Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The best part was Gignac celebrating after the penalty, what a clown.
    he'll fit right in at the Impact

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge respect to Andre Pierre Gignac, who even after suffering defeat to walked out to the TFC bus after the match and presented Chris with a team signed Tigres jersey.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why GV took off Mavinga baffles me he was having an excellent game. With Hagglund on we conceded two goals. I think the appropriate move wouldve been zav off for hagglund. Poor move on GVs part you could see the frustration in Mavingas face when he was taken off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Why GV took off Mavinga baffles me he was having an excellent game. With Hagglund on we conceded two goals. I think the appropriate move wouldve been zav off for hagglund. Poor move on GVs part you could see the frustration in Mavingas face when he was taken off.
    He was injured and couldn't continue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Chris was hurt.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big props to some our fellow supporters including DJCuse who made the trek down to Mexico and got to celebrate the victory with the lads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first two goals were off poor individual defensive lapses. Osario had a great game, but he is the one who bends over allowing his man to head the ball in the back of the net, and Hagglund completely fucked up on the second.

The penalty was harsh, GVW, had tucked his hand behind him and the ball bounced behind him. That should not have been called.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see TFC advance, I do have a tough question for all, Is Jozy just plain out of shape or is he just interested in drawing the foul as opposed to playing football? I think it is both, what is wrong with Jozy's head?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those two games last night constitute a paradigm shift. Not only in results but in respect. Admittedly, the respect won't be shown by every team from LigaMx but something changed.

The catalyst is Seba. He is the one the Tigres crowd booed. He is the one that LigaMx fans follow.

Seba changed MLS by coming here in his prime.

Seba changed the CCL in these two games.

We are witnessing history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

The catalyst is Seba. He is the one the Tigres crowd booed.
    "They don't boo the nobodies." - Reggie Jackson

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who is going to the airport to welcome the boys home?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extended highlights. Spanish only
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The catalyst is Seba. He is the one the Tigres crowd booed. He is the one that LigaMx fans follow.
    I thought they also booed Bradley and Altidore, probably because of their involvement with the USMNT games vs Mexico.

After a little bit of sleep, I think I can forgive the referee for calling the penalty kick. He probably knew that there was no time for Tigres to get another goal and the victory would at least give the Tigres fans something to take away and allow the ref and other officials to get out of the stadium alive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad Morrow and Mavinga had to be taken off last night due to injury. I am sure that really screwed with Vanney's offensive plans later in the game. I really hope they are alright and Vazquez we need fully fit too. Rest those three and other players if needed this weekend. We can handle Monteal with our bench guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think I can forgive the referee for calling the penalty kick. He probably knew that there was no time for Tigres to get another goal and the victory would at least give the Tigres fans something to take away and allow the ref and other officials to get out of the stadium alive.
    That's not neutral in anyway. It's not about throwing someone a bone.

He must have seen it as a clear cut hand ball, or perhaps he felt like by making that call would offset some other missed calls, or balance the calls in the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That free kick needs a name. The Tigre Beat, or something.

We went into a serious Mexican team's stadium and did that, late in the tie?

The clutch play of all time.

Seba dropped the hammer there. One of the biggest goals in MLS history.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I thought they also booed Bradley and Altidore, probably because of their involvement with the USMNT games vs Mexico.

After a little bit of sleep, I think I can forgive the referee for calling the penalty kick. He probably knew that there was no time for Tigres to get another goal and the victory would at least give the Tigres fans something to take away and allow the ref and other officials to get out of the stadium alive.
    All and all I thought the ref was okay. There were numerous opportunities to call cheap penalties or soft fouls and he never really indulged.

Sure the penalty sucked but in the grande scheme of concacaf I can live with that imperfect performance. If I could get that every game i’d take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    That's not neutral in anyway. It's not about throwing someone a bone.

He must have seen it as a clear cut hand ball, or perhaps he felt like by making that call would offset some other missed calls, or balance the calls in the game.

Considering what we have seen in terms of CONCACAF officiating over the years, the referee's performance was next to flawless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I was watching the match last night I was thinking about how this TFC team will fare in MLS this season as I figured we'd get CONCACAF'ed at some point and get shafted.

Now I can say that I think we will be alright this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honduran ref - not the most experienced but he's pretty good. One call like that PK per game isn't bad.

http://www.worldfootball.net/referee...r-rodriguez_2/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the email for the next round tickets info. Hope they don't try to gouge us with the price. It would be great to sell it out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Got the email for the next round tickets info. Hope they don't try to gouge us with the price. It would be great to sell it out.
    Yeah, It looks like what they are doing is making us buy the Champions League semi-final tickets vs America and giving us the Canadian Championship semi-final likely vs Ottawa as our second game. This is not surprising as actually have to sell the Ottawa game would be much harder than one vs America. The Ottawa game last year only drew just over 15K.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yeah, It looks like what they are doing is making us buy the Champions League semi-final tickets vs America and giving us the Canadian Championship semi-final likely vs Ottawa as our second game. This is not surprising as actually have to sell the Ottawa game would be much harder than one vs America. The Ottawa game last year only drew just over 15K.
    ^ that is disappointing. They didn't think we could make the semi final, and now that we did they are taking back our free ticket vs. Club America and giving us a ticket vs. Ottawa...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my spanish speaking friends i need help with translation or just the jist of what they're saying...i saw this link on youtube...sounds like they are having a pretty heated debate post match

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Semi game was never going to be free.

The membership included the first two of CCL or Voyageurs, whichever came first. We got two CCL game already. They are now throwing in the Ottawa/League1 game.

They are actually giving us more then originally promised (although as CB said, if they don't make that Voyageur's semi free, nobody is going to show up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Auro is an absolute stud. He had one giveaway when he stayed on the ball too long in midfield but otherwise he didn't put a foot wrong. Where the hell is Bez finding these guys?
    Youtube haha im sure he has a team of scouts all over Central, South America and even Europe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season Seat packages actually included of 20 games, 17 MLS games, one Champions League match and two additional matches that would be either Champions League or Canadian Championship. As of now we have received tickets to the Colorado and Tigres matches, so they owe us one match, which appears it will be the game against Ottawa in the VCup semi-final, thus making us buy the Club America match.

The membership included the first two of CCL or Voyageurs, whichever came first. We got two CCL game already. They are now throwing in the Ottawa/League1 game.

They are actually giving us more then originally promised (although as CB said, if they don't make that Voyageur's semi free, nobody is going to show up).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I misunderstood, I thought I heard it was the first 3 games free whichever comes first, which is why I thought the Champions League semi final. This makes more sense and yes we should be thankful we got the other 2 games included for free lol

Now I have to buy this ticket vs. Club America and hopefully the CL Final and Voyageurs Cup Final too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post

my spanish speaking friends i need help with translation or just the jist of what they're saying...i saw this link on youtube...sounds like they are having a pretty heated debate post match
    Well, there’s a lot of verguenza in there, which means shame