Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really need to see that Mavinga tackle again...any replays?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That's a play that I never know how it will be called.

Mavinga got ball but then totally cleaned the guy out. I am not even sure how the rule works in that case.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund should really be playing over Zavaleta. And probably Auro Jr. over Van Der Weil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    still have lots to do in 2nd leg. Vasquez was horrid again. I guess not fully recovered from his knock.

at least the boys showed Tigres that they can play. did a decent job containing Tigres strikers for most part. those missed sitters hopefully don't come back to haunt us
    Do you mind explaining what made you think Vazquez play tonight was horrid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Hagglund should really be playing over Zavaleta. And probably Auro Jr. over Van Der Weil.
    Agreed on Zavaleta. I don't think we can afford to start him in Monterrey. Tigres will be hungry on home turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Watch the goal back when you get a chance, they were mad about no foul call on Jozy's aerial challenge off the cross just seconds before.
    https://youtu.be/4nmOsbQz0WU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuckin' A.

I thought for sure TFC was going to get dragged in this match. The second half response has me believing again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Fuckin' A.

I thought for sure TFC was going to get dragged in this match. The second half response has me believing again.
    Same. What a performance. I'm shook. Happy to be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Full highlights up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRdb9sul5HE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Agreed on Zavaleta. I don't think we can afford to start him in Monterrey. Tigres will be hungry on home turf.
    First three passes of the game, giveaways under no pressure. Plus Hagglund gives you more going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
    Do you mind explaining what made you think Vazquez play tonight was horrid?
    He wasn't horrid but he hasn't been his usual self so far this season. Wether it's a knock, or the bad pitches, or the weather, something's not quite right. We just need to give him more time.

And vdW is getting better and more comfortable minute by minute. Yes, he had some mistimed plays and passes, but the only way to fix that is more minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought TFC were immediately better the second Vazquez stepped on the pitch. He didn’t do a lot but he just creates confidence in the play of his teammates.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Tackle could have easily gone the other way. Definitely not reckless though, and I think it's legit. But no matter what, Mavinga had no choice. CCL is over if he doesn't.
    Last edited by wopchop; 03-07-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    And vdW is getting better and more comfortable minute by minute. Yes, he had some mistimed plays and passes, but the only way to fix that is more minutes.
    Liking his play - yes some mistakes and missed links with Delgado, but created some nice chances too, really believe we need to stick with him.
    Morrow was looking good too.
    Last edited by red-o; 03-08-2018 at 12:18 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Guys can we seriously stop shitting on him...

I know mostly it's in jest from you guys... but please look at what he's put out there over the last six months.

He looks to be taking a step forward in his game.., a page out of Giovinco if you will. His touches are crisper and more decisive.. he missed a sitter today and then goes out and gets a back heel goal that was way harder to score than the sitter he missed. Altidore had a chance that I wouldn't exactly call a sitter but we all stand by him.

Let's stand by our home grown, especially when he's clearly producing.
    Exactly... Time to let this shit go and start supporting our own... Time for a song for Oso???
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts:

- This was the most thrilling TFC/MLS game we have ever watched. It was like watching a game between mid table EPL/LA Liga.
    - Osorio continues to prove me wrong
    - Can't believe the quality of that game with La Liga talent on the bench
    - I thought Delgado was great.
    - 3-5-2 is a great formation
    - Mavinga tackle was clean
    - Bradley was an absolute machine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good American perspective on JO, says it all. Got to back up this lad from TO.

Ives GalarcepVerified account @SoccerByIves 3h3 hours agoMore

Jonathan Osorio really is one of the league’s most underrated players. Gets overshadowed on stacked TFC squad, would be a headlining talent on some other teams.

4 replies9 retweets32 likes

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Guys can we seriously stop shitting on him...

I know mostly it's in jest from you guys... but please look at what he's put out there over the last six months.

He looks to be taking a step forward in his game.., a page out of Giovinco if you will. His touches are crisper and more decisive.. he missed a sitter today and then goes out and gets a back heel goal that was way harder to score than the sitter he missed. Altidore had a chance that I wouldn't exactly call a sitter but we all stand by him.

Let's stand by our home grown, especially when he's clearly producing.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    A good American perspective on JO, says it all. Got to back up this lad from TO.

Ives GalarcepVerified account @SoccerByIves 3h3 hours agoMore

Jonathan Osorio really is one of the league’s most underrated players. Gets overshadowed on stacked TFC squad, would be a headlining talent on some other teams.

4 replies9 retweets32 likes

He has repeatedly elevated his game over the last two seasons. Very good link up player now, great at holding up the ball and playing into space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Yup. I like the guy and he's good enough for MLS, but too slow in decision making for this level
    Best midfield player this season. Game winner vs Colorado and game winner Tigres. How about we celebrate his strengths not criticize his weaknesses?
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-08-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Best midfield player this season. Game winner vs Colorado and game winne fbTigres. How about we celebrate his strngjes notnhisbweajnesaes?
    Is that Dutch?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I thought TFC were immediately better the second Vazquez stepped on the pitch. He didn’t do a lot but he just creates confidence in the play of his teammates.
    He gives space to Bradley. Tigres had to lay back less high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are the better team. They are the best side we have competed against, but we are better. There goal was somewhat lucky, but, we were caught too high by the wind knocking down the goal kick, but they are quality to have capitalized. I think we can get the result in Mexico.

And I think we will win the MLS again, despite Saturday's loss we are the class of the MLS.

Forza TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That's a play that I never know how it will be called.

Mavinga got ball but then totally cleaned the guy out. I am not even sure how the rule works in that case.
    Finally saw the replay and I agree with everyone that it was a clean tackle. But you’re right, that does get called sometimes. Heart stopping moment. Mavinga never misses those though. Amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    We are the better team. They are the best side we have competed against, but we are better. There goal was somewhat lucky, but, we were caught too high by the wind knocking down the goal kick, but they are quality to have capitalized. I think we can get the result in Mexico.

And I think we will win the MLS again, despite Saturday's loss we are the class of the MLS.

Forza TFC
    Tigres play with a lot of speed eh? They don’t need to think about anything, it just comes. Amazing how much better we are when we ditch the slow, methodological approach and just let the game flow like that. We’re the only team in MLS capable of doing that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still can't believe it, what a move by Jonathan, cheers to that !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Tigres were the far better team in the first 45 minutes, they are a beautiful team to watch, well coached, moving well off the ball, very well set up positionally. I did not see the comeback coming when they scored.

But they tired and/or the cold got to them. Also we finally found our game, and our best players made plays. Seba stood out for me as the guy that put the team on his back. He came back into midfield and really changed things. The more I watch him, the more I appreciate Seba's whole game. A truly great soccer player that can do absolutely everything you need to win.

I think they are a better team, but we aren’t that far off them, and we can maybe steal it.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-08-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an awesome game to watch- You could feel the confidence in our guys grow as the game wore on. And that finish by Oso just summed up the game- Cheeky confidence..

I feel bad for the groundskeepers tho'. The field is an absolute disaster and I don't know how they will get it to recover. All this after they kept it pristine through the finals last year and over the winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched most of the first half, then got a call from my wife to pick up on of my daughters from dance. When I got back home, it was 1-0 and I saw Osorio tap in over the bar with his right foot. I couldn't watch after that until my son called me over when Joxy scored. After that we were both glued to the sofa and when Osorio score the back heel with his left, we launched off our seats.

One of the things that struck me about the game was Osorio's show of something MLS teams have lacked - thoughtful creativity. On the goal, it looks like he remembered that earlier in the game, redirecting the ball with his outside right foot didn't work, so he "tried stuff" by dragging the instep of his left foot and it worked. I'm all for it if he continues to experiment in front of the goal and get misses if he gets the occasional special move that unlocks MX defences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez, this team continually sends my stress level through the roof.
    And what a game. The quality of play on display compared to the first 5 or 6 years, not even comparable.
    What I really like about this team is they are starting to develop a nice little second half identity. If the first half doesn't go their way they come out in the second and produce.
    Too many examples now to think this is luck or chance. They've got some grit, and phenomenol leadership in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it speaks to Tigres' own preparation for the game, that in the first half they were double/triple teaming Osorio when he was receiving the ball. Without Vazquez on the field they believed the ball's path was through him from Bradley to the front two. (and I think they were right)

The adjustment of Seba to drop deep, of Bradley to bypass, and Vazquez coming on, meant that Tigres could no longer focus on Oso, and he flourished in the second half.

A note - the press works on this team. We forced turnovers when we didn't sit back. Their back 4 could be forced.