Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His is brother played for Celtic so I'm sure he rooted for them at some point

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    I just need to know if Caldwell is Rangers or Celtic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would seem CA left town without ever actually filing the official complaint........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    we wer3 fantastic and it was a magnificent win. But a closely run thing. First half, they completely overran our midfield. I lost count of the number of times Bradley lost the ball. Let’s not underestimate what a good, hardworking team they are.
    I have to agree with this. I think there is a bit of rose coloured glasses about the first half in particular. I thought that was one of the worst halves I've seen Bradley play. He gets really flustered when he's under constant pressure. And he was getting it from all angles in that first half. I actually started to understand what the Americans were saying post-World Cup qualifying. He was markedly better in the second half. Was better able to keep the game in front of him. Same goes for Delgado actually.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, he's Douchebag!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we talk about Ricketts taking the ball into the corner on the 2 vs 1 break. To me that seemed absolutely idiotic. You gained what, maybe 6 extra seconds by doing that vs the potential shot getting saved and the ball put back into play by CA. That felt like a 4th goal for sure and we need everything we can get. That Santos Laguna semi still haunts my dreams. I know we are much better now, but the elevation is still something else, regardless of the guys being there right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Can we talk about Ricketts taking the ball into the corner on the 2 vs 1 break. To me that seemed absolutely idiotic. You gained what, maybe 6 extra seconds by doing that vs the potential shot getting saved and the ball put back into play by CA. That felt like a 4th goal for sure and we need everything we can get. That Santos Laguna semi still haunts my dreams. I know we are much better now, but the elevation is still something else, regardless of the guys being there right now.
    I didn’t think he had the angle.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts was going for it, but the pass from Giovinco was miss-hit & put Rickets too much off to the side. But yes I was disappointed they didn't manage to go for a 4th goal. They had a few other chances that didn't materialize either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Ricketts was going for it, but the pass from Giovinco was miss-hit & put Rickets too much off to the side. But yes I was disappointed they didn't manage to go for a 4th goal. They had a few other chances that didn't materialize either.
    oh they're getting the 4th goal alright.....in Mexico....and the 5th....

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was yelling at him to go for the goal. He was right in front of me - well I am 23 rows up, buy I know he heard me. Yesterday, I was reading an article about the game and came across some sound reasoning. Yes, he didn't go for the goal which he could have scored. By taking the ball into the corner, he did kill of a measly 6 seconds, but he also didn't hit a cross into the box which could have been picked up by CA and then they would have hit their target man running with only 2 of our guys back. CA had done that to us a couple of times late in the game - and eventually it could have worked. We had a lot of pressure on us and his work in the corner, although brief, gave our backline time to settle.

If this is a league game where away goals don't count then I say go for it.
    If he were to score it would have been great.
    If we were to mis-hit a cross that ended up as a goal for CA, I would say it's not worth the effort.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's 100% a Celtic supporter.

I think the criticism of him is a bit harsh, I don't mind him at all.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly, one of the pundits names Osorio after Giovinco and Altidore as one of three attacking threats. I've been watching these so much my YouTube main page suggests them to me before I even look for them. All of these shows sort of say the same things and generally believe America will eke out a result, but progressively they've been giving us more and more respect. Anyway, thought it was neat to have Osorio's recent form to be recognized even by foreign media even if it was but a name a name drop.

~15:37

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    He's 100% a Celtic supporter.

I think the criticism of him is a bit harsh, I don't mind him at all.
    All is forgiven...hail hail.