Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    No season ticket holders was actually paying for TFCII tickets last year, they were a free perk just like they are in 2019.
    I was considering the TFC II tickets' value to be included in our season ticket package, but yeah, technically, what you said will be brought up by them as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read an article by Kloke in The Athletic about a week he spent in the company of the TFCII squad. You can read it on the Voyageurs CPL forum. Rather eye opening. I can see why most see the academy as a joke - TFCII is not for development, it's where they send the players that aren't good enough for MLS, but give them a chance to play out their dream. I can see why they dropped to USL1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Just read an article by Kloke in The Athletic about a week he spent in the company of the TFCII squad. You can read it on the Voyageurs CPL forum. Rather eye opening. I can see why most see the academy as a joke - TFCII is not for development, it's where they send the players that aren't good enough for MLS, but give them a chance to play out their dream. I can see why they dropped to USL1.
    Link?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read that article when it first came out - minor league soccer looks a lot like minor league baseball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Link?
    Here you go...
    https://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/...comment=684384

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Dang, that sounds like a rough life. That explains some of the struggle that the players go through each season. It just saddens me even more that they'll be playing in front of barely any spectators next season in the training ground. At least they get some good grass instead of the crap turf on the Lamport.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Dang, that sounds like a rough life. That explains some of the struggle that the players go through each season. It just saddens me even more that they'll be playing in front of barely any spectators next season in the training ground. At least they get some good grass instead of the crap turf on the Lamport.
    And that profile was of a MLS reserve team. Sure it would be quite different in some cases for a team that does not have the support of a company like MLSE that TFCII does.

I know Bill Manning is a big supporter of USL having played in it and overseeing the building of a stadium for the Real Monarchs while he oversaw RSL. I am starting to think it has decided that pushing a commercial effort for TFCII is just not worth it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1 issue in North America is the travel.

Teams spend way to much time on the road which takes away from proper training, eating and creating good professional footballing habits.

None of this traveling to some town in the backwoods of Georgia or heading down to Florida.

This is not what a team looking for players to develop should do. Yes they need the competition, but there has to be a better way.

TFC2 needs to play locally with a maximum distance of 500KM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Teams spend way to much time on the road
    TFC2 needs to play locally with a maximum distance of 500KM!
    That's what TFC III is for.

I think the travel is good for players to get accustomed to being a North American pro.
    All of what goes on in the experience of playing in the USL, should give them even more of hunger to get to the first team.