Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 157
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    1,990
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol bash him and he scores.

    Akinola has been havin a good game alone up top.

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    1,990
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kubel has also been horrendous.

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFCII is still terrible what's new. Kyle Bjornethun another awful defender.

  4. #124
    Banners/Membership Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going to have to watch that game. I haven't seen much of Kubel yet, I like Cavalluzzo but he's out for a bit. And he's quite short for a keeper.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montreal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montreal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montreal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    879
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saturday May 26, 2018 TFC II 2 Tampa Bay Rowdies 4
    played at BMO Field in front of 141 (says USL site) about 30 were Rowdies fans.
    Where are all you downtown fans?
    my game report you'll have to read at Waking The Red (as for some internet legal reason I have to write something different on my own
    site). I'll be busy tomorrow at L1O Cup games (which I'll also have to write twice). So WTR is you want timely news.

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    9,907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3-0 loss to Ottawa last night and Guyot has reportedly accepted an overseas job.

    Not sure what to think about all this. Results are terrible, yet we’re still getting players to the first team.

    I’ll be interested to see how the club adjusts.

  7. #127
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgetown
    Posts
    1,721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apparently Drew Shepherd had quite a collision last night and had to get stretchered off. Anyone have any details on that?

    Kloke is confirming interest in Guyot to a newly promoted Belgian team.
    Goalie Coach for Georgetown SC. Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    3-0 loss to Ottawa last night and Guyot has reportedly accepted an overseas job.

    Not sure what to think about all this. Results are terrible, yet we’re still getting players to the first team.

    I’ll be interested to see how the club adjusts.
    I'd take a real look at moving TFC II to USL D3 next season.

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Apparently Drew Shepherd had quite a collision last night and had to get stretchered off. Anyone have any details on that?

    Kloke is confirming interest in Guyot to a newly promoted Belgian team.
    I was at the Fury game last night and got pics. It was ugly - Sheppard charged off the line to clear a ball, but the Fury striker flew in swiftly and got his head to it first, where they immediately collided face first with a loud crack-smack. The Fury attacker went down and stayed down. Sheppard staggered to his feet and wobbled for about 10 yards, trying to signal for a sub while holding his lower face before collapsing again. Credit to the trainers, they waited until the ref waved them on before they sprinted to each player. They showed the replay on the big screen twice and both times the crowd went "OOOOOoooooohhhhhh...." After about 6 minutes, the Fury player was able to get up, but was subbed out immediately. It took about 6 more minutes before they were able to haul Sheppard onto the stretcher and off the field. Unfortuanately, they called it against the keeper so the Fury got a Penalty Kick, which they scored to make it 1-0. There were 10 minutes of added time at the end of the first half.

    I noticed Guyot doing a lot of gesticulating on the sidelines to his players during the game - he seemed really involved rather than letting the team play. He also earned some ire from the officials for raising his hands whenever he felt a Fury player was in an offside position (can't blame him - the officials weren't great). I'll need to see more of him to figure out if he's a good coach or not.

  10. #130
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    12,749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As expected

    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...ing-toronto-fc


    Will be VERY interesting to see who they bring in to run the academy.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From Josh Klokes article on Guyot leaving...

    A source told The Athletic that TFC is considering moving TFC II into a different league in the future to better accommodate for the development of young players

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    From Josh Klokes article on Guyot leaving...
    I'd like to see it. We've done a decent job preparing players for the first team but it would be good for everyone to win a few more games here and there.

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder if they end up canning TFCII and rebranding them the Toronto Blizzard, playing in CPL. The casual fan would never suspect they're a TFC farm team.

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I wonder if they end up canning TFCII and rebranding them the Toronto Blizzard, playing in CPL. The casual fan would never suspect they're a TFC farm team.
    Don't think CPL leadership has any interest whatsoever in MLS farm teams, nor should they IMO.

  15. #135
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    12,749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I wonder if they end up canning TFCII and rebranding them the Toronto Blizzard, playing in CPL. The casual fan would never suspect they're a TFC farm team.
    MLSE asked about TFC II in CPL. CPL said no - rightly so.


    They'll move down to USL 3. The bigger issue is leadership in the academy.

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought it defeats the purpose of the academy to play against weaker opposition, since it doesn't prepare them as well to play in a higher division league.

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I thought it defeats the purpose of the academy to play against weaker opposition, since it doesn't prepare them as well to play in a higher division league.
    This is true.
    But it is also equally true that being the perrennial dead last (or in best case the second dead last) in the whole USL is very detrimental to the formation of the winning mentality of the young players.

    So which gives?

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I must be off on understanding what TFC 2 represents considering they are indicating it's a place to learn for our younger players; but they don't strive to win as that's not important is what the rep for the team indicated to me

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am concerned that there is more to the story of Guyot leaving than meets the eye and the Toronto sports media who follow TFC aren't reporting or investigating it.

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Michael Rabasca is the new head coach of TFC II..too bad they didn't go with Pozniak who has a pdl championship..looks like another Vanney connection

    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...-ii-head-coach

    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...?autoplay=true

  21. #141
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,092
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Michael Rabasca is the new head coach of TFC II..too bad they didn't go with Pozniak who has a pdl championship..looks like another Vanney connection

    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...-ii-head-coach

    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...?autoplay=true
    An in house hire makes sense, thought it could have been Danny Dichio currently the head coach of TFCIII in L1O, guess they did not want to distrupt the setup further.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  22. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    MLSE asked about TFC II in CPL. CPL said no - rightly so.


    They'll move down to USL 3. The bigger issue is leadership in the academy.
    Need a TFC development team and a True TFC II reserve team

  23. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    879
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Three games summarized in League 1 Ontario this weekend for Waking The Red including the TFCIII vs Aurora FC game...
    https://www.wakingthered.com/2018/6/...io-tfc-academy
    more pictures, lineups, and details on my own site in a day or two.

  24. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Since the installing of the new artificial turf at Lamport Stadium has been finished and the rugby team has already been back playing there, is it now ready for TFC2 ? I don't see anything official yet about it elsewhere, but I noticed on TicketBastard that apparently the June 27 match against Cincinnati has been moved to Lamport.
    http://www1.ticketmaster.ca/toronto-...00546EDD5D7E07

    Also, there was no live stream on Saturday from Rochester.
    http://www.indianasportscoverage.com...rated-weekend/
    Last edited by Heepster; 06-18-2018 at 08:43 AM.

  25. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    1,990
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even if you can't see em, they'll still lose.

    TFCII need D3 asap.

  26. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,022
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Need a TFC development team and a True TFC II reserve team
    see I don't understand why that is? Like, every time we call up players who have spent a quite a bit of time with TFC 2 they always look better with the first team, and at this point we're starting to establish a reasonable number of players who've come through that pipeline in just a few short years.

    I guess what I'm saying is these guys might be losing a lot, and they may seem like they're not getting better, but as a whole TFC 2 is doing it's job pretty well in terms of its actual intended purpose which is to develop players and get them ready for first team action. Why do we need to coddle these kids even more?

  27. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    see I don't understand why that is? Like, every time we call up players who have spent a quite a bit of time with TFC 2 they always look better with the first team, and at this point we're starting to establish a reasonable number of players who've come through that pipeline in just a few short years.

    I guess what I'm saying is these guys might be losing a lot, and they may seem like they're not getting better, but as a whole TFC 2 is doing it's job pretty well in terms of its actual intended purpose which is to develop players and get them ready for first team action. Why do we need to coddle these kids even more?

    because we need some guys to be the future and we need some guys to be game day ready (who might always be depth). We don't have game day ready

  28. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    because we need some guys to be the future and we need some guys to be game day ready (who might always be depth). We don't have game day ready
    Exactly 2 months ago (and still now) desperately needed a CB in game shape ready to step in. Instead signed Dunn who is nowhere ready and Hernandez who was no where close to game-ready. Playing time for the prospects is the ultimate goal for sure but maybe should also consider a few more experienced players to guide them and also step up to TFC in emergencies

  29. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Exactly 2 months ago (and still now) desperately needed a CB in game shape ready to step in. Instead signed Dunn who is nowhere ready and Hernandez who was no where close to game-ready. Playing time for the prospects is the ultimate goal for sure but maybe should also consider a few more experienced players to guide them and also step up to TFC in emergencies
    b4 tfc2, there was a reserve league that was run like a joke

    We need that back. can even be set up a 10-12 friendlies spread out over the first 2/3 of the season

  30. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North York Ontario
    Posts
    879
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On Sunday TFC III beat Windsor TFC 10-0 with a few TFC guys like Lars Eckenrode and Tim Kubel slumming it with the teenagers. Ten guys on the day's roster were born in year 2000.
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18l1o114.htm

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •