Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - March 10-11

No Friday games yet

Saturday

Montreal @ Columbus
    1pm- Montreal didn't look bad last week but its going to take awhile for them to gel together. My question about Columbus though is whether their defence can handle Piatti. That and one game Edwards is going to go off - hope its this week. 2-1 Montreal - Why watch this game? We play the Impact in a week

Colorado @ NER 1:30pm- Two worst teams in the league, in theory. NER looked horrible last week & have been undisciplined from preseason game 1. The Rapids season really begins today. I think they might sneak one point here. 1-1 Why watch this game? Because you need an afternoon nap.

LAFC @ RSL 3:30pm - LAFC held on for their historic win last week (only the second team to win their first ever game - guess who coached the first one?) while RSL rode Rimando almost long enough to steal 3 points. 2 good tactical coaches with two decent enough rosters. RSL's offence is better with a good midfield link. LAFC is a work in progress. 3-1 RSL. Why watch this game? RSL is turning it around while LAFC is well coached - we play RSL in 3 weeks.

SKC @ Chicago 6pm - Chicago's first game. Their attack without Accam is a question mark. Midfield is skilled but aging. Defence still does not match the rest of the East. SKC has everything but the ability to score goals. 1-1 Why watch this match? Chicago's frenetic midfeild versus SKC's possession game (they no longer press)

Vancouver @ Houston 6pm - Two teams with big hopes for this season. Vancouver's offence does just enough but can their defence hold out against the pace of Houston's attack. Houston demolished & held Atlanta. Robinson's group in theory is not as tough. 2-0 Houston Why watch this game? Offence with pace versus defensive structure

Portland @ NYRB 7pm- Red bulls havn't played this season but are in the middle of a huge battle with Tijuana. Portland on a road trip until their stadium expansion opens in April. They really needed to do better against LAG. NYRB has the depth to handle Portland. 3-1 NYRB Why watch this game? Going to be a lot of young players out there today but Kaku for NYRB should get a full start & he is something the New Jersey team has never really had in terms of chance creation.

Minnesota @ Orlando 7:30pm - The Loons are not good - except in attack. Orlando's defence is still suspect. Orlando doesn't have everybody back yet but should have enough offence to kill this game quick and hold on. 4-2 Orlando Why you should watch this game? If you have this thing for lower division car crash type games, this will be it. Spills, thrills and more

Sunday

DCU @ Atlanta 3pm - DCU beat Atlanta 3 times last year. Yup - Olsen beat Martino. Outcoachd him every time. Atlanta fans are saying DCU never played in their stadium so this is going to change. We shall see. DCU didn't look great after going up by a man against Orlando. Atlanta should not be reading their press clippings after getting smacked down last week. I'm prepared to be surprised here but this situation doesn't look good for DCU. 4-2 Atlanta Why you should watch this game? The potential for the 3rd bad result in a row in front of those fans who think they make their team unstoppable.

LAG @ NYCFC 5:00pm - Its time again for ABU DHABI BASEBALL!!! LAG looked Ok last week - not going to worry anybody. NYC though looked on another level then one of the better teams in the West. This could get ugly. 4-1 NYC Why you should watch this game? Keeping track of our biggest rival for the Supporter's Shield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal can't deal with set pieces at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus has been fairly good, but also lucky. That's 4 shots off the post against them in two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, what a back breaker for Montreal. They outplayed Columbus the entire 2nd half, Edwards scores a beautiful volley to tie it and then they give up a stoppage time penalty on a clumsy challenge between Edwards and Krolicki. Columbus player went down pretty easy on replay also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Wow, what a back breaker for Montreal. They outplayed Columbus the entire 2nd half, Edwards scores a beautiful volley to tie it and then they give up a stoppage time penalty on a clumsy challenge between Edwards and Krolicki. Columbus player went down pretty easy on replay also.
    Absolute belter of a left footed volley from Edwards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how Edwards and Lovitz are starting for Montreal... LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR fail in favour of LAFC.

Beitashour playing well but RSL's full backs don't seem to be all that good.

If we go 3-5-2 versus them in 3 weeks, that score could get ugly.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-10-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC might become the greatest team in MLS history if they keep this up in their very first season, they are demolishing RSL away from home 5-1 just about to get their second away win in a row!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver vs. Houston game delayed because TSN had Curling on three channels. You'd think that just maybe they could have gone live to the game on one of their channels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago looked terrible in the first half of their game vs SKC but woke the hell up in the 2nd. Nikolic brace.

After writing that, there was a SKC goal in 84" to restore the draw, 3-3.

And then, SKC gets the lead.

I should take this post and throw it in the garbage.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 03-10-2018 at 07:55 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loons beat Orlando in Orlando.

Lions - 2 games at home - 1 point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to turn this season's power switch off and back on, to clear all these operating system glitches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Loons beat Orlando in Orlando.

Lions - 2 games at home - 1 point.
    i wonder if we will get the how great bendik is from larsen tomorrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i wonder if we will get the how great bendik is from larsen tomorrow.
    Larson put out a tweet during last week's game saying Bendik was impressive & Orlando looked good.....& then came that howler of Bendik missing the free kick going through.

Hard to tell yet who is actually good & who has been playing crap opposition.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus has been fairly good, but also lucky. That's 4 shots off the post against them in two games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Absolute belter of a left footed volley from Edwards!
    Petrasso with the one of the bar, Piette making long passes, Lovitz making a sweet ball in, and Raheem going from MOM to Goat of the game within the dying minutes.

That's a lot of Canada and ex TFC content!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    LAFC might become the greatest team in MLS history if they keep this up in their very first season, they are demolishing RSL away from home 5-1 just about to get their second away win in a row!
    Atlanta started hot last year too then it cooled off. Apparently RSL subbed out two of their defenders. That tells you how strong their defence was. Not saying LAFC are not playing well but I need to see them play Toronto before I make any predictions on greatest team in MLS history. We’ll see if they can do a treble this year then maybe we can put them in that class. Not bloody likely. Atlanta didn’t seem as hot as their hype when they faced TFC. I figure LAFC will be the same.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    They would have to play that Salt Lake team every week. And get no calls like that off side goal. That just deflated Salt Lake. Good effort from Beita and nuff props from the commentators.

I like Platas goal though.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-11-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta thumped DCU BUT....Martino refused to sub players late when in the lead.

His team is going to crash come September.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone watch Tigres vs Tijuana? I saw the first half and managed to catch Gignac's goal from 35 yards.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6g3vgd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worry a bit about the uneven results across the league in the early going. No telling who’s winning the league but I think picking the top 6 and the bottom 3 should be relatively easy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano