Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think it shouldn't come as a surprise to see VDW do well at CB, the Ajax system he came from is world class for a reason, I think he can play anywhere in defense and midfield in MLS.

Once he gets up to fitness we will see his full value to the team, I think we have a very versatile player for MLS.

I'm also curious to see a combo of VDW/Mavinga and a third CB using a three man backline.
    would be interesting to see Hagglund with those two. With his jumping power, it would be a pretty immense troika

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Unpopular opinion but even tho Jozy scored twice his passing was sloppy as hell all game.

Vanney made a good point in the presser afterwards:

Jozy occupies defenders with his movement. Yes, he's big but he also tries that run off the edge every few minutes & all the opposing CB's have to cover him. He also played wide left a lot more then I've ever seen him. Its all about the technique with these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vanney made a good point in the presser afterwards:

Jozy occupies defenders with his movement. Yes, he's big but he also tries that run off the edge every few minutes & all the opposing CB's have to cover him. He also played wide left a lot more then I've ever seen him. Its all about the technique with these guys.
    Yeah ... he probably creates more opportunities and goals with his movement than we realize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Some sloppiness on the one we conceded, but besides that a decent performance. RSL is definitely pretty bad right now - that being said Van der Wiel played his best game so far, which combined with Auro being really good at RB/RWB, makes me wonder if we end up easing into a VdW - Moor - Mavinga back 3 as the season goes on.
    Yes that was my first thought for a back three as well
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    VDW & Auro were amazing to watch. The quality of the recoveries was exquisite.
    Some very good interplay on that side, imagine when it becomes the 3-5-2

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Holy Canada. That was amazing seeing Ricketts keep scoring and Morgan with the a. Oso was Oso but he helped and didn't get carded out with complaints. And Chappie! It will prolly be a while before we see him again but he did alright.
    Last year Chap got bullied off the ball far too easily. He has strengthened himself, and will be much more useful this year.

Finally a game where TFC were bossing the field. Regardless of the opportunities to improve, it felt like home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dominating first half and great result....good to see Morgan and Ricketts get in there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Last year Chap got bullied off the ball far too easily. He has strengthened himself, and will be much more useful this year.
    That’s definitely something for him to work on but I think the larger issue is Chapman’s primary utility was being the go-to guy in the midfield in an injury depleted lineup.

Much like Osorio has already done, Champman is going to need to remake his game in the mould of a 2-way midfielder who can be useful as a supporting midfield player rather than just the primary focus.

While he is good as a creator, it’s going to be tough to make a career out of that role, especially when most MLS teams fill those type of positions with pricy foreign talent.

I hope he does it. Not only because I think he has the talent but also because it would be good for Canada and show some dexterity in our players development to make these kind of changes.