First I heard about that as well.....

Shocking if true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    It will actually be quite full. This is one of the 11am games that they will fill the stands with school kids. I don't even see the game on Ticketmaster.
    It is now listed on ticketmaster, but they have them playing the Richmond Kickers not who they are actually playing Penn FC. I was able to claim my pair on TM using the code I was sent back in March.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I may be late to this but I just read that the club is cutting it's Academy size by aging out groups 9-13?

In my head I can think of a theoretical reason for doing this but I doubt I'm right and i haven't seen anyone give a reason for this. Anyone know anything?
    Is this related to the affiliate club thing Bez was talking about last year? Leave kids with local clubs, monitor them then bring the best in when they are 13/14.

I cant find any articles but i'm sure ive heard him talk about this on a podcast/radio/footy talks or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It is now listed on ticketmaster, but they have them playing the Richmond Kickers not who they are actually playing Penn FC...
    They've now corrected it.
    I wonder if they'll move any more TFC2 matches to Monarch Park Stadium?
    The new artificial turf is now being put into Lamport Stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heepster View Post
    They've now corrected it.
    I wonder if they'll move any more TFC2 matches to Monarch Park Stadium?
    The new artificial turf is now being put into Lamport Stadium.
    Lamport will be ready for the next home game for the Wolfpack on June 9th. I could totally see Monarch Park or another venue getting more USL games as they try to improve the BMO pitch. Lamport for that matter gets a lot of recreational use so that why TFC2 only has 4 games there this year so far.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Is this related to the affiliate club thing Bez was talking about last year? Leave kids with local clubs, monitor them then bring the best in when they are 13/14.

I cant find any articles but i'm sure ive heard him talk about this on a podcast/radio/footy talks or something.
    That was the rational I would have had for doing it. I think the necessity for clubs to have very young starting age is sort of absent in much parts of North America, or at the very least the GTA. In most other countries the options are to either get in to an a club's academy at a stupidly early age or hope to get into one of the top Youth clubs and hope you get scouted to real academy.

I think the built in infrastructure we have gives us bit of an edge up, in that kids in those age groups are honestly coached and serviced pretty comprehensively compared to a lot of other major cities in NA.

It is a cost cutting decision. But, On the other hand it strengthens relationships with the local youth soccer community - which we all know is Complicated at best - and it outsources that responsibility of the organization back to them at no cost.

That's my guess. Who knows what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great attendance for the TFC II game today at Monarch Park.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those kids make a lot of noise... :-)
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the game at work.

Ref was all over the place during the game but I hope Cavaluzzo is okay, man took a beating during the game today.

Unlucky goal against.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That penalty stop was top notch though.
    Road Games:
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another loss another game we dont score

we have to be able pick out a striker from somewhere to at least show these kids how to score and win some games

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben spencer still cant score? I might be starting to feel sorry for him now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Ben spencer still cant score? I might be starting to feel sorry for him now.
    He was not in the TFC2 line up today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Great attendance for the TFC II game today at Monarch Park.
    Those kids make a lot of noise... :-)
    I'm starting to think these student games are actually better for TFCII. It's better that they aren't playing in front of just their friends and families....regardless if its just kids.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May 9, 2018 Toronto FC II 0 Penn FC 1 my game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18tfc276.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lost opportunity with all those kids in attendance TFCII do what TFCII do best at that is lose .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticketmaster shows this Saturday's game as cancelled. Anyone know anything?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Ticketmaster shows this Saturday's game as cancelled. Anyone know anything?
    Its been moved to Monarch Park Stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Its been moved to Monarch Park Stadium.
    I saw that too but now the USL site has turned this into a game at the home of Charlotte ie Sportsplex at Matthews
    TFC II already played their official road visit there on March 24th and lost 2-0.

Oh well the subway is closed this weekend between Lawrence and St Clair anyway so that would have added time to my trek.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    I saw that too but now the USL site has turned this into a game at the home of Charlotte ie Sportsplex at Matthews
    TFC II already played their official road visit there on March 24th and lost 2-0.

Oh well the subway is closed this weekend between Lawrence and St Clair anyway so that would have added time to my trek.
    I kind of wonder if the league took issue with Monarch Park and their somewhat lack of faculties? Also I am starting to get the feeling the league has huge issues with the MLS2 teams and their lack of commitment in some situations to the overall presentation of their games? Sounders2 are now playing in Tacoma, Real Monarchs are playing in a newly built stadium, the Whitecaps replaced their 2 team with a partnership with Fresno, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future with TFCII. If scheduling permits it, playing all the games at Lamport would ideal in my eyes outside of the turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the USSF has stadium requirements for the leagues.

D1 (MLS) - capacity over 15,000
    D2 (USL, NASL) - capacity over 5,000

The small capacity of the stadium in Vaughan (1,500) was one of the reasons TFC2 left. I assume the capacity for Monarch Park is under 5000. I wonder if TFC2 were granted some sort of exemption?
    Last edited by benito; 05-15-2018 at 08:40 AM.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Road Games:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, USSF D2 teams have to play in a stadium of at least 5,000 seats. I have to believe the league came down on them and forced the flip of home teams as Monarch Park lacks some basic amenities. The crowd of 4,100 included quite a number of the kids sitting at least three deep around the track, it was a circus to say the least. They also were not set up to take/s an/sell tickets etc, you just walked in. Having Lamport at a capacity of 9,600 full time would solve many of these problems so hopefully they are working towards that for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I believe the USSF has stadium requirements for the leagues.

D1 (MLS) - capacity over 15,000
    D2 (USL, NASL) - capacity over 5,000

The small capacity of the stadium in Vaughan (1,500) was one of the reasons TFC2 left. I assume the capacity for Monarch Park is under 5000. I wonder if TFC2 were granted some sort of exemption?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t see this TFCII thing going on much longer, no crowds no results and have no players that can help the big club as we have seen so far this season as TFC has struggled with injuries and with the CCL play . The players that have been brought up from TFCII are not even close to being MLS ready and we’re out of their depth. What’s the purpose of having a farm team when you can’t count on anybody on that team to come up and help you? This TFCII team would struggle in League 1 Ontario never mind trying to compete in the USL where we have seen over these past few years they simply can’t compete.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCII minutes over the last two years have done the development work necessary to get these players ready to start in MLS

Telfer
    Hamilton
    Bono
    Chapman
    Morgan

Its not going anywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TFCII minutes over the last two years have done the development work necessary to get these players ready to start in MLS

Telfer
    Hamilton
    Bono
    Chapman
    Morgan

Its not going anywhere.
    Plus it played a big part in Raheem's development so completely agree on the notion of it not going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    This TFCII team would struggle in League 1 Ontario never mind trying to compete in the USL where we have seen over these past few years they simply can’t compete.
    All right, pump the brakes a bit. TFC III has finished in the top half of L1O every season since it began, I'm pretty sure TFC II would do just fine.

What I would like to see is a breakdown year-over-year of the average age of TFC II's players vs. other MLS USL sides and their results. My impression is that TFC II skews quite young, but I'm not as familiar with other MLS USL sides so it's partly a guess for now. Other MLS USL teams like Red Bulls and SKC have had far more success in USL than we have, and I'd like to see if there's an age difference, or if the difference comes down more to other things (coaching or player development).

I do think with the way things are going there is some merit in possibly moving the team to USL III when it launches next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we saw that group come up for the game in Houston, a few journos mentionned TFCII train & play the way TFC wants to play - except the bit about closing out games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this game against ATL UTD 2.....

I can't help but think how some of these guys would look with some veteran presences.

Some of these guys (like Ucello) are playing above their capable level. 3rd season, haven't seen any improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand Daniels has definitely taken a step this year. Looks better as a winger than he has as a #8 in the middle. Assisted Akinola's first of the season and just won and scored a penalty, both made off of individual runs of his down the left.