Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFCII lose 4-0 to Pittsburgh today in Pittsburgh their record now goes to 0-3. I know it's about development but always having these losing seasons like they have had in the past seasons since their inception , and now starting off the way all the other seasons have gone can't be good for the overall development of some of these players who have been with this team a few seasons now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Still there but it's not the best. I am pretty sure that Manning was pissed off with the place as they promised a lot and delivered a little.

Maybe OSC was booked for Sat and couldn't handle our game. It's interesting though because there are 3 TFCII "home" games in Rochester this year while Lamport is under construction and the schedule is tight at BMO. It looks like Manning may have pulled the cord too soon on the move from OSC.

It's a double edged sword though, as no one came to the TFCII games up in Vaughn. Now that they moved to BMO, there seems to be slightly more interest in getting to the games - if they actually ever play there at all.

I wonder if the April 18th game will be moved / postponed.
    There's some kind of minimum seating being enforced by USl this year. They cant host in Vaughn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow what a shit show second half. It was all one way traffic. Embarrassing for the boys

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    There's some kind of minimum seating being enforced by USl this year. They cant host in Vaughn.
    The USSF standard for Division 2 is a 5,000 stadium which the facility at the OSC is not.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So TFCII lose 4-0 to Pittsburgh today in Pittsburgh their record now goes to 0-3. I know it's about development but always having these losing seasons like they have had in the past seasons since their inception , and now starting off the way all the other seasons have gone can't be good for the overall development of some of these players who have been with this team a few seasons now.
    Yes its about development, but it seems like the team is getting worse and worse...A lot of questionable lineups, but what do i know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Dunn and Daniels have signed Homegrown deals and Telfer has signed an MLS deal as well. Obviously the situation with CCL has led to these deals being made, but with that being the case all three of these make sense.

Dunn is probably our top CB prospect and would have eventually gotten a Homegrown deal anyways, and we need another CB for the Houston game especially. Easy.

Daniels is a two-way mid, another area where we can use a guy, and while not a lock for a Homegrown deal like Dunn, has some promise himself and would have at least gotten a look down the line.

Telfer has played everywhere down the flanks: winger, wide mid and fullback. We will definitely need cover there with Morrow still on the mend. I see this one as a one-year temporary deal, like when we signed Mark Pais to the first team last year to fill a hole at keeper after Irwin (I think?) got hurt. Of our wide options Telfer is the most flexible and most pro-ready at the moment. His ceiling is lower than other guys but I don't see this being a long-term move in any way, so it makes sense too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When doing deals like this that are off-budget, its a no loose situation especially when you roster is getting 29 deep as it is. If the need for a roster spot comes up you can release any one of these kids and resign them to a USL deal. As this one of the season none of these kids were expecting this, so its a bonus plus after next weekend I fully expect to seeing them getting most of their action with TFCII anyways. Hey one of them in the end could really surprise us, you never know, its all about making the most of an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So Dunn and Daniels have signed Homegrown deals and Telfer has signed an MLS deal as well. Obviously the situation with CCL has led to these deals being made, but with that being the case all three of these make sense.

Dunn is probably our top CB prospect and would have eventually gotten a Homegrown deal anyways, and we need another CB for the Houston game especially. Easy.

Daniels is a two-way mid, another area where we can use a guy, and while not a lock for a Homegrown deal like Dunn, has some promise himself and would have at least gotten a look down the line.

Telfer has played everywhere down the flanks: winger, wide mid and fullback. We will definitely need cover there with Morrow still on the mend. I see this one as a one-year temporary deal, like when we signed Mark Pais to the first team last year to fill a hole at keeper after Irwin (I think?) got hurt. Of our wide options Telfer is the most flexible and most pro-ready at the moment. His ceiling is lower than other guys but I don't see this being a long-term move in any way, so it makes sense too.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know whatever happened to this guy:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince...o-fc-1.4511760

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC II reschedule the cancelled March 31st game against Ottawa Fury to Wednesday September 26th at 6:00pm (!) at Lamport Stadium.

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/907578?referrer_id=2333971

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Toronto FC II reschedule the cancelled March 31st game against Ottawa Fury to Wednesday September 26th at 6:00pm (!) at Lamport Stadium.

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/907578?referrer_id=2333971
    Lamport has very heavy rec/community use. The Toronto Sport and Social Club makes massive use of the faculty so I assume the 6 pm start has something to do with having to fit it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II is finally playing their first home match of the season, at BMO Field on Wednesday night, on what will presumably just be mud and dirt after the weather we've had and the CCL final first leg being played the night before.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    TFC II is finally playing their first home match of the season, at BMO Field on Wednesday night, on what will presumably just be mud and dirt after the weather we've had and the CCL final first leg being played the night before.

I'm totally prepared to receive an email saying the game has been postponed due to an unplayable pitch, we shall wait and see I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really surprised they have not cancelled it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I'm really surprised they have not cancelled it.
    Figuring that after postponing the first game and moving the second one , factoring the away team is from North Carolina they probably don’t want to do it again. Sure the league would appreciate that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II vs. North Carolina at BMO Field starts soon. First starts of the season for Hundal & Okello. Also Onkony has apparently returned (thought he had left until now as he's not listed on the team roster and hasn't been in an 18 until now). Facing Kyle Bekker who is now with NC.

Last edited by notthesun; 04-18-2018 at 07:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyle Bekker in action for North Carolina tonight down at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0-0 draw tonight, earning TFCII their first point of the 2018 season. Hundl has some great chances, needs to finish at least one of them. Aidan Daniels also looked good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okello looks smooooooth man. And again I am seriously in awe of how long this kid's legs are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April 28, 2018

my game report about the TFC II vs NYRB II game at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18tfc255.htm

then my transcript of the presser after with MOTM goalie Caleb Patterson-Sewell and head coach Laurent Guyot at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18tfc256.htm

uslsoccer.com posted attendance at 117. Quite a comedown from the 26331 at the TFC vs Chicago game that ended 90 minutes earlier.
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 04-29-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April 29, 2018 League 1 Ontario result of Toronto FC III 1 FC London 1
    my game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18l1o031.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    ... uslsoccer.com posted attendance at 117...
    I looked at Ticketmaster for the 11 a.m. Wednesday game and it appears there aren't any available, which I assume means they've sold enough to fill the lower east stand, or maybe they just weren't selling any to the rest of the general public? (not that I was planning on going).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heepster View Post
    I looked at Ticketmaster for the 11 a.m. Wednesday game and it appears there aren't any available, which I assume means they've sold enough to fill the lower east stand, or maybe they just weren't selling any to the rest of the general public? (not that I was planning on going).
    I assume it’s because Wednesday is school game. In the past the school day at BMO was a first team open practice. I have asked my rep about tickets, so likely response will come tomorrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just a quick walk down the street from Coxwell subway. With my schedule clear I will be heading down to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ouch, that cant be too motivating

not that empty BMO was either

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will actually be quite full. This is one of the 11am games that they will fill the stands with school kids. I don't even see the game on Ticketmaster.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a big fan of those school day games. Great atmosphere and they know how to get loud.

Went to couple Raps 905 games during school days, to where they even sold out the ACC for one of their games.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More school trip games might currently be the best market for them. What better way to engage the youth who then run home to talk about it. I still remember watching the Argos vs Roughriders that was organized for a school day 25 years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be late to this but I just read that the club is cutting it's Academy size by aging out groups 9-13?

In my head I can think of a theoretical reason for doing this but I doubt I'm right and i haven't seen anyone give a reason for this. Anyone know anything?