Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September 6th, 2018 TFC II 3 Ottawa Fury 4
    Crowd of 207 Who were the supporter's group that were here tonight? Their big flag was that Suppotu soccer playing game logo (finger football)...sorry I'm not sure. I was surprized they left the stadium at 65 minutes but they reformed outside the south end in the parking lot behind the iron fencing to chant behind the goal.
    TFC dropped six MLS semi-regulars (nothing to do in international break) defenders Ashton Morgan, Nick Hagglund, Jason Hernandez (captain)
    midfielders Ryan Telfer and Jon Bakero, forward Jordan Hamilton.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Crowd of 207 Who were the supporter's group that were here tonight? Their big flag was that Suppotu soccer playing game logo (finger football)...
    That flag was last seen in Ottawa almost getting burnt to a crisp.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the highlights and the goals we gave up....yikes.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Crowd of 207 Who were the supporter's group that were here tonight? Their big flag was that Suppotu soccer playing game logo (finger football)...sorry I'm not sure. I was surprized they left the stadium at 65 minutes but they reformed outside the south end in the parking lot behind the iron fencing to chant behind the goal.
    They're basically the successors to the Inebriatti (or the Inebriatti rebranding themselves). Most of the spectators gave them bad looks, whilst a few that I heard threw shade at them. I was hoping that a few of the fans would join in with them, but no one joined into tthe "TFC!" chants that I tried to sustain.

Regarding our performance, I'd have thought that our senior defence would have been solid and supported our midfield, but the defence looked more unsettled than they should have been. Hernandez led the whole team, but Hagglund looked horrible. He didn't know whether to commit or stay back in his position. He also spent lots of time ball-watching, which surprised me given that he's supposed to be an MLS-level defender. Morgan wasn't any better, and Dante is better off in the midfield than in full back.

Having said that, an Okello-Srbely midfield offers 0 protection for the defence, and it showed from the very beginning. Ottawa were truly up for it, whilst our younger players seemed to look up to the more experienced members, who didn't even bother leading them (except for Hernandez). I like that Rabasca is giving time to Okello and Srbely in roles that they should be comfortable in after a couple of years. I don't see Srbely being good enough as a #10; he doesn't make enough runs past the opposition defence, he rarely takes on opposition markers, and his playmaking is much more useful deeper in the midfield. Okello's physicality and technique makes him perfect for a B2B role, but he needs to take control of his body and rely less on his size and strength. Hopefully our season in the USL D3 can help them as well as Daniels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September 6, 2018 Toronto FC II 3 Ottawa Fury 4 I got my game report published in Waking The Red http://www.wakingthered.com/2018/9/9...ario-derby-usl

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh keeps on rolling this evening with another goal in TFCII's matchup at NYRBII. He now has 5 goals in eight games with TFCII.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Endoh keeps on rolling this evening with another goal in TFCII's matchup at NYRBII. He now has 5 goals in eight games with TFCII.
    Yes, plus an assist, and a couple more goals created off his play though without appearing on the scoresheet.

Could be playing himself into a depth role with the senior squad next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton also has 6 goals and an assist in seven games with TFCII

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh just keeps on scoring with some real beauties. He is one fire today with a ha-trick at Cincinnati.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci better replace that pitch before next season as it basically concrete.

TFCII defence is really bad.

And USL level refs are even worse - I read something this weekend that they are paid less then US college soccer refs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Endoh just keeps on scoring with some real beauties. He is one fire today with a ha-trick at Cincinnati.
    Endoh is looking very confident. He's getting the job done for TFC II. Perhaps a call-up is due.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday September 18, 2018 League 1 Ontario
    Vaughan Azzurri 6 Toronto FC III 0

my match report at:
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18l1o234.htm

last ever L1O game for TFC III.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...rs-2019-season

Three signings made for TFC II for next season.

Don't know anything about the other two but Mohammed could have a future at LB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September 26, 2018 Toronto FC II 0 Ottawa Fury 1

I got my game report published in Waking The Red

https://www.wakingthered.com/2018/9/28/17913794/penalty-kick-sees-tfc-ii-fall-1-0-to-ottawa-fury-toronto-fc-usl-ontario-derby
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 09-28-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly CMNT semi-regular and Liverpool U-23 standout Liam Millar tried out for TFCA and was told he was too small at the time. Signed for Fulham 3 months later and the rest is history.

No sour grapes on Liam’s part so good for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Supposedly CMNT semi-regular and Liverpool U-23 standout Liam Millar tried out for TFCA and was told he was too small at the time. Signed for Fulham 3 months later and the rest is history.

No sour grapes on Liam’s part so good for him.
    \

Good enough for Liverpool but not for TFC? Lmao.

TFC is criminally squandering the talent it has available in the GTA.
    Last edited by Richard; 09-29-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

TFC is criminally squandering the talent it has available in the GTA.
    Agreed. You know things are bad when a play-for-play pseudo agency is producing nearly as many players as your fully funded academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Agreed. You know things are bad when a play-for-play pseudo agency is producing nearly as many players as your fully funded academy.
    Are you talking about Sigma FC? The costs associated with SAAC academies aren't much different from the costs for OPDL clubs. I'm just sad that TFCA can't find the poorer kids who don't have money to get into the system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Are you talking about Sigma FC? The costs associated with SAAC academies aren't much different from the costs for OPDL clubs. I'm just sad that TFCA can't find the poorer kids who don't have money to get into the system.
    unfortunately the sport is turning into hockey where if you have the money you'll succeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    This is the big missed opportunity. The player of a generation would not be lacing em up for Canada today (or maybe any team) if not for for a charity in Edmonton that allows under privileged kids to play.

We need to fix this on all levels. It shouldn’t be an expensive sport to play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly:

Sigma head honcho named head coach & tech director for the Hamilton CPL team

If I was a supporter of that team, I'd be asking what walls are set up to prevent the sort of stuff we saw with Mo Johnston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking in with TFC II's stats after last game in which Endoh and Hamilton both scored...

Endoh now leads the team with 8 goals, also has 1 assist, and is second on the team in chances created. This is all in 12 games, versus a number of players that have played 20+.

Hamilton is second on the team in goals with 7 in just 9 games.

I think Endoh has probably played his way into a first team contract next year. As for Hamilton, maybe he's just a AAAA player as they say in hockey (good enough to dominate minor leagues but can't put it together at the top level), but I would like to see him get more of a look. We should part ways with Ricketts and Hamilton should be first off the bench unless we sign another striker.

Also, Akinola has 5 goals and an assist in 13 games, not a bad start at all for the kid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the meeting of TFC supporters organized by MLSE and held before the Toronto vs Vancouver game today after the fans were dispersing and I was talking to Bill Manning, he said TFC II are going to play at the BMO Training Ground (that's up in Downsview where L1O TFC III and its USSDA successor plays) next year in a soon to be constructed 1200 seat stadium. They seem to be disappointed at the high rent they pay for Lamport (so much for me thinking they owned it or had a special arrangement). That sounds like another reason they've dropped from the USL new Premier to the 1st Division as the stadium standards aren't so high. All those hipsters who wanted TFC II downtown instead of at Ontario Soccer Centre and saw their crowds plummet from 700 to 1000 to last night's season finale against Louisville City with uslsoccer.com stats of 128. (one hundred twenty eight) and I'd say at least 40 were cheering the visitors--not all relatives of Pickering's own Greg Ranjatsingh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, thats kinda bullshit. Having TFC2 tickets included in the package was one reason for the price increase this year. If they are going up to Downsview next year it will be even worse. I was giving my tickets to people who could make it to Lamport and they were enjoying it. I'm sure Manning realizes that the major scheduling issues that TFC2 had and the ridiculous redemption nature of the tickets had something to do with it. So many people in my section had no idea about the TFC2 tickets until I told them you have to manually grab them. Put the tickets in the damn package next year and let me give a whole booklet out. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    You know what, thats kinda bullshit. Having TFC2 tickets included in the package was one reason for the price increase this year. If they are going up to Downsview next year it will be even worse. I was giving my tickets to people who could make it to Lamport and they were enjoying it. I'm sure Manning realizes that the major scheduling issues that TFC2 had and the ridiculous redemption nature of the tickets had something to do with it. So many people in my section had no idea about the TFC2 tickets until I told them you have to manually grab them. Put the tickets in the damn package next year and let me give a whole booklet out. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
    I'd rather have had cardboard tickets too. The only choice was on the Ticketmaster app and could only be downloaded onto the app about two weeks before the game. Then when I was at the gate, the app would just spin and spin signing on before the ticket--barcode would eventually appear maybe five minutes later. This could be trouble if TFC admission becomes like this and 25000+ are trying to crush through the gates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my story of the TFC II vs Louisville game published on Waking the Red.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2018/10/8/17950654/Toronto-fc-tfc-ii-overpowered-by-Louisville-city-in-final-lamport-stadium-appearance-perruzza

geez I hope that address works. If it doesn't just find Waking The Red.com then under the category 'TFC II'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man TFC II is soo bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its too bad TFC II wont be continuing at Lamport. I think if they did they actually put some promotion into it then they could have built a nice little scene there. Maybe not exactly the size of what the Wolfpack puts on but something similar I have no doubt you could pull decent crowds and probably a good supporter scene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola has looked way more nervous in his recent games than when he first entered the scene. He seems to be playing less instinctively, and as a result, his decision-making has become worse. His passes are wayward, and he rushes almost everything he does. From what I've seen, his teammates seem to urge him to take quicker decisions, and that causes Akinola to become unsure of himself. When he was bursting into the scene earlier, he played with more freedom and confidence. He knew what he was doing, and he didn't hesitate on any occasion.

I wonder if the coaching staff are wanting him to facilitate the build-up some more and get involved in creating chances as well. That might be why he looks like a different player.