Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol bash him and he scores.

Akinola has been havin a good game alone up top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kubel has also been horrendous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCII is still terrible what's new. Kyle Bjornethun another awful defender.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to watch that game. I haven't seen much of Kubel yet, I like Cavalluzzo but he's out for a bit. And he's quite short for a keeper.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday May 26, 2018 TFC II 2 Tampa Bay Rowdies 4
    played at BMO Field in front of 141 (says USL site) about 30 were Rowdies fans.
    Where are all you downtown fans?
    my game report you'll have to read at Waking The Red (as for some internet legal reason I have to write something different on my own
    site). I'll be busy tomorrow at L1O Cup games (which I'll also have to write twice). So WTR is you want timely news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-0 loss to Ottawa last night and Guyot has reportedly accepted an overseas job.

Not sure what to think about all this. Results are terrible, yet we’re still getting players to the first team.

I’ll be interested to see how the club adjusts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Drew Shepherd had quite a collision last night and had to get stretchered off. Anyone have any details on that?

Kloke is confirming interest in Guyot to a newly promoted Belgian team.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    3-0 loss to Ottawa last night and Guyot has reportedly accepted an overseas job.

Not sure what to think about all this. Results are terrible, yet we’re still getting players to the first team.

I’ll be interested to see how the club adjusts.
    I'd take a real look at moving TFC II to USL D3 next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Apparently Drew Shepherd had quite a collision last night and had to get stretchered off. Anyone have any details on that?

Kloke is confirming interest in Guyot to a newly promoted Belgian team.
    I was at the Fury game last night and got pics. It was ugly - Sheppard charged off the line to clear a ball, but the Fury striker flew in swiftly and got his head to it first, where they immediately collided face first with a loud crack-smack. The Fury attacker went down and stayed down. Sheppard staggered to his feet and wobbled for about 10 yards, trying to signal for a sub while holding his lower face before collapsing again. Credit to the trainers, they waited until the ref waved them on before they sprinted to each player. They showed the replay on the big screen twice and both times the crowd went "OOOOOoooooohhhhhh...." After about 6 minutes, the Fury player was able to get up, but was subbed out immediately. It took about 6 more minutes before they were able to haul Sheppard onto the stretcher and off the field. Unfortuanately, they called it against the keeper so the Fury got a Penalty Kick, which they scored to make it 1-0. There were 10 minutes of added time at the end of the first half.

I noticed Guyot doing a lot of gesticulating on the sidelines to his players during the game - he seemed really involved rather than letting the team play. He also earned some ire from the officials for raising his hands whenever he felt a Fury player was in an offside position (can't blame him - the officials weren't great). I'll need to see more of him to figure out if he's a good coach or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...ing-toronto-fc

Will be VERY interesting to see who they bring in to run the academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Josh Klokes article on Guyot leaving...

A source told The Athletic that TFC is considering moving TFC II into a different league in the future to better accommodate for the development of young players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    From Josh Klokes article on Guyot leaving...
    I'd like to see it. We've done a decent job preparing players for the first team but it would be good for everyone to win a few more games here and there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they end up canning TFCII and rebranding them the Toronto Blizzard, playing in CPL. The casual fan would never suspect they're a TFC farm team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I wonder if they end up canning TFCII and rebranding them the Toronto Blizzard, playing in CPL. The casual fan would never suspect they're a TFC farm team.
    Don't think CPL leadership has any interest whatsoever in MLS farm teams, nor should they IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE asked about TFC II in CPL. CPL said no - rightly so.

They'll move down to USL 3. The bigger issue is leadership in the academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it defeats the purpose of the academy to play against weaker opposition, since it doesn't prepare them as well to play in a higher division league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it defeats the purpose of the academy to play against weaker opposition, since it doesn't prepare them as well to play in a higher division league.
    This is true.
    But it is also equally true that being the perrennial dead last (or in best case the second dead last) in the whole USL is very detrimental to the formation of the winning mentality of the young players.

So which gives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must be off on understanding what TFC 2 represents considering they are indicating it's a place to learn for our younger players; but they don't strive to win as that's not important is what the rep for the team indicated to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am concerned that there is more to the story of Guyot leaving than meets the eye and the Toronto sports media who follow TFC aren't reporting or investigating it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Rabasca is the new head coach of TFC II..too bad they didn't go with Pozniak who has a pdl championship..looks like another Vanney connection

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...-ii-head-coach

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...?autoplay=true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Michael Rabasca is the new head coach of TFC II..too bad they didn't go with Pozniak who has a pdl championship..looks like another Vanney connection

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...-ii-head-coach

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...?autoplay=true
    An in house hire makes sense, thought it could have been Danny Dichio currently the head coach of TFCIII in L1O, guess they did not want to distrupt the setup further.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    MLSE asked about TFC II in CPL. CPL said no - rightly so.

They'll move down to USL 3. The bigger issue is leadership in the academy.
    Need a TFC development team and a True TFC II reserve team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three games summarized in League 1 Ontario this weekend for Waking The Red including the TFCIII vs Aurora FC game...
    https://www.wakingthered.com/2018/6/...io-tfc-academy
    more pictures, lineups, and details on my own site in a day or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the installing of the new artificial turf at Lamport Stadium has been finished and the rugby team has already been back playing there, is it now ready for TFC2 ? I don't see anything official yet about it elsewhere, but I noticed on TicketBastard that apparently the June 27 match against Cincinnati has been moved to Lamport.
    http://www1.ticketmaster.ca/toronto-...00546EDD5D7E07

Also, there was no live stream on Saturday from Rochester.
    http://www.indianasportscoverage.com...rated-weekend/
    Last edited by Heepster; 06-18-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if you can't see em, they'll still lose.

TFCII need D3 asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Need a TFC development team and a True TFC II reserve team
    see I don't understand why that is? Like, every time we call up players who have spent a quite a bit of time with TFC 2 they always look better with the first team, and at this point we're starting to establish a reasonable number of players who've come through that pipeline in just a few short years.

I guess what I'm saying is these guys might be losing a lot, and they may seem like they're not getting better, but as a whole TFC 2 is doing it's job pretty well in terms of its actual intended purpose which is to develop players and get them ready for first team action. Why do we need to coddle these kids even more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    see I don't understand why that is? Like, every time we call up players who have spent a quite a bit of time with TFC 2 they always look better with the first team, and at this point we're starting to establish a reasonable number of players who've come through that pipeline in just a few short years.

I guess what I'm saying is these guys might be losing a lot, and they may seem like they're not getting better, but as a whole TFC 2 is doing it's job pretty well in terms of its actual intended purpose which is to develop players and get them ready for first team action. Why do we need to coddle these kids even more?

because we need some guys to be the future and we need some guys to be game day ready (who might always be depth). We don't have game day ready

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    because we need some guys to be the future and we need some guys to be game day ready (who might always be depth). We don't have game day ready
    Exactly 2 months ago (and still now) desperately needed a CB in game shape ready to step in. Instead signed Dunn who is nowhere ready and Hernandez who was no where close to game-ready. Playing time for the prospects is the ultimate goal for sure but maybe should also consider a few more experienced players to guide them and also step up to TFC in emergencies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Exactly 2 months ago (and still now) desperately needed a CB in game shape ready to step in. Instead signed Dunn who is nowhere ready and Hernandez who was no where close to game-ready. Playing time for the prospects is the ultimate goal for sure but maybe should also consider a few more experienced players to guide them and also step up to TFC in emergencies
    b4 tfc2, there was a reserve league that was run like a joke

We need that back. can even be set up a 10-12 friendlies spread out over the first 2/3 of the season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Sunday TFC III beat Windsor TFC 10-0 with a few TFC guys like Lars Eckenrode and Tim Kubel slumming it with the teenagers. Ten guys on the day's roster were born in year 2000.
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...8/18l1o114.htm