Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Am I the only won completely unimpressed by Aketxe so far? I know he's still coming into fitness and hasn't really been given a role yet so I'm withholding total judgement, but I don't see how Chapman or Hasler wouldn't produce the same if not more right now. Neither get enough playing time even though they probably deserve it.
    Aketxe lacks chemistry and an understanding of how his role meshes with the rest of the team, which is purely a result of lack of time. The qualities he's shown in his limited minutes are at a significantly higher level than Chapman or Hasler. He just doesn't have the benefit of familiarity that the other players have.

FWIW I remember around this time last year someone saying Vazquez is "certainly no better than Osorio"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have doubts about Axetke as well. And I certainly don’t remember anyone suggesting Vasquez was no better than Oso at this time last year. Early days, and I hope he works out, but he seems a bit of a luxury now Vasquez has signed for the next several years or so. The midfield is crowded and people like Chapman need and deserve minutes. He was good last year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think any of us can evaluate how Aketxe is doing. Most of the evidence will be on the practice pitch. Same for Auro, really. (I mean looking good against a hopeless Colorado team in games they didn't take very seriously, is not that useful.)

Ager hit that 30 yard knuckler off the cross bar against Columbus. If that had hit that 2 cm lower, and it had ducked under the bar, imagine how different the feeling about him would be. I wouldn't get worried just yet.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I have doubts about Axetke as well. And I certainly don’t remember anyone suggesting Vasquez was no better than Oso at this time last year. Early days, and I hope he works out, but he seems a bit of a luxury now Vasquez has signed for the next several years or so. The midfield is crowded and people like Chapman need and deserve minutes. He was good last year.
    Well unfortunately I can't work the search function to find specific phrases, so I guess we'll just assume I made that up. I just don't like the perception that a new signing is on the verge of being a bust because they don't light the league on fire instantly and are therefore just taking up valuable time that could be given to players that were here first. The guy has obvious qualities that are potentially a level above everyone else competing for that last midfield spot. Sure, he could turn into a Cooper, who couldn't adjust his style to be an effective 90 minute player in this team. But he could also turn out to be as valuable as Vazquez. The potential rewards of giving the guy the time to adapt far outweigh the risk of a Chapman or Hasler losing some minutes. I don't think anyone would look back in hind sight and wish we hadn't signed Vazquez because it reduced Osorio and Chapman's minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm launching a desperate SOS call, in the hope to find a good helping soul!

I'm in a place now where I have a terribly week WIFI connection, so just some static websites are working... nothing like videos, or live streams.
    I will be in a place with a good internet just beginning from Sunday early morning.

So I can't watch the stream of tonight's game, and I'm used to watch all TFC games live.
    I will be very thankful if someone can send a working link through PM (Private message), with the full registered game TFC - RLS, until Sunday morning.
    I heard that there are always some registered versions of every MLS game somewhere...

It's important to be a version where the final score it's not shown before the game, on screen, or in some comment right under the video (if it's on youtube for example), because until then I won't even come here to read stuff in the forum threads, being afraid that I will see posted somewhere the score!

Thanks in advance guys!

Go Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Aketxe lacks chemistry and an understanding of how his role meshes with the rest of the team, which is purely a result of lack of time. The qualities he's shown in his limited minutes are at a significantly higher level than Chapman or Hasler. He just doesn't have the benefit of familiarity that the other players have.

FWIW I remember around this time last year someone saying Vazquez is "certainly no better than Osorio"
    Could very well be. The only chance I've had to see him live so far was at The Big O', where him and Osorio really really did not play well together. Maybe his technical abilities didn't really shine through on TV in his other appearances. I'm fine being patient but i just haven't personally seen any flashes of brilliance or anything of the sort yet to near justify his wages. I'll be there in person tonight so maybe I'll get a better look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, anyway, predictions for tonight:

We have The best three players in the league and we're playing a team who's average age seems to be about 12 years old. We've had a week off, no reason we shouldn't win this easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    so, anyway, predictions for tonight:

We have The best three players in the league and we're playing a team who's average age seems to be about 12 years old. We've had a week off, no reason we shouldn't win this easily.
    A 2-0 win for the Reds. A heartening and needed victory but an unconvincing one that still poses questions about coherence and chemistry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, although I’d like to give Ager a bit more time to adjust and find his fit with the team. Look at Oso, he took time to adjust, find his strengths and his fit. Ager has played 2 regular season games, I think he has a total of 138 minutes played.

As I know you may agree, game situations are much different than training environments, let’s give him a bit more time to adjust before we throw him to the wolves, I think he’s going to fit great with our squad and puts us in a position to field 2 very different and very talented starting XI’s which is absolutely unheard of in the MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I agree with you, although I’d like to give Ager a bit more time to adjust and find his fit with the team. Look at Oso, he took time to adjust, find his strengths and his fit. Ager has played 2 regular season games, I think he has a total of 138 minutes played.

As I know you may agree, game situations are much different than training environments, let’s give him a bit more time to adjust before we throw him to the wolves, I think he’s going to fit great with our squad and puts us in a position to field 2 very different and very talented starting XI’s which is absolutely unheard of in the MLS
    Of course. It only makes sense to give him opportunities. I just expected more for a player in mid season form playing with a group of players in early season form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. It only makes sense to give him opportunities. I just expected more for a player in mid season form playing with a group of players in early season form.
    His playing time from my undstanding was very limited and that’s why he left but who knows. I’m hoping for your starting XI, this game..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was just a guess based on absences, international duty, Vanney’s comments etc. But it would be interesting to see that formation, it could be quite explosive but tight defensively as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irwin
    Auro-VDV-Moor-Morgan
    Hasler-Bradley-Delgado-Osorio
    Gio-Jozy

Last edited by Carter; 03-30-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really hate this XI

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense to start Irwin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think van der wiel at cb is going to end well. Is hagglund injured? Seems Vanney has lost a great deal of confidence in zavaleta to have him on the bench and start just one true CB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird lineup, I have to assume Vanney didn't want Hagglund or Zavaleta getting burned by RSL's speedy forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think van der wiel at cb is going to end well. Is hagglund injured? Seems Vanney has lost a great deal of confidence in zavaleta to have him on the bench and start just one true CB
    Yet if it does work, it solves a great need. I don't mind Vanney trying this. I do agree it's probably unlikely to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you also think Ager lacks chemistry and understanding how his role meshes with the team, after a total of 138 minutes playing with the team in game situations.

Its possible that that they are running a different formation, and resting players for The CCL tilt on Tuesday..

Irwin

VDV —— Moor —— Morgan
    ————Bradley————-
    Hasler —————-Auro
    ————Delgado———-
    ——Osorio—Gio
    ———-Jozy———

Suppose I’ll eat my words if we lose by 3, but I think people need to break the sky is falling mentality on the third game of the season and let the CONCACAF Coach of the year manage his team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think VDW at CB when Auro, Hagglund and Zavaleta are healthy is a sign of two things

1. Vanney rates Auro over VDW
    2. They are trying to wedge VDW into the line up because of his salary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    But you also think Ager lacks chemistry and understanding how his role meshes with the team, after a total of 138 minutes playing with the team in game situations.

Its possible that that they are running a different formation, and resting players for The CCL tilt on Tuesday..

Irwin

VDV —— Moor —— Morgan
    ————Bradley————-
    Hasler —————-Auro
    ————Delgado———-
    ——Osorio—Gio
    ———-Jozy———

Suppose I’ll eat my words if we lose by 3, but I think people need to break the sky is falling mentality on the third game of the season and let the CONCACAF Coach of the year manage his team...
    I'm confused. Did my posts about Aketxe and VdW contradict each other?

My point about Aketxe is that his apparent unimpressiveness is simply lack of chemistry with his team mates BECAUSE he's only played 138 minutes with them.
    My opinion that VdW at CB won't end well is because he's 30 years old and hasn't played that position since before he went pro. Maybe it'll turn out fine because of his many years of experience and because this is MLS not europe. At this stage I don't have a problem with Vanney making the decision to try it. There's a chance it works out fine, but I have my doubts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

streams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think VDW at CB when Auro, Hagglund and Zavaleta are healthy is a sign of two things

1. Vanney rates Auro over VDW
    2. They are trying to wedge VDW into the line up because of his salary
    I don't think Vanney gives two shits who's being paid what. He's being paid to win games. If he plays VdW over Zavaleta, it's because he thinks that gives the team the best chance of winning games. If they were just desperate to get VdW on the pitch, he could have put Auro on the left instead of Morgan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God we are complete trash at penalties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s amazing how lethal Giovinco is at free kicks but has his struggles at penalty kicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco just refuses to shoot anywhere else, good riddance. I thought last year they learned Altidore and Vazquez are ahead in PK priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decline the penalty!!

edit: Okay we're good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Delgado is starting against America I think the start tonight is too many minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice finish

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso nuttmegged himself there or something