Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Did he even make a pass on the goal? I thought it looked like the defender toe poked it across.
    It looks like the defender got the last touch, but Rickett's still creates that with his speed and shielding, giving the defender no option but to tap it towards his own goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looked like a clean pass. If he had confidence right now he would have buried it himself. But he made a good pass.
    Regardless...

That was an absolutely epic result. A win in reality. A great performance...made more remarkable by the injury list to key players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Ricketts did nothing all game, but assist on the away goal, breaking the lines, making runs, creating space. Guess we were watching different games.
    Lmao Ricketts was beyond useless all game. His only contribution was (fatefully) brain farting when he was through one-on-one with the keeper so that a Club America player could then toe poke the ball out of his path and into Oso’s. If Oso is not in position there Ricketts would have been crucified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    It looks like the defender got the last touch, but Rickett's still creates that with his speed and shielding, giving the defender no option but to tap it towards his own goal.
    Speed and shielding? Ricketts had to move like 8 feet to meet a perfectly weighted through ball. He then shielded so well that a Club America player ran further than he did for the ball and toe poked it away from him before he could touch it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Ricketts was utter shit all game.
    I really hope for the next season we'll get rid of him.
    He's 1 class below of the team's current level.

He's good for the Canada team, but not good enough for TFC.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 04-12-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Sorry, Ricketts was utter shit all game.
    I really hope next for the next season we'll get rid of him.
    He's 1 class below of the team's current level.

He's good for the Canada team, but not good enough for TFC.
    He didn't have a great game, but he wasn't “shit”. He ran himself out. We weren’t much going forward for a lot of reasons. The field was incredibly slick. We played 5 at the back in the first half. Altitude destroys the little burst of speed that Ricketts and Gio depend on.

This is the Morgan thing all over again. Show a little faith. Ricketts has made a ton of plays for the team over the last 18 months. Just pat Toissant on the back, and chill. He has earned that, and he just might win us the game in Colorado Saturday.

(Can we also stop this kind of criticism from happening to Zavaleta? Zavaleta gets stick here regularly, then he makes a play like that fantastic cleanout from behind in the second half.)
    Last edited by ensco; 04-12-2018 at 06:38 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i don't know how you can criticize any players this game. Ricketts was decent and had a hand in the goal. Does anyone forget what the possession looked like all game long? All of the defenders Zavaleta included played out of their minds.

Everone on the pitch deserved credit for that result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    yeah i don't know how you can criticize any players this game. Ricketts was decent and had a hand in the goal. Does anyone forget what the possession looked like all game long? All of the defenders Zavaleta included played out of their minds.

Everone on the pitch deserved credit for that result.
    Ricketts had zero hand in that goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some people need to take off their rose coloured glasses. As much as I know Ricketts had some huge moments for us, in big games, he was just awful on Tuesday. No touch, and couldn’t hold the ball up, and slow the game down. That goal he had almost nothing to do with. I was very worried when Altidore went down, cause I knew that he draws fouls and takes pressure off giovinco. Ricketts is a late sub, nothing more. He can utilize his speed in part of the match, and is very strong in air.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ all the Ricketts hyperbole.

Maybe celebrate the win.

We'll see what role he's given if any vs Chivas.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Looked like a clean pass. If he had confidence right now he would have buried it himself. But he made a good pass.
    Regardless...

That was an absolutely epic result. A win in reality. A great performance...made more remarkable by the injury list to key players.
    he didnt get on the ball, it was the defender who poked it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Speed and shielding? Ricketts had to move like 8 feet to meet a perfectly weighted through ball. He then shielded so well that a Club America player ran further than he did for the ball and toe poked it away from him before he could touch it.
    agreed, he did poorly on that play. I really think subbing him off was somewhat a message

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    He didn't have a great game, but he wasn't “shit”. He ran himself out. We weren’t much going forward for a lot of reasons. The field was incredibly slick. We played 5 at the back in the first half. Altitude destroys the little burst of speed that Ricketts and Gio depend on.

This is the Morgan thing all over again. Show a little faith. Ricketts has made a ton of plays for the team over the last 18 months. Just pat Toissant on the back, and chill. He has earned that, and he just might win us the game in Colorado Saturday.

(Can we also stop this kind of criticism from happening to Zavaleta? Zavaleta gets stick here regularly, then he makes a play like that fantastic cleanout from behind in the second half.)

hes still a super sub, just wish we saw the improvement in him that we see in morgan

Hamilton's quality showed once he was subbed on
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 04-12-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh you better believe it's a thing!!
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Agreed. Bit of luck there.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or draw the penalty for Seba to bury.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts took up space, which might sound like an insult but when it comes to a forward, its actually very important.

He has issues with his first touch & he's not as good as Jozy.

But, he did the job required, which is what depth does.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-12-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't cope well with the conditions, he's certainly played better in other games. If injuries plague the team further, he will be called upon again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlos Ruiz
    That was a pretty good meltdown when they pulled him off lol

OMG I just shuddered thinking about those dark, dark days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can criticize players and still enjoy the win. But if a player plays badly or gets credit where credit certainly isn’t due I’m gonna call it out.

Ricketts is fine as a late sub to stretch the field with his pace and he’s decent finishing from 6 yards, but his touch is dreadful which limits his use in any sort of build-up play. That’s why it would of been nice if the club had signed a third forward to play when Jozy inevitably gets injured/is fatigued.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton is good at holding the ball. He will develop into a neat player if given more opportunities.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Hamilton is good at holding the ball. He will develop into a neat player if given more opportunities.
    Agreed, if he keeps on developing he could be the answer to our need for a backup hold up player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Agreed, if he keeps on developing he could be the answer to our need for a backup hold up player.
    I'd love to see him pull a Morgan/Osorio when given more of a chance. I know it's not TFC's job to make CMNT better but it definitely adds something for me.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes