson-Sewell, Fraser, Spencer, Dunn/Bjornethun, Telfer, Uccello
    Last edited by Shway; 04-12-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I think we can still win with that team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    I have never cared less about a league game since since 2012
    Then why are you here, just asking the obvious question?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I agree, I have supported and loved this team from day one, regardless of who took the pitch. Looking forward to Saturday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? A guy saying he doesn’t “care” about Saturday needs to be discussed as some litmus test of fandom?

I am with him - I don’t care either. I hope we win, but I expect every decision made to be in the interest of the CL Final, and you won’t hear a peep from me if we lose all three of our next league games.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-13-2018 at 06:54 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously there'll be a lot of changes for this game. I'd like to see Jeremy Brockie get a start up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post

The more important game is Tuesday and then the following Wednesday... Any MLS match between when we knocked out America till the end of CL is irrelevant. Bring up all of TFC II, call whoever. This season is 6 plus months long, we don't need to win the SS again we will make the playoffs and then lay everyone a beating...

All the motivation/energy and focus is on CL, TFC will cement their status as greatest team ever with the CL trophy period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I feel the SS is the most important trophy aside from fhe ConCACAF CL...it would be nice to play the MLS Cup final somewhere warm in December.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Really? A guy saying he doesn’t “care” about Saturday needs to be discussed as some litmus test of fandom?

I am with him - I don’t care either. I hope we win, but I expect every decision made to be in the interest of the CL Final, and you won’t hear a peep from me if we lose all three of our next league games.
    It's not about caring more than I like to see our young players here and there when the opportunity arises which it has with the next two Saturdays , that's all.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually even more excited about these two next league games as it really forces us to change our lineup. Can't wait to see some of the bench guys get game time. Hoping to see Akinola get playing time too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    TBH I'd hope all starters are in Colorado. The longer they're at elevation the better for game 2 of the CCL Final.

Not playing the game, but resting / recovering / training.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    My lineup prediction based on the injury report:

or

Bench:
    Akinola, Patterson-Sewell, Fraser, Spencer, Dunn/Bjornethun, Telfer, Uccello
    I don't think Moor will be playing due to age and need for recovery. Pretty sure I read somewhere he was on the list of guys that TFC said were pretty burnt out after Azteca. Hernandez and Zavaleta in the middle in a 4-4-2 I think. I don't think they will go with 3 CB's unless Mavinga is feeling better and needs some game time ahead of Tuesday. Same with Morrow, if he is ok and needs some game time he could also play CB if needed and they could switch to 3 CB's at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't play Moor or likely Zavaletta they need to fully rested for Tuesday.

For the players that are possibly coming back from injury but now have missed a few games...they are going to need to prove fitness. If Morrow and Mavinga are in contention for Tuesday. I'd have them on the bench on Saturday and bring them on for 30 minutes regardless of the score.

I'd likely do the same for Jozy. Little has been said about his injury and sub against CA. He was injured in in the warm-ups but started anyway. That was wreck-less and could have cost us. To be forced into a sub in the first 5 minutes and to lose the extra legs late in the game...or an injury time wasting sub that would have avoided the penalty wasn't good. He needs to really prove fitness if he is in contention for Tuesday. Again bench & maybe a run-out in the last 20 minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I wouldn't play Moor or likely Zavaletta they need to fully rested for Tuesday.

For the players that are possibly coming back from injury but now have missed a few games...they are going to need to prove fitness. If Morrow and Mavinga are in contention for Tuesday. I'd have them on the bench on Saturday and bring them on for 30 minutes regardless of the score.

I'd likely do the same for Jozy. Little has been said about his injury and sub against CA. He was injured in in the warm-ups but started anyway. That was wreck-less and could have cost us. To be forced into a sub in the first 5 minutes and to lose the extra legs late in the game...or an injury time wasting sub that would have avoided the penalty wasn't good. He needs to really prove fitness if he is in contention for Tuesday. Again bench & maybe a run-out in the last 20 minutes.
    Jozy is in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Derko Then why are you here, just asking the obvious question?

Hmmm.... Let me think about an obvious answer to your "obvious question"........hmmmm..

Oh yeah!!! Holy crap I almost forgot!!
    We are playing in arguably the biggest game in club history on Tuesday night, and unarguably a top 3 game in Club history, so my mojo ain't cranking for Saturday's league match the way it normally does seeing the magnitude of the game 72 hours later, and I am left feeling as disinterested about Saturday's league game as I was since 2012..
    ie. win=that's nice, tie=meh, loss = who really cares.

Why am I on this board? Because I have been for almost 10 years.

Why am I on this specific thread? General boredom at home or work, mild curiosity.

Is watching bench players going to be interesting...sure
    Watching young guys start going to be intriguing...perhaps
    But in the overall scheme of things win, lose or draw, it makes no difference.

I hope I provided a satisfactory answer somewhere in this post.

warmest regards,
    Last edited by InDa_110; 04-13-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't think Moor will be playing due to age and need for recovery. Pretty sure I read somewhere he was on the list of guys that TFC said were pretty burnt out after Azteca. Hernandez and Zavaleta in the middle in a 4-4-2 I think. I don't think they will go with 3 CB's unless Mavinga is feeling better and needs some game time ahead of Tuesday. Same with Morrow, if he is ok and needs some game time he could also play CB if needed and they could switch to 3 CB's at the back.
    (P. S. I didn't want to go full waking the red with my lineup.)

It was the Sun article, but I didn't see Moor mentioned.

My only thing is that if Morrow and Mavinga are questionable, I don't think Vanney would want to risk them, especially with GvW, Morgan, Auro all recovering from something.

Really I'm waiting to see who gets called up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The circumstances around this game (CCL and injuries) are dictating what happens, no point in anybody getting bent out of shape. In fact it will be good for the young or marginal players to get some minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    His drive to compete and succeed is unmatched and worthy of respect... but for fuck's sake please sit this one out
    he might want the run out

but a light job on the treadmill would be the safer option.

scratch that, he should be on the bike. low impact please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im actually probably more interested now that we will see the youngsters have a run out

I dont expect any points, but it would be nice to see them compete and hold their own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is cheyrou allowed to play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny that everyone is saying play the scrubs, and we have a guy like Aketxe in everyone's scrub line-up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Funny that everyone is saying play the scrubs, and we have a guy like Aketxe in everyone's scrub line-up!
    and our scrub keeper

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    is cheyrou allowed to play?
    Do one of those one game contracts? Rick Titus I think was the guy's name last time right? Haha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I care but if we lose the next two games away to Western opponents, I'm not going to freak out.

Lose at home to Chicago after the CCL? Not happy. Fire at home is 3 points other teams are going to take.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I care but if we lose the next two games away to Western opponents, I'm not going to freak out.

Lose at home to Chicago after the CCL? Not happy. Fire at home is 3 points other teams are going to take.
    We will have played the second leg of the most massive championship in world history late on the Wednesday night in a place that is a 6 hour flight from here.

How do you think we are going to look 60 hours later, on Saturday afternoon?

(It would be nice if Chicago would let us play that game on Sunday.)
    Last edited by ensco; 04-13-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC announced Friday that the club has signed midfielder Aidan Daniels, defender Julian Dunn and midfielder/forward Ryan Telfer. Daniels and Dunn become the 17th and 18th Homegrown players to sign first team deals from the Academy. In addition, they become the fifth and sixth players to complete the full player pathway designed at Toronto FC.
    Telfer played some wingback for TFC II, yea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna get wacky with this...

4-2-3-1

Irwin
    Kubel (TFC2) - Hernandez - Zavaleta - Bjornethun (TFC2)
    Bradley - Fraser
    Hasler - Aketxe - Chapman
    Hamilton

Bench:

Mavinga, Vazquez, Morrow (if healthy to give them a run out) Ricketts, Patterson-Sewell, Akinola

This is 100% not likely though lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look guys. I found the subs for Saturdays game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    Gonna get wacky with this...

4-2-3-1

Irwin
    Kubel (TFC2) - Hernandez - Zavaleta - Bjornethun (TFC2)
    Bradley - Fraser
    Hasler - Aketxe - Chapman
    Hamilton

Bench:

Mavinga, Vazquez, Morrow (if healthy to give them a run out) Ricketts, Patterson-Sewell, Akinola

This is 100% not likely though lol

NO Bradley, no Zavaleta please for tomorrow.
    [Edit] Ricketts YES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Telfer played some wingback for TFC II, yea?
    Yup.