Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 2 - TFC @ Montreal Sat March 17 3pm - I want more, Impossible to Ignore

I know I felt like this before
    But now I'm feeling it even more
    Because it came from you
    Then I open up and see
    The person falling here is me
    A different way to be

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure we will see some of the regulars rested, especially after traveling back from that epic battle in Monterrey coupled with that crappy turf at the Big O. Will be interesting to see how Greg approaches it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm expecting a bit of a hangover performance in this game. However we had a high quality bench tonight, they'll have something to prove in Montreal. Also I wish TFC would finally re-sign Hernandez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give Aketxe the start in Vazquez's role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm expecting a bit of a hangover performance in this game. However we had a high quality bench tonight, they'll have something to prove in Montreal. Also I wish TFC would finally re-sign Hernandez.
    Absent Piatti our second IX is on par with MTL.

Hernandez....hmmm I okay with them giving that spot to a younger player. We're deep enough, and confident enough that we don't need an old head like him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Absent Piatti our second IX is on par with MTL.

Hernandez....hmmm I okay with them giving that spot to a younger player. We're deep enough, and confident enough that we don't need an old head like him.
    With Mavinga & Morrow possibly injured, and Hagglund, Zavaleta & Moor all looking iffy at times, I think we need someday like Hernandez for a few special occasions, unless he's also lost a step. He had a really calming effect when he was called upon a few times last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're in for a loss. The Impact players know that Joey cheese is going to give them the hairdryer treatment if they lose their third in a row to their hated rival, so they'll come out with guns blazing. TFC is going to be worn out after that epic clash and we'll see a lot of second stringers. I think it will be a successful game if TFC can walk away with a draw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they beat us 5-3 at bmo last year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We go best XI and we beat their sorry asses.

This is Montreal, we have a big group supporting the team... we are the champions, we win this game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This is Montreal, we have a big group supporting the team... we are the champions, we win this game.
    Couidnt agree with you anymore. Massive game, any game against your rivals is a must win.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Pretty sure we will see some of the regulars rested, especially after traveling back from that epic battle in Monterrey coupled with that crappy turf at the Big O. Will be interesting to see how Greg approaches it.
    I agree. Also it must be time for Clint Irwin to be given a game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need to play starters for this.

players have a break til march 30th after the game and you have 1K + fans traveling down to see their team vs a big rival.

every game vs MTL is huge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also.... we go best XI every single time until Concacaf is done.

We are playing Mexican teams that are mostly through their season. We know we were lucky against Tigres, we need to work on our game to win this.

We can do squad rotation in May.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think we're in for a loss. The Impact players know that Joey cheese is going to give them the hairdryer treatment if they lose their third in a row to their hated rival, so they'll come out with guns blazing. TFC is going to be worn out after that epic clash and we'll see a lot of second stringers. I think it will be a successful game if TFC can walk away with a draw.
    I disagree.
    Getting a loss in Montreal after we lost with Columbus at home should be a very remote possibility, would mean a horrible, horrible MLS season start.
    It just can't happen, that would be a too hard kick in the nuts for the club and supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also.... we go best XI every single time until Concacaf is done.

We are playing Mexican teams that are mostly through their season. We know we were lucky against Tigres, we need to work on our game to win this.

We can do squad rotation in May.
    Too many games in a short period of time. Three key players are already injured. This is when you rotate players. All big teams playing
    in multiple competitions do it. We cannot risk any more injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Predictions

I think we'll see rotation in Irwin and the defense because Moor has deffo lost a step and we need to start prepping his replacement for the faster games. Midfield will be the same except Aketxe will start for Delgado and Hamilton will start for Jozy, with Ricketts coming off the Bench for Seba in the second half.

That gives the new guys minutes to blend with the starters, as well as rotating some of the tired guys.

We will win 2-1

We will continue to berate the Impact fans for sucking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than the players that are nursing injuries, I see no reason not to dress our best starting eleven for this match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will except mix of starters and bench players in starting line up for this game.

Also keep in mind that this Montreal home opener and they're desperate for points. So I except Montreal to go all out in this game.

It's going to be a tough game for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we beat them regardless, they are a poor side. They have CB injuries, Petrasso is not MLS starter level, and Piette struggles to cover all the ground he needs to. Edwards looks a little lost on the right side.Outside of Piatti and Hammel there isn’t much to like.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I will except mix of starters and bench players in starting line up for this game.

Also keep in mind that this Montreal home opener and they're desperate for points. So I except Montreal to go all out in this game.

It's going to be a tough game for TFC.
    I would tend to agree, as there are bench guys we need to get going a bit, as well as new starters (VdW, Aketxe in particular) that still need to get into the flow of our system.

As much as everyone thinks Irwin will get the start, I say Bono still plays as there is the short Int'l break next week then 3 in 8 days at home again (2 MLS, 1 CCL) --> Irwin will get either DC or RSL.

VdW will stay on the right, Hagglund, Zavs and Moor in the middle (out of necessity), and Morgan may get sent out just to see how he now fits (Auro can come on if he stinks up the joint of course, but I think he'd be serviceable).

Bradley ... of course.

I would love to see Chapman get a start as a forward thinking-mid with Aketxe.

Ricketts and Seba up front (Seba only 45-60 minutes, then Hamilton).

Jozy on the bench (in case we need a late one), Fraser, Hamilton, Irwin, Mavinga/Morrow (whichever is healthy enough), Vazquez, Auro
    Last edited by Cas87; 03-15-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a different starting 11 as well...

Irwin should get the start
    Hagglund will more than likely start in place of Mavinga with Moor & Zavaleta
    I see both Aketche & Vazquez start with Vanderviel & Auro & Bradley
    At striker, I see them giving Giovinco a rest, leaving Altidore with either Ricketts or Hamilton

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, no Jozy and Giovinco. I hate that garbage turf at Big O. Sub in if TFC is losing.
    Sit out Vasquez. No need to risk further injury.
    What's the status on Morrow and Mavinga injuries?
    I'd give Morgan a start, also Aketxe. Hamilton and Ricketts up front.

There's a 2 week break after this game, so not too concerned about fatigue. And this year's IMFC team sucks, except for Piatti. Go aggressive and expose their weak defence.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    For me, no Jozy and Giovinco. I hate that garbage turf at Big O. Sub in if TFC is losing.
    Sit out Vasquez. No need to risk further injury.
    What's the status on Morrow and Mavinga injuries?
    I'd give Morgan a start, also Aketxe. Hamilton and Ricketts up front.

There's a 2 week break after this game, so not too concerned about fatigue. And this year's IMFC team sucks, except for Piatti. Go aggressive and expose their weak defence.
    Yeah, but we can't go too far in the subs because we really need to get something from this game. Can't afford to start the season with 2 losses, regardless of success in the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I care about every game. But at this point,our first focus should be the CL, and we should rest our players as needed for CL purposes, and use this as an opportunity to test our less tested/experienced players, as sooner or later we may need them all.

I will not be upset if we get not points, but I would be upset by a poor performance, we need to get better each week. I expect us to win CL and win the league again, both in terms of most points and ultimate champs. So we need to be progressing toward that goal.

( Yes that is right. I set TFC seasons goals. That is my responsibility)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    For me, no Jozy and Giovinco. I hate that garbage turf at Big O....
    I heard they got their astroturf replaced... Could be wrong, but if I'm wrong I could've been right!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    need to play starters for this.

players have a break til march 30th after the game and you have 1K + fans traveling down to see their team vs a big rival.

every game vs MTL is huge.
    ^^^ This

Play the best we have that are healthy... we cant afford to be 0-2 to start the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somoene explain to me the dire consequences of losing our first two games. I feel like I'm missing somethingg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    somoene explain to me the dire consequences of losing our first two games. I feel like I'm missing somethingg.
    wouldn't you rather win this game? why would you rest guys when they aren't playing another game for 2 weeks?

also they had no game last weekend.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney speaks

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...?autoplay=true

From this I expect a full team on Saturday.

(the Mavinga discussion is interesting - look for him to take a month off in the summer)