Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....been awhile since I've been around a bunch of 17 year old alpha males. The wind is playing havoc with the hair more then the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC had a real chance to advance, despite being outplayed as expected. They transitioned the ball quite well and showed skill...glad to have Cheyrou sighting.

Goalkeeper error led to 1st River goal and he couldn't save any of the 8 or 9 penalties. A bit odd that our lone forward De Rosario was not one of the many penalty takers, not complaining though he didn't look like one of our better players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    TFC had a real chance to advance, despite being outplayed as expected. They transitioned the ball quite well and showed skill...glad to have Cheyrou sighting.

Goalkeeper error led to 1st River goal and he couldn't save any of the 8 or 9 penalties. A bit odd that our lone forward De Rosario was not one of the many penalty takers, not complaining though he didn't look like one of our better players.
    Our Num 8 really stood out, IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received the email for our TFC2 season tickets, a perk of being a TFC season seat holder this year.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustratingly you have to go into each game and "purchase" them with the member presale code. And it asks for your full address info each time, despite being logged in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's a hassle and you can only access the first 3 games ..smh

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Frustratingly you have to go into each game and "purchase" them with the member presale code. And it asks for your full address info each time, despite being logged in.
    There will be a code for each month. The current one is for the first three home games. Tickets are not available for the April 28th match vs RBNY2 as its a double header with TFC.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    There will be a code for each month. The current one is for the first three home games. Tickets are not available for the April 28th match vs RBNY2 as its a double header with TFC.
    That makes sense, thank you.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give away thread for SSH giving away their TFC2 tickets for free.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...=1#post1866821

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recap from the previous day of action: https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...usy-day-dallas

For the Dallas Cup, TFC III play today at 2pm vs. Tigres needing a win to advance out of the group. U16s play tomorrow at 4pm vs. Regios FC and are currently first in their group.

In the GA Cup, the U17s finished 3rd in their group and will not advance. They'll play an extra placement game to close out the tournament.
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-28-2018 at 01:46 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2’s home opener on Saturday vs Ottawa has been postponed until a later date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems that Dallas Cup and GA Cup went poorly for TFC, at least that's my impression. Is this a function of the recent leadership turnover or just a normal ebb and flow transition time with the players currently in the academy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BMO Field pitch, with the weather and all the extra games due to CCL, is causing more complications:

Last week's supposed-to-be home opener against Ottawa was postponed, now the next home game is seemingly just becoming an away game? Rough for TFC II who are still looking for their first points of the season.

Then in a follow up tweet Platt points out TFC II's next scheduled home game is for the day after the first leg of the CCL final, which would likely be at BMO if we advance. So it might be a while until TFC II gets a home game this season. Not ideal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PITTSBURGH (April 5, 2018) – Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC has announced its originally scheduled road date against Toronto FC II on Saturday, April 7 has been moved to Highmark Stadium. Now scheduled to kick off at 3 p.m. this Saturday, the venue change comes due to unplayable field conditions at BMO Field.
    https://www.riverhounds.com/news_art...rer_id=2869741
    Appears that TFC II home game in Rochester and Riverhounds 'real' home game are not affected.
    Looks like we don't get to see Tim Bez's old club team at home this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    PITTSBURGH (April 5, 2018) – Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC has announced its originally scheduled road date against Toronto FC II on Saturday, April 7 has been moved to Highmark Stadium. Now scheduled to kick off at 3 p.m. this Saturday, the venue change comes due to unplayable field conditions at BMO Field.
    https://www.riverhounds.com/news_art...rer_id=2869741
    Appears that TFC II home game in Rochester and Riverhounds 'real' home game are not affected.
    Looks like we don't get to see Tim Bez's old club team at home this year.
    This is becoming a bit of a joke. Have a local backup plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    This is becoming a bit of a joke. Have a local backup plan.
    What ever happened to the place in Vaughn where they used to play?

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    What ever happened to the place in Vaughn where they used to play?
    Still there but it's not the best. I am pretty sure that Manning was pissed off with the place as they promised a lot and delivered a little.

Maybe OSC was booked for Sat and couldn't handle our game. It's interesting though because there are 3 TFCII "home" games in Rochester this year while Lamport is under construction and the schedule is tight at BMO. It looks like Manning may have pulled the cord too soon on the move from OSC.

It's a double edged sword though, as no one came to the TFCII games up in Vaughn. Now that they moved to BMO, there seems to be slightly more interest in getting to the games - if they actually ever play there at all.

I wonder if the April 18th game will be moved / postponed.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Still there but it's not the best. I am pretty sure that Manning was pissed off with the place as they promised a lot and delivered a little.

Maybe OSC was booked for Sat and couldn't handle our game. It's interesting though because there are 3 TFCII "home" games in Rochester this year while Lamport is under construction and the schedule is tight at BMO. It looks like Manning may have pulled the cord too soon on the move from OSC.

It's a double edged sword though, as no one came to the TFCII games up in Vaughn. Now that they moved to BMO, there seems to be slightly more interest in getting to the games - if they actually ever play there at all.

I wonder if the April 18th game will be moved / postponed.
    On the April 18th date I would think it should be ok, nothing is happening at BMO until then, it's the next event there. Now I truely believe they approach things differently when it comes to first team games vs TFCII one, where a MLS game would be played but they would quite happily get a USL one out of there. Don't know if the stands are even in place up at the OSC, it was TFC that brought them in each year. The ones used in 2015 were much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently VfL Wolfsburg has made three offers (the latest being six figures) to sign Noble Okello from TFC in which they rejected them all, despite the fact that he hasn't played much for TFC II.

Some say Liam Fraser, but this kid IMO has a better upside. I've always thought he looked promising with the u20s and in preseason early this year.

https://www.soctakes.com/2018/04/06/...on-bundesliga/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Apparently VfL Wolfsburg has made three offers (the latest being six figures) to sign Noble Okello from TFC in which they rejected them all, despite the fact that he hasn't played much for TFC II.

Some say Liam Fraser, but this kid IMO has a better upside. I've always thought he looked promising with the u20s and in preseason early this year.

This is pretty significant interest, assuming the report is accurate of course.

The timing isn't mentioned but it would have to be a deal for when he turns 18, no? International transfers require the player to be 18 or older.

Rejecting a $1 million+ fee with a sell-on clause is a big decision. Our staff must hold him in very high regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Rejecting a $1 million+ fee with a sell-on clause is a big decision. Our staff must hold him in very high regard.
    Right!

The thing is, I swear they could game the system and sign him to a MLS HG contract.... Then sell him to VfL Wolfsburg for 1M...and then transfer fee all gets converted to the coveted GAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The timing isn't mentioned but it would have to be a deal for when he turns 18, no? International transfers require the player to be 18 or older.

I've barely seen Fraser and haven't seen Okello, but despite the fact that they both play center mid aren't they different types of players? Not that you can't compare their talent levels, necessarily.

And six figures means $100,000 to $999,999, so who knows what Wolfsburg really offered. TFC doesn't need to accept $100k for basically any kid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait....I think I saw him down in Puchuca in the one Instagram post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Wait....I think I saw him down in Puchuca in the one Instagram post.
    That's Julian Dunn...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
    I've barely seen Fraser and haven't seen Okello, but despite the fact that they both play center mid aren't they different types of players? Not that you can't compare their talent levels, necessarily.
    Interesting question.
    But Okello reminds (I say this loosely) me of Atiba/Toure with the ability to beat defenders in the middle and advance the ball.

While Liam is an out and out CDM, breaks up plays, very organized and will find the creator. Bradley mold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you can sell a player before age 18,they just have to be loaned back to the team until he turns 18. I think I remember a lot of teams trying to sign Alphonso Davies from the Caps last year like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
    And six figures means $100,000 to $999,999, so who knows what Wolfsburg really offered. TFC doesn't need to accept $100k for basically any kid.
    Sorry, good correction, I misread the amount. Makes more sense we'd reject that. Still, the interest is intriguing.

I want to see how he looks in USL. Hasn't gotten minutes yet because Fraser started the first game and then he was with the academy at the Dallas Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, good correction, I misread the amount. Makes more sense we'd reject that. Still, the interest is intriguing.

I want to see how he looks in USL. Hasn't gotten minutes yet because Fraser started the first game and then he was with the academy at the Dallas Cup.
    Yeah, I just thought the article was intentionally misleading by saying that six figures is a big fee and that Okello is not being utilized at all. Six figures is not necessarily a big fee and Okello is 17 for chrissakes, he's not being buried. I do agree the interest is intriguing, but biggish European clubs do take dart throws all the time. Okello does seem to be the most hyped of the 17 year olds in the TFC system, though. I need to make a point of it to see him play. From what I've read, he seems to have a game that is easy to fall in love with when you first watch him, that long legged center mid who looks like he's two players and has some ability with the ball at his feet. Those types really stand out on first viewing as having huge potential.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's Julian Dunn...
    Me bad...I also keep getting Seba & Auro & Aketxe mixed up on those videos. Gotta learn the faces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I believe you can sell a player before age 18,they just have to be loaned back to the team until he turns 18. I think I remember a lot of teams trying to sign Alphonso Davies from the Caps last year like that
    You can't technically sign a player from another continent unless the player has another nationality (read passport) that allows the player freedom of movement. Pulisic, for instance, had a polish passport and was therefore allowed to move over early. Davies doesn't have a European passport so he can't leave Vancouver until his 18th birthday. You can do what say Real Madrid did for Vinicius Junior and agree on a transfer fee and contract that would go through the day of the 18th birthday, but the player would still be property of the former club until then.

From what I gather we have Okello for another year, and will probably sign him to a contract similar to Akinola's once he turns 18. It guarantees us a transfer fee no matter what happens to him and he still basically gets his choice of what to do with the rest of his career.

As it stands right now I don't think any transfer fee we'd receive would go towards GAM. I think he'd have to be signed to the first team for us to get any compensation that would count towards the cap.