Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This makeshift squad probably could have done much better if they had trained together. It's probably too much of an ask to have Vanney manage a second squad just for a couple of matches results, though. Good as he is, he's a human being and can't work 25 hours a day.

Maybe they can learn from this, as they've learned from everything else and have someone else manage a B squad for occasions like this. It's going to come up every year if TFC keeps winning.
    It will be interesting to see if Greg goes to Houston next Saturday or as suggested one of the assistant coaches overseas the match. From what I gather TFC will leave for either Denver or Mexico Wednesday for training in altitude before the lineup taking on the Dynamo head to Houston. The Reds will face this on a lesser level later this year with their Cup semi-final first leg leg most likely at Ottawa, where it will be the middle game of three road games in a week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Chapman and Hamilton were solid if unspectacular I thought. You also have to figure in that each of the guys on the field will look better with the starting lineup. Good for all of them to get minutes regardless.

Akexte is the Basque John Bostock.
    This is my take on it too. Although the team looked like a TFC2 team on a bad day, some of the individual players may look better surrounded by quality players.

Take Hamilton for instance. Bloody awe full today, but the 10 mins he came on in Concaf he set up a sitter within minutes of coming on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    This is my take on it too. Although the team looked like a TFC2 team on a bad day, some of the individual players may look better surrounded by quality players.

Take Hamilton for instance. Bloody awe full today, but the 10 mins he came on in Concaf he set up a sitter within minutes of coming on.
    I think in games like this some players can give you a glimpse of what they can be, but with some a miss mash of a roster its tough to really get a feel for them. JHams for instances with the full service of our first choice midfield likely could shine, at least I would hope so.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we'd win the Supporters Shield because I thought we'd lose to Tigres. I still cannot believe we did that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I thought we'd win the Supporters Shield because I thought we'd lose to Tigres. I still cannot believe we did that.
    You were not the only one, I had doubts about the Reds knocking off Tigres, 50/50 at best. This in my eyes had turned into what the MLS Cup final was last year. Pinch me now, think I am dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Scheduled loss, so the result is what it is.

Fraser was great on the ball, had a bit of trouble in the tackle. He's a good player though.

Aketxe will come good eventually. He's talented and I'll always bet on talent.

Best thing about this game is Bradley coming away with 0 minutes played. On to Chivas.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts should've done better. What a chance for redemption.

Not a surprise that ex Colorado staples Irwin and Moor got the most touches on the day.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, no surprise or worry about the result. I'm still hoping for more from Aketxe. Learning to play in a new midfield setup is probably the most difficult, so we need to give him more time.

The only thing that worried me a bit: there were times where many of the young guys / callups / regular bench players seemed to not be trying very hard. Just in that way, it reminded me a bit of that game vs. Ottawa Fury. I would think they would be giving 120% in hopes of earning a future spot. Not sure what's up with that. Are some of these guys used to being medium-sized fish in the tiny pond of Canadian soccer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    The only thing that worried me a bit: there were times where many of the young guys / callups / regular bench players seemed to not be trying very hard. Just in that way, it reminded me a bit of that game vs. Ottawa Fury. I would think they would be giving 120% in hopes of earning a future spot. Not sure what's up with that. Are some of these guys used to being medium-sized fish in the tiny pond of Canadian soccer?
    I think altitude had an effect.