Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - that will go down as the greatest result in TFC history. At least for a couple of weeks. Teams just don't go in to Azteca and get a result. It is rare in history...even for the best teams that ever played.

For me the 3 stars go to Bono - Moor - Auro Jr. They were all amazing. Moor has stepped up this season over the end of last season - it's great to see. Auro Jr... starter every time great player.

Bradley was brilliant...the goal was fantastic...pass from Gio and Marky...Ricketts made the pass...Osorio. I was jumping around the living room screaming. To keep them scoreless over 91 minutes...

Only gripes were Hasler...you could have won that with a tap in. Would have brought on Aketxe rather than Hamilton. Jozy...apparently was injured in warm up...should have fessed up and started on the bench. Must have been lung bursting to know that there was 1 less sub coming.

But the character and depth on this team - it was brilliant. If you had told me that we would play without Morrow, Mavinga, Jozy, Vazquez, and Van der Viel and get the result in Azteca..I wouldn't have believed it.

If we can get a few of them back for Chivas ...we have a chance. To win the the Concacaf visiting Monterrey, Mexico City, and Guadalajara ...well it couldn't get any better than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by witenite View Post
    Boys starting to looked gassed, come on boys you can do this
    They looked like they had concrete boots from the KO. Can’t imagine what playing at altitude must be like, but Séba in particular looked way off the pace tonight

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas supporters already crowing at America supporters about losing to Toronto.

Little do they realize that they were possibly a lucky bounce or two away from taking a seat on the sidelines...

COME ON YOU REDS I WANT SOME GOAT CURRY TACOS FOR LUNCH ON THE 25th!!!!
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it hilarious that the second Altidore went down holding his ankle at least one or two America players were calling for a sub to the Toronto bench. They wanted him out of the game bad. Haha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Why the crap is the final next week already? Don't understand why this tourney is so compact.

It should start in March and end in May. Don't they realize it's in their best interest to allow more time for ticket sales?
    They are staying clear of the Liguilla. We wouldn’t be happy if these games landed during MLS playoffs.

Liguilla results determine CCL qualification for the next year, btw. Tigres beat America in the Liguila Apertura last year, then Guadalajara won the Liguilla Clausura last May, beating Tigres. Because Tigres was already in, the non finalist with the best Clausura record (Tijuana) got the last spot.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-11-2018 at 07:00 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly what Hamilton was in for. I hope it was a lesson for rickets to step up the rest of his game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heroes!.......the whole fucking group of them...

so immensely proud of this team!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the Osorio post game interview I am thinking that playing in Azteca was a tougher task than I previously thought. Good on the boys for keeping it together.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still amped over this win. The enormity of going to that historic stadium against a big North American club is a massive accomplishment.

Huge task for the team and coaching staff to re-focus for the weekend then get ready for the finals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no doubt that with our full starting roster available, that would have been a comfortable win. I also have no doubt that if the ref was one of typical suspects from Costa Rica or such, we would have lost bad. Bad enough to not get through? Hard to say, but it was like night and day what I saw not only from the center ref but the ARs as well. Quite an indictment TBH.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 04-11-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That ref was cool as ice. Total professional.

Any word on van der Weil?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Ref last night was an absolute gem. called an absolute perfect and spotless game - a true consummate pro. Loved it when at halftime Herrera was going off on him WWE style and he was literally laughing it off.

Yeah entire referee team was world class.

Hope they use asian refs for the final as well.
    Last edited by MKR; 04-11-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just have to say Jonathan Osorio. Holy crap, imagine scoring the goal in that stadium and being able to run to the sideline and celebrate in front of 50,000-60,000 rabid Mexican fans. Amazing. He's been on a tear since the MLS Cup final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without our playmaker and best defender, I was very impressed we took this series.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this is different, two game threads at the same time.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have not been able to get this classic out of my head, rock your day out to it, cheers to the Reds !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    They are staying clear of the Liguilla. We wouldn’t be happy if these games landed during MLS playoffs.

Liguilla results determine CCL qualification for the next year, btw. Tigres beat America in the Liguila Apertura last year, then Guadalajara won the Liguilla Clausura last May, beating Tigres. Because Tigres was already in, the non finalist with the best Clausura record (Tijuana) got the last spot.
    When does that start?

Also:

Wow. The attendance for the match was only 23,000 and change. That's terrible.
    Last edited by James17930; 04-11-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have 3 regular season games left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to morgan at 3:50?

you notice a ton of laser pointers (that sht needs to be banned, you seriously wanna blind someone over a soccer game?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    What happened to morgan at 3:50?

you notice a ton of laser pointers (that sht needs to be banned, you seriously wanna blind someone over a soccer game?)
    It was a head on head off a corner. Not a smashing header, just kinda bumped into each. He just took his time but it never really looked serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Chivas supporters already crowing at America supporters about losing to Toronto.

Little do they realize that they were possibly a lucky bounce or two away from taking a seat on the sidelines...

COME ON YOU REDS I WANT SOME GOAT CURRY TACOS FOR LUNCH ON THE 25th!!!!

Goat Curry Tacos are a thing? ... that sounds freaking amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone wanna talk about how nothing happened on Morgan's side. 100% shutdown

Also. Interesting rickets pulled off. He really did nothing all game from what I could see. His possible speed kept them honest, but I was a little disappointed in his game.
    Hamilton deserves a start Saturday, did decently out there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still processing last night. I'm so proud of this team, but I'll be disappointed if they lose to Chivas (I think a lot of CA and Tigres fans would be cheesed as well).

As for the laser pointers, it's a good thing that most commercially available models have a high dispersion so it won't be instantly blinding, but still not good as exposure builds up over time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    That Ref last night was an absolute gem. called an absolute perfect and spotless game - a true consummate pro. Loved it when at halftime Herrera was going off on him WWE style and he was literally laughing it off.

Yeah entire referee team was world class.

Hope they use asian refs for the final as well.
    He was aces. Any time someone tries to argue online that PRO refs are up to speed just has to watch a game like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    How many times has two subs involved the same player in TFC history? Rickets subbed both on and off. Don’t see that often.
    Carlos Ruiz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i haven't heard any post game comments from Herrera - wondering who he blamed this time around...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i haven't heard any post game comments from Herrera - wondering who he blamed this time around...
    He didn't go there.

https://www.concacafchampionsleague....b-america-exit
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Anyone wanna talk about how nothing happened on Morgan's side. 100% shutdown

Also. Interesting rickets pulled off. He really did nothing all game from what I could see. His possible speed kept them honest, but I was a little disappointed in his game.
    Hamilton deserves a start Saturday, did decently out there
    Ricketts did nothing all game, but assist on the away goal, breaking the lines, making runs, creating space. Guess we were watching different games.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Ricketts did nothing all game, but assist on the away goal, breaking the lines, making runs, creating space. Guess we were watching different games.
    Did he even make a pass on the goal? I thought it looked like the defender toe poked it across.