RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - April 6-8

Friday

Montreal @ NER
    7:30pm - Both teams looked good in advantageous situations but neither have looked stunning. Possible they might be fighting it out for 6th this season. 1-1 draw Why watch this game? Mercurial characters in each lineup means something weird is going to happen.

Saturday

LAFC @ Atlanta 5pm -
    GAME OF THE WEEK Last week's derby included, this is LAFC's toughest test so far. Away, on truf, in front of a hostile crowd against that offence. I think the 5 stripes are going to win this one but its going to be an offensive sizzler. 3-2 for Atlanta Why watch this match? OFFENCE

San Jose @ Philly 7pm - Everybody keeps saying these two team are getting better but I just havn't seen it yet. Philly at home in cold weather should be enough for a win. 1-0 for the home side. Why watch this game? We play Philly in a month. Keep tabs on that offence & midfield - if they can get it to click, they will be difficult.

Colorado @ FCD 8pm - Hard to believe these two teams played in the CCL this year. Dallas has been less then steller & that's with this being their 4th home game in a row to start the season. The Rapids are still figuring it all out. 1-1 draw Why watch this game? We play the Rapids...again in a week. The form in the CCL won't be the same as that game.

Columbus @ Chicago 8:30pm- The Fire have been bad. Columbus has been worth the price of admission (too bad nobody is coming to games). 4-0 for Columbus Why watch this game? Columbus is one of the 3 teams we need to conquer in the East to go anywhere.

Vancouver @ RSL 9:30pm - The Ugly Cup Truth be told Vancouver has been pretty good apart from a red card caused loss in Atlanta. Not good to watch but good enough to win. 2-0 for Vancouver Why watch this game? If the Whitecaps take the Voyageurs seriously, we are going to need to beat this team.

Sunday

Portland @ Orlando 4pm - Orlando's win last week against a depleted RBNY has been the only bright spot for either of these teams. Portland will remain a work in progress until proven otherwise. Orlando is just messy. 2-2 draw Why watch this match? Orlando home games are like watching a Latin American tellanovella - always a mix of the weirdly embarassing, the overly dramatic & the cute.

SKC @ Zlatan 9pm - Zlatan Zlatan 2 - SKC 0 Why watch Zlatan? Zlatan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN 1 and 4 both have Master's Golf so they're blocking out the MLS game on Friday night. How long can an 18th hole go on? 8:00pm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MLS replay centre is getting a bit farsical. Taking forever in the Montreal game to even check and see if the play will be reviewed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Montreal lost composure and never recovered. That looked all NE.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The MLS replay centre is getting a bit farsical. Taking forever in the Montreal game to even check and see if the play will be reviewed.
    Apparently, there was some technical difficulties getting the TV replay in the first place. Took way too long. Got the call right in the end though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta & LAFC is fun to watch

&

we can beat both teams. Atlanta can be had on the wings. LAFC has nobody in front of their back 4.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Atlanta & LAFC is fun to watch

&

we can beat both teams. Atlanta can be had on the wings. LAFC has nobody in front of their back 4.
    VAR for everything now. After that first stoppage for it LA lost any clue. What a drubbing,

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva pots the first v Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So is it safe to say Kaye / Feilhaber aren't the right combo? At face value that looks like an odd pairing. I'd very much see Kaye as box-to-box as opposed to outright defensive. Doesn't feel like those two would play to each others strengths. Also think Kaye's jump strikes me as really odd (even thought I'm hoping for his success).

Edit: is someone going to pubicly question Robinson's coaching soon? His tactics and awful and yet again Davies is not a LB.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-08-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Kaye is the problem. I think he's doing fine in his job as a shuttler. The problem is LAFC is playing Feilhaber as a Pirlo type playmaker behind him and it leaves them extremely vulnerable because Feilhaber has never played DM before and unsurprisingly is really not good at it. They're backline also isn't great - Jakovic and Moutinho are very suspect and Ciman has lost a step.

Their problem isn't going to get better when they try and fit Horta into the midfield either. It'll just compound their problems further. LAFC really did not build their roster very well, outside of a few nice signing here and there. very Mo Johnstone vibe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feilhaber has not accepted he's no longer a box to box. You can't play in MLS without at least one mid interested in defence.

And speaking of teams with no defence - Orlando losing again at home. They look like a team out of MLS circa 2007 in technical capability.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-08-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol @ Toledo giving the Timbers player a second yellow for diving... upon review: penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paulson going off on twitter saying "we played against 12 men".

He'll find his fine in the mail tomorrow I imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow this SKC vs Galaxy game is boring. neither team has a decent primary playmaker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Zlatan is not a guaranteed come back.