Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speculating on what might have happened because of a Montreal twitter post is never a good idea.

Having any mention of another supporter group because of pure speculation is just bad form and should always be avoided.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Sick and tired of you guys steady ripping on your own fellow supporters/groups. Guys its a MTL derby for FS who cares if a group of fans got into a fight yada yada. Were talking about the same Montreal that steady harasses any form of English speaking person they see in there fkn city right? Jeez the amount of times ive been to Montreal and had to defend myself in a fight just because im from Toronto. Stop trying to get too involved people nobody should be judged and told to be " Banned from Bmo" as some idiot on here stated. Grow up its a derby, fights happen trying to expose your own and get people/other groups in trouble is something that doesnt unify or build supporter groups. Keep doing this and the great support we have will fall. This thread should be shut down or any thread that tries to bash our own toronto fc supporters right or wrong.

Some people should grow up - and realize fighting doesn't just "happen". If you've had to defend yourself in fights a number of times in Montreal, maybe the common theme is you. I've spent a lot of time in Montreal (and a number of places in Quebec) without problem. I hate the Impact, but it is a terrific city and I have yet to have any run-ins with anyone. One time someone who I suspect was bilingual seemed to pretend they didn't understand English when I asked for directions - I said "thanks anyways" without a fight developing. I'm sure there are people who would fight someone simply because they're English (seem to be idiots that would fight someone just because they're French, too), I'm just amazed that you seek that minority out so well. Being a derby is no excuse for fighting. Hooliganism is idiotic in every part of the world.

As for people jumping on Ben, I see no wrong doing. The original post asked if anyone knew of any trouble and posted the tweet. Ben replied "disgusting if true", another reply said "if its a group with prior incidents then it needs to be taken care of", and Ben - simply stating and not accusing - said "some replies claim ineebs". In no way was he trashing them or looking to drag their name through the mud, he simply repeated what was said. Not "people say it was ineebs", not "it was ineebs", but he said "some replies claim". He wasn't placing any blame. Sure - without any proof, probably best to say nothing but I don't think it was said with any malice. I'm sure he would have said the same if people speculated any other group. Get off his back.

My biggest issue is that you say we shouldn't be trying to "expose" our own. Yes. Yes we should. If the story is true, this is not okay. I will not accept that supporter groups will grow and unify behind beating up opposing fans. If that is the case, I want no part of a supporter group. Which reminds me, are you a member of a supporter group?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    One time someone who I suspect was bilingual seemed to pretend they didn't understand English when I asked for directions - I said "thanks anyways" without a fight developing.
    But... how? How is that possible?!?

(also: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JoeM again.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha... I spent time reading through TO til I dies past posts.. He's an idiot.
    Sorry, I'm not going to ally with idiots who steals a kids scarf.(Assuming it's true, and I have my doubt), or anyone who thinks football culture is about violence.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Haha... I spent time reading through TO til I dies past posts.. He's an idiot.
    Sorry, I'm not going to ally with idiots who steals a kids scarf.(Assuming it's true, and I have my doubt), or anyone who thinks football culture is about violence.
    C'mon man I just asked him not to call someone an idiot. Disagreeing is going to happen we don't have to sling mud to get our points across.

Thanks

Also take care in Mexico.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    Some people should grow up - and realize fighting doesn't just "happen". If you've had to defend yourself in fights a number of times in Montreal, maybe the common theme is you. I've spent a lot of time in Montreal (and a number of places in Quebec) without problem. I hate the Impact, but it is a terrific city and I have yet to have any run-ins with anyone. One time someone who I suspect was bilingual seemed to pretend they didn't understand English when I asked for directions - I said "thanks anyways" without a fight developing. I'm sure there are people who would fight someone simply because they're English (seem to be idiots that would fight someone just because they're French, too), I'm just amazed that you seek that minority out so well. Being a derby is no excuse for fighting. Hooliganism is idiotic in every part of the world.

As for people jumping on Ben, I see no wrong doing. The original post asked if anyone knew of any trouble and posted the tweet. Ben replied "disgusting if true", another reply said "if its a group with prior incidents then it needs to be taken care of", and Ben - simply stating and not accusing - said "some replies claim ineebs". In no way was he trashing them or looking to drag their name through the mud, he simply repeated what was said. Not "people say it was ineebs", not "it was ineebs", but he said "some replies claim". He wasn't placing any blame. Sure - without any proof, probably best to say nothing but I don't think it was said with any malice. I'm sure he would have said the same if people speculated any other group. Get off his back.

My biggest issue is that you say we shouldn't be trying to "expose" our own. Yes. Yes we should. If the story is true, this is not okay. I will not accept that supporter groups will grow and unify behind beating up opposing fans. If that is the case, I want no part of a supporter group. Which reminds me, are you a member of a supporter group?
    Cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Sick and tired of you guys steady ripping on your own fellow supporters/groups. Guys its a MTL derby for FS who cares if a group of fans got into a fight yada yada. Were talking about the same Montreal that steady harasses any form of English speaking person they see in there fkn city right? Jeez the amount of times ive been to Montreal and had to defend myself in a fight just because im from Toronto. Stop trying to get too involved people nobody should be judged and told to be " Banned from Bmo" as some idiot on here stated. Grow up its a derby, fights happen trying to expose your own and get people/other groups in trouble is something that doesnt unify or build supporter groups. Keep doing this and the great support we have will fall. This thread should be shut down or any thread that tries to bash our own toronto fc supporters right or wrong.
    Who is you guys???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Who is you guys???
    Don’t you know you guys...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Carter, actually I don’t. You can’t be grouping everyone here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he’s implying all people on the board, but, we would need clarification.

I just wanted to use the sloth gif... it’s from the cult classic The Goonies from the 80s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carter View Post
    i think he’s implying all people on the board, but, we would need clarification.

I just wanted to use the sloth gif... It’s from the cult classic the goonies from the 80s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Red4ever again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do have an issue when if there are rumours/accusations then one supporters group immediately comes to mind.
    I wasn't in Montreal, so this is just a general observation, but if one group is consistently involved in stuff that results in action from the league/MLSE, then it is an issue for our group.
    The sanctions have spilled over to our group and had a negative effect on the opener. And if there are continued instances, perhaps MLSE takes away some of the benefits they allow all supporters groups, rather than just punish one.
    Once again, this is not a comment on anything that may have happened in montreal, just the idea that one groups actions do have an impact on the others. Thats why as RPB we have a vetting process for our members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    I live in Montreal and not once have I been harassed for being English lol. Fights should not happen. You’ve got the wrong attitude saying “fights happen”. No one should be name dropping any names, yes, especially without proof, but you saying we should “grow up, fights happen” is absolutely the wrong attitude to have.
    Ive been to Montreal and Quebec tons of time, not once have I been harassed for speaking English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny; I have witnessed derby altercations in western European countries and for the most part it usually reserved for High School and First Year University Students looking for a fight which isn't exactly a foreign concept in Canada it just happens to occur outside of campus life in the public space.

Although I think the general demographic that follow TFC is well past this phase of their life and for those that haven't quite got on board with adulthood it might be wise too.