Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Member Wall Issues

    I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with their name missing from the member wall this year -- mine was there last year (thankfully I took a picture of it after the MLS Cup), but somehow after buying additional (!!) season tickets this year I am now missing from the 2018 wall ---- I have inquired with the front office and apparently they were supposed to be looking into it (I was told there were many other names missing), and just today I get a card from the team saying "sorry but....it's not going to be fixed", and I was thrown a few BMO bucks ($30 of food and drink?!) as an apology which frankly is of little use to me (I eat at Joes and not at BMO like most RPBs!!).....anyone else have this experience this year? I am less than impressed that they are refusing to fix the member wall as I would guess it's too expensive to do so (it can't take that long to actually make the giant "plaque", as the email confirming your name being on the wall was due on Feb 2nd and it was up at the Colorado game at the end of February), I guess I'm supposed to be happy with a few pizza slices and a hot dog.....on an unrelated note -- I now have about $80 worth of BMO bucks, anyone want to buy them for $70?

  2. #2
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with their name missing from the member wall this year -- mine was there last year (thankfully I took a picture of it after the MLS Cup), but somehow after buying additional (!!) season tickets this year I am now missing from the 2018 wall ---- I have inquired with the front office and apparently they were supposed to be looking into it (I was told there were many other names missing), and just today I get a card from the team saying "sorry but....it's not going to be fixed", and I was thrown a few BMO bucks ($30 of food and drink?!) as an apology which frankly is of little use to me (I eat at Joes and not at BMO like most RPBs!!).....anyone else have this experience this year? I am less than impressed that they are refusing to fix the member wall as I would guess it's too expensive to do so (it can't take that long to actually make the giant "plaque", as the email confirming your name being on the wall was due on Feb 2nd and it was up at the Colorado game at the end of February), I guess I'm supposed to be happy with a few pizza slices and a hot dog.....on an unrelated note -- I now have about $80 worth of BMO bucks, anyone want to buy them for $70?
    I never even checked for my name. Where is the wall? I will look next time.

  3. #3
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^The "wall/plaque" is a giant TFC logo surrounded by members names (it was done alphabetically by first name which is also kind of weird) right when you walk in at the North gates (opposite the food building) near the souvenir stand at the NE corner of the stadium.

  4. #4
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Section 220
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with their name missing from the member wall this year -- mine was there last year (thankfully I took a picture of it after the MLS Cup), but somehow after buying additional (!!) season tickets this year I am now missing from the 2018 wall ---- I have inquired with the front office and apparently they were supposed to be looking into it (I was told there were many other names missing), and just today I get a card from the team saying "sorry but....it's not going to be fixed", and I was thrown a few BMO bucks ($30 of food and drink?!) as an apology which frankly is of little use to me (I eat at Joes and not at BMO like most RPBs!!).....anyone else have this experience this year? I am less than impressed that they are refusing to fix the member wall as I would guess it's too expensive to do so (it can't take that long to actually make the giant "plaque", as the email confirming your name being on the wall was due on Feb 2nd and it was up at the Colorado game at the end of February), I guess I'm supposed to be happy with a few pizza slices and a hot dog.....on an unrelated note -- I now have about $80 worth of BMO bucks, anyone want to buy them for $70?
    That's unfortunate, they should've gave you something more than food vouchers. Regarding your BMO bucks, I am not sure if they changed the policy, but I think you may be able to get the change back as cash.
    Away support - 13' MTL DC KC CLB NE - 14' KC MTL-v-cup MTL PHI NYRB - 15' CLB CHI MTL-v-cup NE NE MTL MTL-PO - 16' NYRB MTL PHI MTL NYC-PO MTL-PO - 17' PHI OTT-v-cup NER CHI MTL

  5. #5
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Formerly Parkdale
    Posts
    29,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    does anyone know where that old brass plaque with names went? It was on the north side but was moved because of the expansion. I know it cost me $100 in the 2nd or 3rd season to get my name on there, and I haven't seen the thing in years. Where did it go?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

  6. #6
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone looking to buy some BMO bucks? — I don’t eat/drink at BMO but if you do, I can swap my $80 of BMO Bucks (it’s 8x$10), for $60 cash and you get a free beer basically......
    Last edited by tfcfans; 04-11-2018 at 01:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Posts
    13,009
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Anyone looking to buy some BMO bucks? — I don’t eat/drink at BMO but if you do, I can swap my $80 of BMO Bucks (it’s 8x$10), for $70 cash and you get a free beer basically......

    Your situation with the Member Wall is unfortunate.
    But if you're looking to unload those coupons, you might need to make a better offer.
    $10 won't get much beer at BMO... you might need to offer them for about $60 or less.
    Good luck.

  8. #8
    RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The old brass plaque is now at the south end of the stadium. I asked many people about that wall, including Tim B and no one seemed to know but it finally appeared a few weeks ago.

  9. #9
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Your situation with the Member Wall is unfortunate.
    But if you're looking to unload those coupons, you might need to make a better offer.
    $10 won't get much beer at BMO... you might need to offer them for about $60 or less.
    Good luck.
    Ok $60 then....ha ha ha......

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •