Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Lmao that goal is on Aketxe
    Drew falls down trying to clear the ball, Aketxe was anticipating his pass by taking two steps up field and that means the goal is on him? Man you guys can be harsh!
    Last edited by Carter; 03-30-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Good result and overall performance. Nice to see Chapman, Rickets, Irwin, and Akexte get some time. They are all important players.

Van der Wiel was very good as a Centre Back. That was his best performance so far. Auro had another solid game.

Morrow improved as the game went on - that is good to see. He is able cover for Morrow.

The weak points were Hasler, Giovinco, and Delgado for me. They all had poor games.

Hasler is not showing anything that is better than Chapman for example. His passing was poor and he had little impact on the game. Gio.... well he has had enough great games that we give him a pass.
    Delgado...probably should have been rested for Tuesday.

Steve
    umm. Morrow wasn’t even in the 18....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL did a lot to stretch TFC'S backline, credit that TFC did not break down too often.

Great to see Aston assist and Tos get a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    umm. Morrow wasn’t even in the 18....
    Morgan....doh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan....doh

I thought maybe we had another Moor, Morrow incident, then you said cover for Morrow, I think your keyboard loves Morrow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good performance. Team is still coming together this year it feels like. Going to take a bit to integrate different players into the lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Lmao that goal is on Aketxe
    lmao pick me up off the floor. How does one look at that sequence and see Aketxe getting wrong footed by Drew Moor falling on his ass as being the cause of the goal rather than Drew Moor falling on his ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    lmao pick me up off the floor. How does one look at that sequence and see Aketxe getting wrong footed by Drew Moor falling on his ass as being the cause of the goal rather than Drew Moor falling on his ass
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Ajax TFC again... AMEN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, lol, some of you guys are just too nit-picky. It's like you feel the only way we played a good game is if we win 5-0 and the other team only has 10% possession, or something.

There will always be little mistakes made by our players every game, especially when the pitch is in the condition it is now.

Overall we were pretty solid. Just enjoy it going into Tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the pissing about with the ball in our end that caused the goal. At that time of the game, put the laces through it, lad.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-31-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still not a 1st gear TFC performance, but I did really like Auro, he is so solid on the ball, Van der Wiel was also impressive at CB, he reminds me in some ways of Mavinga, athletic and leggy (in a good sense). Aketxe, has had moments, in two games he has two shots come of the crossbar, I want to see more. Great to see the Canadian continent of Chapman, Ricketts and Morgan playing tonight. As the game begun I felt that the high level of TFC had left Ashtone behind but I have to say he got better as the game progressed. Very happy to see Ricketts score, solid week for him. It has been mentioned a lot on this forum Osorio has taken his game to the next level, he was again very solid tonight. With all this said there is still room to raise the level, which they will need to do next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what was with Alan Chapman and all the yellows? Holy moly.

the lads controlled the match and gave up only two chances.

Irwin: 6. Did what he had to do. No real chance on the goal
    Morgan: 6.5. Looked like he belongs, and a nice assist
    Moor. 6. Solid
    VdW. 7. Best game yet for us. Virtually flawless
    Auro. 6.5. Generally strong
    Delgado. 4. Worst performance in a while. Numerous giveaways, some just shocking
    Bradley. 8. Man of the match. Imperious and in total control
    Osorio. 7. Showing for the ball everywhere, helped create, defend and control
    Hasler 6. Pretty decent. Thought he and Auro would penetrate more but they did well
    Altidore. 7. Goals, post up play, passion all good. Masked quite a few sloppy giveaways but is close to being back in form
    Gio. 6.5. Not vintage but was working very hard and creating all night. Needs to practice from the spot
    Chapman. 5.5. Looked cold at the beginning. Literally, but started to link up well near the end, including in the 18
    Axetke. 5.5. Still a bit out of sorts but what a left foot. In the 83 rd minute, don’t piss about with the ball in your 18
    Ricketts. 6.5. Everywhere and a goal. Energy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take a back line of Mavinga, Moor and VDW.

OK this was an RSL who's midfield was porous so can't put much stock in all this but we were tearing them to shreds with quick line breaking passes.

VDW & Auro were amazing to watch. The quality of the recoveries was exquisite.

Morgan was..well... Morgan. His assist was him trying to come inside and losing the ball right to Jozy's feet.

Hasler had a poor game. His touch was off. Bradley was in charge all game. Seba played the play maker role quite well. Needs to get off the schnied in the league but he's setting up plays all game long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid pass at the corner of our 18 yardbox led to that whole messy sequence. If that’s Cooper I guarantee everyone jumps on him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aketxe is not as interested in defending as he needs to be. There was a sequence where he went forward and lost the ball with runners ahead of him. Every other player, including Seba and Ricketts, came back to the box to help out on defense. Agar jogged. We are a team defense team. He'll sort this out but he still thinks he's better than this league. Seen this before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good result and overall performance. Nice to see Chapman, Rickets, Irwin, and Akexte get some time. They are all important players.

Van der Wiel was very good as a Centre Back. That was his best performance so far. Auro had another solid game.

Morgan improved as the game went on - that is good to see. He is able cover for Morrow.

The weak points were Hasler, Giovinco, and Delgado for me. They all had poor games.

Hasler is not showing anything that is better than Chapman for example. His passing was poor and he had little impact on the game. Gio.... well he has had enough great games that we give him a pass.
    Delgado...probably should have been rested for Tuesday.

Steve
    I would mostly agree, but our little group in 110 saw Hasler's play actual quite good, he war mothing the ball forward but was not forgetting his defensive responsibilities. Just our version of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Good performance. Team is still coming together this year it feels like. Going to take a bit to integrate different players into the lineup.
    We are a professional football team. Changes happen every year ( hopefully for our benefit, and instigated by us) and the players involved should blend into our system asap.......I presume and trust we have a system ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from his flub on the goal I thought Moor was one of the stronger players tonight. Read the game really well and knew when to snuff out plays. VdW surprised me as a CB too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent result and a decent enough performance although we were a bit shaky in the 2nd half. Perhaps to be expected given the line up we put out tonight. VDW, Auro, and Aketxe do not look like upgrades on last year’s squad and were missing Beitashour”stability on the right, and the threat Edwards brought off the bench on the left. The biggest worry ahead of Tuesday however is our forward line does not seem to be clicking at all. Yes I know we scored three goals but rarely threatened beyond that. Our transition is slow and we need to be getting players forward with greater urgency. The wingbacks also need to get the ball in behind our opponents back line every opportunity they have in steady of recycling the ball backwards allowing our opponents to regroup.

Still it’s early days in league play at least and I suppose we need to give the players time to gel given the new additions. I just hope we are able to field close to our strongest 11 on Tuesday and rack up a lead that is insurmountable for CA in the 2nd leg. I worry about our ability to do so with tonight’s line up.

Onwards and upwards TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    We are a professional football team. Changes happen every year ( hopefully for our benefit, and instigated by us) and the players involved should blend into our system asap.......I presume and trust we have a system ?
    If only it were that simple. Guys don’t often move half way around the world and instantly hit the ground running, especially when many of these moves happened late into preseason.

Vasquez didn’t show his full utility until mid last year. While Auro has hit the ground running, getting a full impression of VDW and
    Aketxe will take longer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A great tune up game. Got the win which helps everyone feel good, but just more good game time for VdW and Auro, and we worked Ricketts and Aketxe in (Ager with another transversano - this guy is going to score goals)

Best of all, no injuries on that pitch.

Ashtone Morgan belongs. That off season debate is settled. To be able to earn your spot on this team, that is no easy thing. It's tough, really good players from Europe and South America are coming in to the league in numbers, and 3 or 4 TFCII guys are gunning for him every year.

Really happy for him.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-31-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    A great tune up game. Got the win which helps everyone feel good, but just more good game time for VdW and Auro, and we worked Ricketts and Aketxe in (Ager with another transversano - this guy is going to score goals)

Best of all, no injuries on that pitch.

Ashtone Morgan belongs. That off season debate is settled. To be able to earn your spot on this team, that is no easy thing. It's tough, really good players from Europe and South America are coming in to the league in numbers, and 3 or 4 TFCII guys are gunning for him every year.

Really happy for him.
    i agree with this. He must have been working his ass off in training last year after his broken foot healed. His defensive play is head and shoulders better than it was two seasons ago. Pretty bogus yellow though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to to say I told you so, but VdW at CB might be his best position with this team. He look so comfortable and neat on the ball.

I know it was a 442,.... but I would love to see come Tuesday (if everyone is healthy and we deploy 352) VdW - Moor - Mavinga.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Canada. That was amazing seeing Ricketts keep scoring and Morgan with the a. Oso was Oso but he helped and didn't get carded out with complaints. And Chappie! It will prolly be a while before we see him again but he did alright.

Aketxe really duffed a clearance and Moor was unlucky but this was the match for it. But for that one sequence the lads were entirely in control.

Although I didn't see THAT squad practicing much for Tues.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Holy Canada. That was amazing seeing Ricketts keep scoring and Morgan with the a. Oso was Oso but he helped and didn't get carded out with complaints. And Chappie! It will prolly be a while before we see him again but he did alright.

Aketxe really duffed a clearance and Moor was unlucky but this was the match for it. But for that one sequence the lads were entirely in control.

Although I didn't see THAT squad practicing much for Tues.
    Vanney deserves some props for playing a line up with only one Centre Back. Gutsy.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-31-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Vanney deserves some props for playing a line up with only one Centre Back. Gutsy.
    Not really gutsy.... VdW is a better CB than Zavs or Hagglund

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After VdW’s performance last night, it begs the question if our best back four might turn out to be Morrow-Mavinga-VdW-Auro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unpopular opinion but even tho Jozy scored twice his passing was sloppy as hell all game.

Seba needs to stop taking penalties I guess...He shoots 1 way and every GK knows it.

Hasler has good chemistry with the team -i love his give n goes.

Good to see Morgan have a good game and even better to see Seba actually pass to him for once (that led to the second goal).

Aketxe needs a lot more time to settle in but it's about time we have someone who isn't afraid of shooting from outside the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Unpopular opinion but even tho Jozy scored twice his passing was sloppy as hell all game.
    The field was awful. Lots of guys seemed to be caught off guard by spots where the ball would bobble or holdup on the ground.

Let’s hope they get control of this before CFL season hits, otherwise we’re hooped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it shouldn't come as a surprise to see VDW do well at CB, the Ajax system he came from is world class for a reason, I think he can play anywhere in defense and midfield in MLS.

Once he gets up to fitness we will see his full value to the team, I think we have a very versatile player for MLS.

I'm also curious to see a combo of VDW/Mavinga and a third CB using a three man backline.