Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Revisit the "clap"

Amazing game last night. The team showed some class that we know we have.
    My thoughts and only my thoughts are the stadium was stirring, moment was building then we stop the cheering for the clap. I think we should be a bit more aware of what is happening on the field then to indulge in a fan created momentum killer. Players feed off energy from us to find that second gear and there was a sense of urgency and nervousness coming from the crowd. They need that to keep their intensity up, but stopping that for the clap...my opinion, clap has to go! Crowd was buzzing at the 70th minute. Then silence...for the clap...just my thoughts, otherwise fantastic game...just like semis against Montreal and the cup win vs Seattle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who is sitting in the northern east stands, I completely disagree. The clap is the only thing that is currently engaging the full stands.

I'd be ok with it moving around to suit the game though. Any lull in the 2nd half could trigger it. The casuals are ready for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great point... Yesterday was just not the right time to move with it...the hysteria was there, we just need to keep the noise consistently going...thanks Paul, great point

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The silence is errie.

It shows the power of the fans in that stadium.

Its actually quite awesome at how quiet it gets & that lets the players know we are there.

The players like it - it stays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 1/2 year old daughter, who has already come to enough games to know all the cheers, was soooo disappointed when it didn't happen on Saturday. She was freezing her butt off but was waiting and waiting for the clap. Finally asked to leave in the 80th minute. I'd hate to see it go!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    As someone who is sitting in the northern east stands, I completely disagree. The clap is the only thing that is currently engaging the full stands.

I'd be ok with it moving around to suit the game though. Any lull in the 2nd half could trigger it. The casuals are ready for it.
    The "Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh...........T! O!" is also starting to engage other sections. I was in 122 last night and we were doing it as were some sections around us.
    Would be epic to get whole sections of stadium involved (I.e a back and forth with South End & West, East vs. West, etc instead of just RPB vs. Innebriati).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clap was fantastic last night, the whole stadium was involved & the atmosphere just got better following the clap.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't disagree more.

The clap was the reason things got crazy for the last 20 minutes (and Jozy's goal of course).

This. *points down*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OgtheDim again.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The silence is errie.

It shows the power of the fans in that stadium.

Its actually quite awesome at how quiet it gets & that lets the players know we are there.

The players like it - it stays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTCP View Post
    The "Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh...........T! O!" is also starting to engage other sections. I was in 122 last night and we were doing it as were some sections around us.
    Would be epic to get whole sections of stadium involved (I.e a back and forth with South End & West, East vs. West, etc instead of just RPB vs. Innebriati).
    That would be fantastic!! Place would be jumping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.

The clap was the reason things got crazy for the last 20 minutes (and Jozy's goal of course).
    Completely agree. It also syncs the whole stadium together so whatever follows (T-F-C) is belted out by 20,000+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sit corrected then...lol..can we incorporate T..F..C..as well during the clap? I was jealous that Atlanta does it as I made the suggestion last year as well...anywho... 1-1 tie in Mexico

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTCP View Post
    This was the loudest chant on the tele... and for a good reason.

We used to do it waaaaay back in the game just after “Oh When the reds” for momentum... those were two general chants that 111/110 got involved with en masse. Again back in the day. If we get those sections revived once again with the roof that sound would carry loud and clear!
    Last edited by FluSH; 03-08-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post

How’s ‘Oh when the reds’ in your section? Are people engaged with that chant? Can you hear it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Completely agree. It also syncs the whole stadium together so whatever follows (T-F-C) is belted out by 20,000+.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even the players love the clap.

I don't think it effects them in way when there is silence leading up to it...they know whats coming.

Hell they come over to the supporters section and lead the clap after the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, anything the West side can stamp their feet too is a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    This was the loudest chant on the tele... and for a good reason.

We used to do it waaaaay back in the game just after “Oh When the reds” for momentum... those were two general chants that 111/110 got involved with en masse. Again back in the day. If we get those sections revived once again with the roof that sound would carry loud and clear!
    It's been pretty good lately in 110 for both of those. I'd say that last night was much better than normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In general, anything the West side can stamp their feet too is a good thing.
    Yes, the stamp needs to happen as much as possible. It's so amazing when watching on TV and the camera starts shaking with that thunder rumbling in the background.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yes, the stamp needs to happen as much as possible. It's so amazing when watching on TV and the camera starts shaking with that thunder rumbling in the background.

Haha yeah that’s the best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    How’s ‘Oh when the reds’ in your section? Are people engaged with that chant? Can you hear it?
    We can hear it in 205 but there's not much engagement...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I want to commend everyone for not making a clap joke. We've all grown a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Also I want to commend everyone for not making a clap joke. We've all grown a lot.

Lol. I admit I was thinking of one, but resisted. Yay adulthood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    I sit corrected then...lol..can we incorporate T..F..C..as well during the clap? I was jealous that Atlanta does it as I made the suggestion last year as well...anywho... 1-1 tie in Mexico
    i disagree with this. the clap does not need T F C in it. we usually do the clap clap clap tfc clap clap clap right after the slow clap so we have it covered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by German21 View Post
    i disagree with this. the clap does not need T F C in it. we usually do the clap clap clap tfc clap clap clap right after the slow clap so we have it covered
    If you try to change a chant (even if it's a good idea) everyone will start doing their own think and it will die.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have nothing to be jealous of Atlanta about - that ATL thing is weak ass shit - they borrowed it from Falcons fans for Pete's sake.