Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton scored again last night. Now at 8 goals in 10 USL games this season. He's done with this level.

We'd better reward him with MLS minutes in the last games of the season now that we're out. Hope he gets a start or two also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Hamilton scored again last night. Now at 8 goals in 10 USL games this season. He's done with this level.

We'd better reward him with MLS minutes in the last games of the season now that we're out. Hope he gets a start or two also.
    i totally agree with you. I say we start him the last 3 games and see what he can do with consistent minutes. I also think we should do the same with Telfer and Fraser. Give the guys who are away with international teams a much needed rest. Yes I know we would like to help stop the Impact make the play-offs and prevent Atlanta from breaking our points record, however I think it’s more important to look to next season and evaluate our fringe players while we have the opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe thats his level...he thrives there but doesn't in MLS. He's somewhere in between, but he hasnt shown much playing at the MLS level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hamilton plays in the DC game because Seba is coming back from Europe & Jozy is probably going to rest that ankle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Or maybe thats his level...he thrives there but doesn't in MLS. He's somewhere in between, but he hasnt shown much playing at the MLS level.
    Maybe. I did say on the previous page he might be one of those borderline guys. Still, I'd like to see us give him a chance to close out the year, since the season is over, as things stand he's our first option off the bench for a target striker next season (assuming Ricketts leave which I think is almost a guarantee), and he just deserves it. If you perform this well you should be rewarded with senior team minutes.
    Last edited by notthesun; 10-11-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this kid has been around since he was 16 or so. Progress has been a little slow but maybe we shouldn’t discount his recent form in USL so much, he’s still 22.

IIRC Dom Dwyer began dominating the USL at a similar age. Perhaps he’s just a late bloomer at the full MLS stage?

Not to say I necessarily agree with all that but it’s a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian Dunn, Luca Uccello are names i haven't read in a while, are they injured? Even Gideon Waja's name hasn't been seen in a while though looks like his father passed in the last week or so. Maybe I missed something but i don't think they have been on a sheet since August.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-...1897-preview-1

TFC representation in the U-20 Canada squad for the 2018 CONCACAF U-20 Championship:

Julian Dunn
    Noble Okello
    Dante Campbell
    Terique Mohammed
    Rocco Romeo
    Jordan Peruzza

And also Steffen Yeates who was with TFC II before moving to the NCAA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. TFC II himself Luca Uccello is gone, joining Memphis 901 FC, who I just learned existed, for their inaugural season next year in USL Championship (rebrand of the top division of USL, so same level as before with TFC II).

I suspect some other more senior TFC II players may do the same and join other USL sides that are staying in the top division rather than stick with TFC II who are moving down to what will be USL League One to better accommodate their younger roster.

https://www.memphis901fc.com/news_article/show/963796

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. TFC II himself Luca Uccello is gone, joining Memphis 901 FC, who I just learned existed, for their inaugural season next year in USL Championship (rebrand of the top division of USL, so same level as before with TFC II).

I suspect some other more senior TFC II players may do the same and join other USL sides that are staying in the top division rather than stick with TFC II who are moving down to what will be USL League One to better accommodate their younger roster.

Defender Wesley Charpie (an American) played for TFC II in 2015 and 2016.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the announcement was made regarding TFCII moving down to what has become USL League One, it got me thinking could an MLS team that has moved their II team down to the D3 level also have an USL affiliate at the D2 level? It would allow for the team to have a player suit up at a higher level if needed.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    After the announcement was made regarding TFCII moving down to what has become USL League One, it got me thinking could an MLS team that has moved their II team down to the D3 level also have an USL affiliate at the D2 level? It would allow for the team to have a player suit up at a higher level if needed.
    It would probably go back to the original days of the USL affiliations, loan those that are above D3 but not yet at MLS status
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    It would probably go back to the original days of the USL affiliations, loan those that are above D3 but not yet at MLS status
    Manning spoke about growing the player pool of professional contracts, from the first team on down to TFC III, and the role that loans out to NA, SA and EU clubs would have to play.

There was no mention of an affiliate, but I agree that would be ideal to have in the mix, as the relationship would be crucial to keeping tabs and setting goals for the player, while away.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/1...tober-30-2018?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 CONCACAF U-20 Championship under way. Akinola had 2 goals for the U.S. in a 7-1 win over Puerto Rico (the 4th and 6th):

And Canada won 4-0 over Dominica, Noble Okello with 2 goals and Julian Dunn captained the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canada lost to St.Kitts a country that has a population the size of my old high school at the U20 World Cup qualifying in Florida, this Canadian U20 team is stacked with a lot of TFC Academy players. If you are a coach or are in any way associated with TFC Academy you should be ashamed of yourself your basically stealing money from MLSE , give up and get into a different line of work you guys have no fucking clue on how to develop players!!
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 11-09-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Canada lost to St.Kitts a country that has a population the size of my old high school at the U20 World Cup qualifying in Florida, this Canadian U20 team is stacked with a lot of TFC Academy players. If you are a coach or are in any way associated with TFC Academy you should be ashamed of yourself your basically stealing money from MLSE , give up and get into a different line of work you guys have no fucking clue on how to develop players!!
    I just read a similar statement on the Voyageur board ... 1996 ? I agree the St Kitts result was embarrassing and the coaches post game interview complete BS, but it wasnt really TFC's players that disappointed. Okelo and Dunn held their own, Mtl Academied #6 guy OMG what a disaster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My annual summary of Soccer in the Toronto area covering my opinion on TFC, TFC II, League 1 Ontario, the new CPL , and the Canadian national teams when they play around the GTA.
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18l1o269.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observations at the League 1Ontario Awards Gala held on Sunday November 25th. All the awardwinners listed.

Scroll down the pictures and you can see Kunle Dada-Luke accepting the award for Young Player of the Year.

Should be the last in a three in a row streak since TFC III have left the league to join USSDA.
    (Kota Sakurai won in 2016 and Cyrus Rollocks in 2017).

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18l1o278.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malik Johnson signs with Tampa Bay Rowdies

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Malik Johnson signs with Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Disapointed, thought this kid could have a future here. At only 20 years old with 75 USL appearances plus two with the first team I think he has a bright future. Plus he is just such a good kid, very humble and down to earth. Wish him the best.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Disapointed, thought this kid could have a future here. At only 20 years old with 75 USL appearances plus two with the first team I think he has a bright future. Plus he is just such a good kid, very humble and down to earth. Wish him the best.
    I share the same belief. Has me wondering what TFCII's purpose really is now. Is it just simply an extension of the academy or of the first team?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II's schedule partially released on USL site.

Opener on the road Sat April 13th at 7:30PM vs FC Tucson.

Home opener on Friday May 24th at 4:00PM vs FC Tucson. So they trade home openers (I'm sure with TFC II playing a lot of away games in between. From what I've heard at the L1O (Ontario) awards gala a few weeks ago, their home games will be up at the Training Centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly a young Jamaican on trial named Nicque Daley

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCII Full USL-1 schedule released. All home games are 4pm or 11am (for the two school games). All games at BMO Training Facility.

Not even trying to assume that supporters will be going to these games. As a first season TFCII season ticket holder, this is disappointing. I'll probably take the odd Friday off to see one or two of these games.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/1...dule-announced
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Not even trying to assume that supporters will be going to these games. As a first season TFCII season ticket holder, this is disappointing. I'll probably take the odd Friday off to see one or two of these games.
    Yeah, the location itself makes it unfriendly for anyone to go and spectate unless they have lots of free time. As someone who was glad to be able to watch TFC II games for free last season, the upcoming season will be a big struggle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rather they give us a discount if this is how they are going to do it. A perk basically no one can use. I gave away my ticket to all the home games at Lamport last year, so at least it wasn't a total waste. If they didn't have so many scheduling issues + the idiotic mobile ticketing redemption system, turn out would have been better. It's a shame the FO doesn't want to give it a proper try this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I rather they give us a discount if this is how they are going to do it. A perk basically no one can use. I gave away my ticket to all the home games at Lamport last year, so at least it wasn't a total waste. If they didn't have so many scheduling issues + the idiotic mobile ticketing redemption system, turn out would have been better. It's a shame the FO doesn't want to give it a proper try this year.
    I'm surprised that they don't have an opt-out option with TFC II for this season. Tickets themselves are already inexpensive, and barely anyone would be around to watch them. I should probably bring this up with my account manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing downtown, perhaps at Lamport on a regular basis would increase the attendance. Playing in USL II might help as well as they should be competitive in that division.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    I'm surprised that they don't have an opt-out option with TFC II for this season. Tickets themselves are already inexpensive, and barely anyone would be around to watch them. I should probably bring this up with my account manager.
    No season ticket holders was actually paying for TFCII tickets last year, they were a free perk just like they are in 2019.