Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It just says it's a flight, was it to Toronto or Denver ?
    AC only flies to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver from Mexico City

There is no nonstop weekday flight between Mexico City and Denver, btw. This has been a very rough stretch. It is theoretically possible that some guys are coming back to Toronto on that flight, and going back to Denver tomorrow. It's not like anyone is seriously practicing today or tomorrow, and while it's three hours extra flying, vs changing in Dallas or something, you get to sleep in your own bed for a night.

I know lots of people that might do that in the middle of a gruelling 10 day business trip.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-11-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    AC only flies to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver from Mexico City

There is no nonstop weekday flight between Mexico City and Denver, btw
    Overlooked the AC part, makes sense now. Air Canada would not even be allowed to do a Mexico City Denver flight.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I don't see TFC calling up anyone and flying them to Colorado, even if the league allowed it. I fully expect them to play the scrubs, except that Bradley will probably play.

If I was Colorado, I'd be super happy to be playing TFC st their most beatable. However they should not underestimate the depth of this team. They've pulled out results with a B squad before.
    As per Kurt’s article expect to see a few TFCII signings , which makes sense.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per Kurt’s article expect to see a few TFCII signings , which makes sense.
    When will Vanney provide injury status updates? That, in my opinion, will determine everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    When will Vanney provide injury status updates? That, in my opinion, will determine everything
    This is in Larson's article (in addition to some comments on the severity of some injuries):

"Jozy Altidore (foot), Victor Vazquez (back), Chris Mavinga (lower body), Gregory van der Wiel (Achilles), Justin Morrow (calf), Jonathan Osorio (fatigue), Auro (fatigue), Sebastian Giovinco (fatigue), Alex Bono (fatigue) and Marky Delgado (fatigue) all could miss this weekend’s Mile High fixture, leaving general manager Tim Bezbatchenko no choice but to add players."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    This is in Larson's article (in addition to some comments on the severity of some injuries):

"Jozy Altidore (foot), Victor Vazquez (back), Chris Mavinga (lower body), Gregory van der Wiel (Achilles), Justin Morrow (calf), Jonathan Osorio (fatigue), Auro (fatigue), Sebastian Giovinco (fatigue), Alex Bono (fatigue) and Marky Delgado (fatigue) all could miss this weekend’s Mile High fixture, leaving general manager Tim Bezbatchenko no choice but to add players."
    I am not expecting anyone who started at CA to play this weekend. It simply makes no sense with a huge game just three days later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post

MB would never allow a statement like fatigued

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, they're not flying charter? Aren't CCL matches exempt from that silly charter rule? I'm hoping only some of the team members are on that flight and the majority flew directly to Denver via charter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCL > MLS for the next couple of weeks. When the CCL is over and done with we can focus on the MLS again. I'm fine with fielding a B side on Saturday for that reason.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    4-3-3

Irwin
    Hasler - Hernandez* - Dunn (TFC2) - Kubel (TFC2)
    Ager - Fraser - Chapman (Ager and Chappy more foward)
    Akinola - Tosaint - Hamilton

* if signing isn't done would love to see Lars Eckenrode or Aikim Andrews up instead.
    Patterson-Sewell, Spencer, Hundaal (TFC2), Bradley, Seba, Oso, Delgado (could also have Auro on bench)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    4-3-3

Irwin
    Hasler - Hernandez* - Dunn (TFC2) - Kubel (TFC2)
    Ager - Fraser - Chapman (Ager and Chappy more foward)
    Akinola - Tosaint - Hamilton

* if signing isn't done would love to see Lars Eckenrode or Aikim Andrews up instead.
    Patterson-Sewell, Spencer, Hundaal (TFC2), Bradley, Seba, Oso, Delgado (could also have Auro on bench)
    whipping boy is back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Wait, they're not flying charter? Aren't CCL matches exempt from that silly charter rule? I'm hoping only some of the team members are on that flight and the majority flew directly to Denver via charter...
    I would think it would be the other way around. You probably aren't allowed to fly via charter to Colorado since its a MLS game, but can fly charter to anywhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd really like to see Akinola. Haven't seen him play yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'd really like to see Akinola. Haven't seen him play yet.
    hoping to see chapman and hamilton link up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really, really want Vanney or whoever ends up coaching us on Saturday to say we are playing the kids because this is like a pre-season game to us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note on the "playing the kids" thing.

TFC has asked for the game off that is between the CCL matches. The team wants to fly down to Mexico early again, like it did for the other matches.

The Houston game is on the Saturday afternoon - in Houston - and we would be playing in one off Earth Day jerseys that happen to be all black.

Houston & MLS may not agree to this. TFC has indicated that if that game in Houston goes ahead, the USL team would get a mass call up & TFC would send an assistant coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

TFC has asked for the game off that is between the CCL matches. The team wants to fly down to Mexico early again, like it did for the other matches.

The Houston game is on the Saturday afternoon - in Houston - and we would be playing in one off Earth Day jerseys that happen to be all black.

Houston & MLS may not agree to this. TFC has indicated that if that game in Houston goes ahead, the USL team would get a mass call up & TFC would send an assistant coach.
    Chivas are scheduled to play in El Clásico Tapatío between CCL Games. Any word if they will move that one?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Would the league not have to approve a mass call up of players from TFCII along the lines of the CSA approval they got in 2010 with the academy players vs Vancouver?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would the league not have to approve a mass call up of players from TFCII along the lines of the CSA approval they got in 2010 with the academy players vs Vancouver?
    Yes, but if they've turned down moving the game they will approve a call up. They want TFC to win the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we can send an all-star team of TFC players from the years 2007-2014?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Maybe we can send an all-star team of TFC players from the years 2007-2014?
    Dig into the media, and former media as well?

Craig Forrest in goal (Greg Sutton back-up)
    Adrian Cann, Jim Brennan, Jason Devos in the back 3
    Terry Dunfield, Benoit Cheyrou in Midfield
    De Rosario, Dichio up top

Pretty good start.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Yes, but if they've turned down moving the game they will approve a call up. They want TFC to win the CCL.
    But that has to be clear cut from the league , don't need any bs. But at the end of the day this in Houston's hands and based on Vanney's comments why would they agree to a move when they know they will get a much easier match if they don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our DCU game move was done with 16 days notice. The ticket fallout/situation (there will always be hundreds of people inconvenienced by moves like this) was ours to manage, and our fans were inclined to be sympathetic.

But this Houston game is a road game, and it's only 9 days away. Plus Houston has already done its bit - their NYRB game last Saturday was moved to August.

In my opinion it's really unfair to Houston and their fans, if the league were to allow us to move the April 21 game. I wouldn't support that, as a neutral.

Just get the league to let TFC play the kids, and drive on.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-12-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Our DCU game move was done with 16 days notice. The ticket fallout/situation (there will always be hundreds of people inconvenienced by moves like this) was ours to manage, and our fans were inclined to be sympathetic.

But this Houston game is a road game, and it's only 9 days away. Plus Houston has already done its bit - their NYRB game last Saturday was moved to August.

In my opinion it's really unfair to Houston and their fans, if the league were to allow us to move the April 21 game. I wouldn't support that, as a neutral.

Just get the league to let TFC play the kids, and drive on.
    not sure houston fans care to watch USL players in TFCs place either

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    not sure houston fans care to watch USL players in TFCs place either
    They'd probably prefer that. They'll figure they can win.

Let me slightly restate. What I am saying is that it should be their 100% call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    His drive to compete and succeed is unmatched and worthy of respect... but for fuck's sake please sit this one out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never cared less about a league game since since 2012

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    His drive to compete and succeed is unmatched and worthy of respect... but for fuck's sake please sit this one out
    He is the captain and is non-stop. They would have to tie him up, knock him out to keep him off the pitch. It's just his makeup.