Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    But you also think Ager lacks chemistry and understanding how his role meshes with the team, after a total of 138 minutes playing with the team in game situations.

Its possible that that they are running a different formation, and resting players for The CCL tilt on Tuesday..

Irwin

VDV —— Moor —— Morgan
    ————Bradley————-
    Hasler —————-Auro
    ————Delgado———-
    ——Osorio—Gio
    ———-Jozy———

Suppose I’ll eat my words if we lose by 3, but I think people need to break the sky is falling mentality on the third game of the season and let the CONCACAF Coach of the year manage his team...
    I'm confused. Did my posts about Aketxe and VdW contradict each other?

My point about Aketxe is that his apparent unimpressiveness is simply lack of chemistry with his team mates BECAUSE he's only played 138 minutes with them.
    My opinion that VdW at CB won't end well is because he's 30 years old and hasn't played that position since before he went pro. Maybe it'll turn out fine because of his many years of experience and because this is MLS not europe. At this stage I don't have a problem with Vanney making the decision to try it. There's a chance it works out fine, but I have my doubts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I'm confused. Did my posts about Aketxe and VdW contradict each other?

My point about Aketxe is that his apparent unimpressiveness is simply lack of chemistry with his team mates BECAUSE he's only played 138 minutes with them.
    My opinion that VdW at CB won't end well is because he's 30 years old and hasn't played that position since before he went pro. Maybe it'll turn out fine because of his many years of experience and because this is MLS not europe. At this stage I don't have a problem with Vanney making the decision to try it. There's a chance it works out fine, but I have my doubts.
    RCB, CB, RWB, RB are all interchangeable positions, VDW played an entire World Cup at Centre back sure it was 8 years ago, but it is what it is. VDW has also been know to play Right mid as well.

My point on Aketxe is that you seem unwilling to provide an opportunity for him to adjust before saying he lacks things, god, back in the day we gave Gilberto over a year to adjust to the league. Give the kid an opportunity to adjust to the style of play and understanding how he fits into the system. He’s a younger version of VV although he’s more attacking minded where as VV is a bit more defensively minded. If we are needing to have this conversation by Game 15/16, then you can show me tapes/highlights where he doesn’t gel or chemistry lacks.. but right now we are only on Game 3, of a 34 game season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Vanney's decision to play Van Der Weil at CB is looking good. Auro Jr is this team's RB. This could be the start of something... Or at least a plausible scenario vs lower tier MLS teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    RCB, CB, RWB, RB are all interchangeable positions, VDW played an entire World Cup at Centre back sure it was 8 years ago, but it is what it is. VDW has also been know to play Right mid as well.
    He most definitely did not. He was the RB the whole tournament except the SF when he was suspended. Heitinga/Ooijer and Mathijsen were the centre backs. Maybe there was an odd league game or two back at Ajax when he played CB, but we'd be talking about a maybe couple low level games in his ~12 year pro career. He's definitely playing well there today anyways

My point on Aketxe is that you seem unwilling to provide an opportunity for him to adjust before saying he lacks things, god, back in the day we gave Gilberto over a year to adjust to the league. Give the kid an opportunity to adjust to the style of play and understanding how he fits into the system. He’s a younger version of VV although he’s more attacking minded where as VV is a bit more defensively minded. If we are needing to have this conversation by Game 15/16, then you can show me tapes/highlights where he doesn’t gel or chemistry lacks.. but right now we are only on Game 3, of a 34 game season.
    I'm 100% willing to give Aketxe the opportunity to adjust. That's the whole point of what I'm trying to say. I think you're misunderstanding my posts