Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Do you see us splurging on a mid-summer international? we're miles ahead of pretty much everyone else in the league.I can't see us needing it.

Not letting Endoh play these games but keeping him on trial is just cruel. He deserves better.
    A lot can happen between now and the end of the summer. For example if we lost Altidore to injuries we would definitely have to sign a replacement striker. The feelings of a marginal player don't concern me as much as being in the best position possible to be the best team possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Spencer is an absolute disgrace on the field, I think he is the worst TFC player ever, worse than Andy Iro! The fact that it's happening in 2017-18 is dumbfounding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Aketxe starting to show his quality but man Ricketts has got to wake up and get more involved.
    We could have had a couple of goals if Aketexe and Hmailton had been sharper. I'm worried for Ricketts - he seems off form in a bad way this season and today even more so. He needs to get his spark back or he will be moved on to one of the Junior teams (Montreal and Vancouver).

Overall pretty good half. We could get a result here if we keep at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    A lot can happen between now and the end of the summer. For example if we lost Altidore to injuries we would definitely have to sign a replacement striker. The feelings of a marginal player don't concern me as much as being in the best position possible to be the best team possible.
    But that's the thing. If we lose Altidore (or any of the other DP's for that matter) to injury there is no like for like replacement we could sign with our cap-space that would make us competitive enough to win the cup. We'd just be doing another mildly expensive mercenary panic buy that doesn't do anything but take away minutes from guys who would be better served getting them in the long run, like Hamilton for instance.

I don't see the logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aketxe grew into the half.

Think going the full 90 would do him a lot of good.

In a team full of subs and reserves, Spencer still stands out as not being up to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok interesting game, overall I would say they played pretty well.

Good
    Chapman
    Hamilton
    Moor
    Irwin

Bad
    Spencer: Just not good enough
    Hernandez: Too old
    Aketxe: Beginning to feel this was a mistake signing. He is too slow for this league and no hustle on the defensive side

The other off season signings were great. 2/3 is not bad.

People talk about our depth, and we do have it some positions but not at striker. If you take away Altidore and Giovinco we have nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Nick Garcia is playing again?
    LOL
    Possibly, as a sack of potato's wasn't available due to being on such short notice...

What a start... Ouch...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Ok interesting game, overall I would say they played pretty well.

Good
    Chapman
    Hamilton
    Moor
    Irwin

Bad
    Spencer: Just not good enough
    Hernandez: Too old
    Aketxe: Beginning to feel this was a mistake signing. He is too slow for this league and no hustle on the defensive.

The off season signings were great. 2/3 is not bad.

People talk about our depth, and we do have it some positions but not at striker. If you take away Altidore and Giovinco we have nothing!
    Reports are suggesting Aketxe is looking good. Take another look, has looked fine to me.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we do have Hamilton. Why he never gets a solid run off games at his actual position is a mystery, but he'd be a starting striker for a fair number of teams in the league.

Ricketts has also had one of the highest goals per minute ratio in the league the last two years, for what it's worth. Though my opinion is that the time may be coming where we should move on from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aketxe: Beginning to feel this was a mistake signing. He is too slow for this league and no hustle on the defensive side
    LOL.

leads both teams with shots and chances created, as well as 95.7% pass accuracy and he’s bad?

Ill never understand you guys...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs coming in for Hernandez.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must not be fit enough for a full 90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we've switched to a 3-5-2 at first glance here. Fraser playing CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m nervous that Moor and Zavalet are on the field considering Hagglund and Mavinga are injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that's the thing. If we lose Altidore (or any of the other DP's for that matter) to injury there is no like for like replacement we could sign with our cap-space that would make us competitive enough to win the cup. We'd just be doing another mildly expensive mercenary panic buy that doesn't do anything but take away minutes from guys who would be better served getting them in the long run, like Hamilton for instance.

I don't see the logic.
    I'm quite sure that we have a bit more cap space than Bez lets on. Plus probably of a million in TAM. Sure we won't get anyone approaching the quality of our current DPs if one of them goes down, but you can at least sign someone of significant quality that would keep us in the cup hunt if needed. Right now we're watching all three backups to altidore and it's highly underwhelming. Hamilton is the only one that looks the part. Ricketts is great coming in the 75th minute or later but crap as a starter. Ben Spenser should be playing in the CPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quite sure that we have a bit more cap space than Bez lets on. Plus probably of a million in TAM. Sure we won't get anyone approaching the quality of our current DPs if one of them goes down, but you can at least sign someone of significant quality that would keep us in the cup hunt if needed. Right now we're watching all three backups to altidore and it's highly underwhelming. Hamilton is the only one that looks the part. Ricketts is great coming in the 75th minute or later but crap as a starter. Ben Spenser should be playing in the CPL
    could be. I just don't see the point of having Hamilton on the team if you don't think he can at least be the 3rd striker on this team for the foreseeable future. Signing another forward means your killing his career here, basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE should buy a European team. Altidore gets season ending injury, Send him on loan to Europe lol. Free cap space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Reports are suggesting Aketxe is looking good. Take another look, has looked fine to me.
    2nd game he's started in MLS and easily the most dangerous player. But I guess anything less than flawless is terrible to some people

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greg has a soft spot for Ben, that's pretty clear. At the end of the day it's his choice who he goes with and does not. I am not really worried about it since it would take a real disaster for him to get any real minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to Aketxe get a free kick opportunity. Saw his highlights, but Gio will always get priority. This is his chance

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would we like to see get a run out next, Daniels or Dunn?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan coming on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could be. I just don't see the point of having Hamilton on the team if you don't think he can at least be the 3rd striker on this team for the foreseeable future. Signing another forward means your killing his career here, basically.
    Eh, Hamilton is 3rd striker. It goes Altidore -> Ricketts -> Hamilton. If Altidore were to go down, you would need a new number one. Point of having Hamilton is that you need a 3rd striker. Sucks for Hamilton that he isn't handed the starting spot, but the job of Bez and Vanney is to win games/trophies

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben is out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never on the Spencer hate train but man was he bad today. Just does not belong anywhere near MLS. He was painful to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Akinola on the full season loan to TFC 2? Since he wasn't in the 18?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Is Akinola on the full season loan to TFC 2? Since he wasn't in the 18?
    He is dealing with an injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boy Akextke is loosing every one on one battle. Too slow and not strong enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Hamilton always shows he belongs in this league and he gets his goals. Ricketts has been fabulous for us but in Mexico and again today looks like there is something wrong with him. I wonder if he is still suffering from the thyroid, he just looks off.

i though Spencer looked better than against NYFC, but still doesn’t look like he belongs. I actually feel bad for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boy Akextke is loosing every one on one battle. Too slow and not strong enough.
    Looks good to me, he was fouled in that play a few minutes ago.