Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 4 - TFC @ Colorado 14 April Saturday 3pm - Rocky Mountain High

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be interesting to see what type of lineup Greg runs on Saturday. Wonder if we may see a TFC2 call up or two on a short term deal.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Will be interesting to see what type of lineup Greg runs on Saturday. Wonder if we may see a TFC2 call up or two on a short term deal.
    Any chance they’d postpone to rest boys for Tuesday?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More likely they postpone the Houston game that falls between. 3pm in Houston on a Saturday afternoon, and having to wear Earth Day black tops? No thanks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Any chance they’d postpone to rest boys for Tuesday?
    Nope they are flying straight there. Even if the squad was completely healthy you have to sit a bunch of guys, especially with only two days between games.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    More likely they postpone the Houston game that falls between. 3pm in Houston on a Saturday afternoon, and having to wear Earth Day black tops? No thanks.
    The Dynamo would have to agree to it, wonder if the league would mysteriously offer up say 50k of GAM to make it an easy choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they put out a youth team lineup. No one who's going to start on Tuesday should start in this game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I hope they put out a youth team lineup. No one who's going to start on Tuesday should start in this game.
    Maybe even sign MF Julian Dunn on a short term deal who made the trip to Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Maybe even sign MF Julian Dunn on a short term deal who made the trip to Mexico.
    Yup. I wanna see Fraser, Akinola, Irwin, Dunn, Chapman, Hamilton. Whoever else that's interesting from TFC 2 should get a look if that's possible too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play scrubs please I beg you Vanney.

Ideal line-up for me: Irwin; Morgan, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Auro; Hasler, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Ricketts, Hamilton

Bench: Patterson-Sewell, Akinola, Spencer and sign some guys from the academy to fill out the bloody bench

Don't even bring Seba, Bradley, VDW, Morrow, Vazquez whomever the fuck is important. Wrap these guys in bubble wrap let them fully recover. The last thing these guys need is another game at altitude. As far as I'm concerned somebody should be tasting their food for them to prevent an upset stomach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Ideal line-up for me: Irwin; Morgan, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Auro; Hasler, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Ricketts, Hamilton

Bench: Patterson-Sewell, Akinola, Spencer and sign some guys from the academy to fill out the bloody bench

Don't even bring Seba, Bradley, VDW, Morrow, Vazquez whomever the fuck is important. Wrap these guys in bubble wrap let them fully recover. The last thing these guys need is another game at altitude. As far as I'm concerned somebody should be tasting their food for them to prevent an upset stomach.
    Unfortunatly we never re-signed Hernandez. No clue why. seems very risky to regularly play 3cb's but only have four total on the roster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunatly we never re-signed Hernandez. No clue why. seems very risky to regularly play 3cb's but only have four total on the roster.
    They did just re-sign Hernandez in the past day. He flew down to Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    They did just re-sign Hernandez in the past day. He flew down to Mexico.
    no way! awesome. Glad he's back.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Houston agrees to the move...and yeah, meanwhile, bring in the Second XI for this game.

WE NEED TO WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DAMNIT
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will probably fly and training. With them to stay at the high altitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney has already said (per Larson) that they are prioritizing the CCL Final over this game, so you (we) will get your wish.

I would say that I would probably consider giving Morrow and Mavinga some sub minutes to test their health, and I think you have to hold Morgan and Auro in reserve for the final, given their form - but otherwise have at it. Not sure who plays for Morgan and Auro though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel as though the Hernandez re-signing will happen before Saturday.

I agree with the line up above, with maybe Morrow and Vazquez getting cameos only to get their legs under them (20-30 minutes max).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Vanney has already said (per Larson) that they are prioritizing the CCL Final over this game, so you (we) will get your wish.

I would say that I would probably consider giving Morrow and Mavinga some sub minutes to test their health, and I think you have to hold Morgan and Auro in reserve for the final, given their form - but otherwise have at it. Not sure who plays for Morgan and Auro though.
    Everyone is already in Denver or on route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they can use the hardship rule if they say Morrow, Mavinga, Vazquez, Jozy, VDW can't play Sat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I wonder if they can use the hardship rule if they say Morrow, Mavinga, Vazquez, Jozy, VDW can't play Sat.
    Plus they do have a few roster spots open if they just wanted to sign a TFC2 player or two to an off budget contract.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone heading to Denver for the game, do we need a pregame meet up spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brainwash Bradley Clockwork Orange style to convince him to sit out. Pretty much no one expected to start on Tuesday should start here.

-------------------------Irwin-----------------------
    -------Zavaleta------Hernandez---------?????----
    Hasler----Chapman---Fraser---Aketxe---Morrow
    --------------Hamilton------Spencer---------------

Best guess. Zavaleta can play if we expect Mavinga and VdW to return, Morrow in if we give Morgan the start on Tuesday also. 100% start Fraser and Aketxe. I'd rather just start Akinola over Spencer but I know that's probably not gonna happen. Ricketts can come off the bench, we should keep him pretty fresh in case he's needed Tuesday.

Don't think I've ever cared less about an MLS game.

On calling up USL guys, Short Term Agreements are supposed to only be allowed for league games when we have less than 14 available outfield players. I count 16. We'd need to have the league show some leniency.
    Last edited by notthesun; 04-11-2018 at 09:24 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see TFC calling up anyone and flying them to Colorado, even if the league allowed it. I fully expect them to play the scrubs, except that Bradley will probably play.

If I was Colorado, I'd be super happy to be playing TFC st their most beatable. However they should not underestimate the depth of this team. They've pulled out results with a B squad before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although we won in the CONCACAF Champions league, I think we need to stir the pot a bit going forward in the regular season. I think that we are a good side, and we have the chance to win it all, but we need to do better because our return legs are resulting in ties as opposed to 4-0 wins.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I don't see TFC calling up anyone and flying them to Colorado, even if the league allowed it. I fully expect them to play the scrubs, except that Bradley will probably play.

If I was Colorado, I'd be super happy to be playing TFC st their most beatable. However they should not underestimate the depth of this team. They've pulled out results with a B squad before.
    Dunn is already with the team, made the trip to Mexico, so could be in the mix for Saturday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is a scheduled loss. Playing "guys that need minutes", as Vanney said.

Expect to see a mishmash of Hamilton, Fraser, Chapman, Morrow, Aketxe, Hasler, Irwin, Hernandez & whoever else we can rope in. Would not be suprised if we lose this one 3-1.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun little kickabout. Play the hungry kids and I bet they can get a point.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Fun little kickabout. Play the hungry kids and I bet they can get a point.
    It's really like a preseason game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess some players have been sent back to Toronto instead of going to Denver with the rest of the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

So I guess some players have been sent back to Toronto instead of going to Denver with the rest of the team.
    It just says it's a flight, was it to Toronto or Denver ?