Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Giveways? Replica Rings Championship Bobble heads

So I'm wondering this year if they are giving away or selling Replica Championship rings and bobbleheads similar to this https://store.bobbleheadhall.com/pro...nt=54450197703 I want a replica MLS cup but can't find one. This is cool too https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Sou...gAAOSwIBJaXOdv When you go to games now they give you candy or a box of cereal, unless it's a jays game anyways the things mentioned above are really cool keepsakes. Anyone have any idea when the championship ring Ceremony is happening and if Replica Rings are being sold?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    So I'm wondering this year if they are giving away or selling Replica Championship rings and bobbleheads similar to this https://store.bobbleheadhall.com/pro...nt=54450197703 I want a replica MLS cup but can't find one. This is cool too https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Sou...gAAOSwIBJaXOdv When you go to games now they give you candy or a box of cereal, unless it's a jays game anyways the things mentioned above are really cool keepsakes. Anyone have any idea when the championship ring Ceremony is happening and if Replica Rings are being sold?
    The biggest things with giveaways is that they are mostly used to draw people into the stadium. I know every sport does them , but baseball has been the sport to utilize them the most. For instances the Jays have moved some of their giveaways this year to week nights that have typically been reserved for weekends. Outside of tshirts here and there and the annual toque one I just don't see the Reds extending on them. Did anyone notice yesterday they did not even hand out a fridge magnet schedule. When was the last time they did not, I can't remember if ever.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The magnet has to be coming :-) I just realized now after reading this that they did not hand it out.

I have also noticed that outside the stadium last year there were fewer giveaways. I yearn for the good ol days when the path back to the GO tunnel was paved in Primo Pasta.

As for rings, I got a replica ring at the Raptors 905 season opener game. It isn't a nice ring, oversized and essentially useless. I didn't keep it - I gave it to my nephew who is a Raptors fan.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very weird to have zero giveaways at the home opener or a tifo orchestrated by the club for the opening ceremonies.

They must have been fined very hard by MLS for the pyro at MLS cup and that blew their budget.
    06-18-09 i was there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm not the only one who misses the magnet schedule.....

I also thought about the fact that there were no giveaways at the Home opener dedicated to last years historic season seemed a bit odd.....and cheap frankly.....

I would have thought a STH gift that was a "thank you for your support" for last year would be in the cards too.....replica ring or otherwise.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss the free jersey when you bought your seasons tix with a bmo mastercard.
    No fridge schedule was odd, maybe with the early start they just aren't ready yet.
    But otherwise giveaways haven't really got me excited since I was a kid. They're kinda a headache to get, especially at bmo which doesn't have adequate entrance gates to begin with.
    I think I've only ever managed to get 2 toques in about 8 years as an ssh

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    So I'm not the only one who misses the magnet schedule.....

I also thought about the fact that there were no giveaways at the Home opener dedicated to last years historic season seemed a bit odd.....and cheap frankly.....

I would have thought a STH gift that was a "thank you for your support" for last year would be in the cards too.....replica ring or otherwise.....

We must have gone to 2-3 exits looking for them (fridge magnets) and only got baby Snickers---going to ruin my Fridge collection not having one this year.

I was a little disappointed in the 'Opening Ceremonies' and lack of stuff- flags or something on the seats for the fans.

I hadn't thought to attribute it to the sanctions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was disappointed as well. I mentioned to FO that when we went to Columbus home opener vs. TFC the year after Columbus won the cup, they gave all their fans a MLS Champion's coin. They mentioned to me that they have something better then a coin planned.

Would have been nice to have it at home opener.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#ImwithSeba

Time to move on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    #ImwithSeba

Time to move on.
    Yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the team gave away 3 points on Saturday.....does that count?

*rimshot*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd wager we'll hear something about a replica ring once the players actual rings are finished being designed and made.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I'd wager we'll hear something about a replica ring once the players actual rings are finished being designed and made.
    Yeah for sure, really can't do a ring themed give away until after the players have received them. I know the FO was fitted for them a few weeks ago.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    the team gave away 3 points on Saturday.....does that count?

*rimshot*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good responses in here, They used to sell Programs too and they got rid of that, I know i'm dating my self a lot and like who really cares about these things but little quirks added to the experience at any game. Were big market team and I understand that but if you have kids thats a cool thing for them to get. Fridge Magnets are under rated lol...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got no problem with magnets.

The players on the team indicated they need to move on from 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    VERY low hanging fruit, I know....but c'mon...it was there for the taking....

Yeah this is pretty much my feeling as well.....
    A cheap plastic replica of a ring would be pretty cheesy imo....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    We must have gone to 2-3 exits looking for them (fridge magnets) and only got baby Snickers---going to ruin my Fridge collection not having one this year.

I was a little disappointed in the 'Opening Ceremonies' and lack of stuff- flags or something on the seats for the fans.

I hadn't thought to attribute it to the sanctions.

I just want to keep my fridge magnet collection going.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Seba especially was none too pleased with the fanfare prematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking for the fridge magnet post game too. On the other hand I went to the pregame tailgate at the Barracks to get a pic with the Cup and got a free t-shirt on the way in and a FREE BEER

I'll wait for the magnet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the t shirts they gave out the past couple of seasons, still wear the general bradley and the Giovinco one, wish I was at the game they gave out the toques.