Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Osorio has been our best midfielder so far this season. Better than Delgado, better than Aketxe, better than Vasquez (who has been very poor) and better even than Bradley. Vanney cannot sit him. What message does that send to other players?
    yet we have 0 goals in our last 2 games. No one's safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I feel like we can debate this for days but Vanney has been relatively clear with how he'd like to play it'll be a 4-4-2 diamond. Aketxe and VDW will play. Either Oso or Delgado will start next to Aketxe at the 8.
    +++1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect Tigres to shut up shop tomorrow and see how TFC looks. 0-0 at the half...they will look for a counterattack and and away goal in the second. If we don’t come out strong and get some early goals it’s not going ro be much fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I feel like we can debate this for days but Vanney has been relatively clear with how he'd like to play it'll be a 4-4-2 diamond. Aketxe and VDW will play. Either Oso or Delgado will start next to Aketxe at the 8.

Neither of those players has earned minutes. VDW in particular is way off the pace and has no business playing in a knockout game.

On the other hand, Osorio has been our best midfield over three games and Marky is required for balance.

Pretty simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ager has to be in there

I've been thinking about that strike of his, off the crossbar. That is just not a skillset you see in MLS. The threat of it can create havoc defensively. The fact of it can of course win games all on its own.

vdW was on the pitch for this one. Uruguay never recovered from this hit
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFczbFGmfh0

I don't know which of Oso or Marky should sit, but one of them has to. This guy has to play.
    unfortunately, the player that scored that goal is not on our team. so Marky and Oso start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, we need to score 1, more likely 2 and HAVE TO hold a clean sheet. If we give up an away goal, it will make next Tuesday in Monterrey even more difficult. I wonder what the word is on Vazquez?? We need his service in this game. If he is not fit, I would assume Aketxe moves into that spot and Auro comes on.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    The way I see it, we need to score 1, more likely 2 and HAVE TO hold a clean sheet. If we give up an away goal, it will make next Tuesday in Monterrey even more difficult. I wonder what the word is on Vazquez?? We need his service in this game. If he is not fit, I would assume Aketxe moves into that spot and Auro comes on.
    Pretty much my view too that we need TFC to score 2 minimum and keep it at zero to have a chance. If Tigres nick an away goal we need 4.

Odds are low, just the way we like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    unfortunately, the player that scored that goal is not on our team. so Marky and Oso start.
    The answer as you put it is simple, our goal scorers have to score, neither Oso nor Delgado are what I would call prolific goal scorers, Oso will start, Delgado will be on the bench.
    Yes Oso scored a goal against Colorado and has played tremendously in his past few matches and deserves a start, but I like you are not getting paid to make those decisions, so we shall see what Vanney decides. Pretty simple eh, lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!!!

Its going to be cold, wet, dark & dank.

There are going to be Mexican fans among us.

The team we are playing is the best quality seen in a competitive game at BMO ever. They are motivated & not taking us lightly.

We are likely to face the best player in all of CONCACAF.

And yet.....

Its my team.

My town.

My stadium

My weather.

Surrounded by my fellow supporters.

Would I rather be a Columbus or NYC fan tonight with a win in the bank but not playing this game? HELL NO

This is what we wanted after Johnson scored that goal.

This is what we yelled for after Seba scored that other goal.

Will this be another night of glory? Who knows. But its what we all wanted - another night of CCL hope, fear, anger, worry, & enjoyment at watching the best team in MLS vs. the best team in Liga Mx.

Snow?

BRING IT ON

Mexican fans among us

BRING IT ON

The best team in Liga Mx bringing all their top guns

BRING IT ON

Gignac

BRING IT ON

THIS IS OUR HOUSE

Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-07-2018 at 07:19 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the starting lineup from last Saturday could be our starting lineup for other MLS games so they can gel but I really hope we go back to mainly the starting lineup of the first Colorado game for this one. Auro was more effective that VDW as RB. VDW last Saturday had no interest in overlapping runs and several times Vasquez was looking for him but he stood still so Vazquez had to find another option and it killed our momentum and opportunities a number of times. The first goal was due to some laziness from VDW because he didn't chase the ball all the way out of the field but Columbus did and got rewarded. Aketxe still looks uncomfortable in his role so not sure if he should be starting but maybe he will play in place of Vazquez if he is not good to go the full 90. Zavaleta didn't have a good game and we need Moor there. Hagglund over Zavaleta for me if needed. Mavinga can stay, we will need his speed. Hope these guys pull out a decent showing. I know they can do it, just need to see if they will do it. Go Reds!!!

Oh and one other thing...Seba seems obsessive about assisting Jozy instead of taking shots...or is it just me? He needs to take more shots himself. One too many passes several times.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 03-07-2018 at 07:49 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Pretty much my view too that we need TFC to score 2 minimum and keep it at zero to have a chance. If Tigres nick an away goal we need 4.

Odds are low, just the way we like it.
    Yep, no excuses now after the Red Bulls knocked off the Xolos 2–0 last night at home. Seba needs to replicate BWP’s performance, which if he does will be huge. New York has shown it can be done. It’s all about taking care of business, simple as that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Tigres has never felt so close to winning this tourney. They will want to go all the way. They won the league last year but they did so in 2011 as well and faced Seattle who kicked them out. They won't be taking us lightly.

This is the best chance. Starting at home will carry us in the away IMO. I don't expect a clean sheet but would love one. I expect goals. We need goals today.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-07-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midweek CONCACAF nights vs a Mexico club.

Saric and Mista. Legends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So Tigres has never felt so close to winning this tourney. They will want to go all the way. They won the league last year but they did so in 2011 as well and faced Seattle who kicked them out. They won't be taking us lightly.

This is the best chance. Starting at home will carry us in the away IMO. I don't expect a clean sheet but would love one. I expect goals. We need goals today.
    What do you mean? Tigres have been in the last two CCL finals, losing both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I think its just a reference to how badly they want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to win, but I'm also just excited to see a team of this quality at BMO. Let's face it, over the 2017 season we've watched some really bad soccer teams at BMO. Teams that, compared to us, looked like a Championship team against an upper Premier League team - Houston, San Jose, Philadelphia, Seattle come to mind. Getting to see us against this quality is exciting.
    Last edited by Canary10; 03-07-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has started to snow right beside the lake here in Etobicoke. I am so excited for this game today!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I think its just a reference to how badly they want it.
    Yeppers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to win this game badly, I wouldn't mind facing FC Dallas in the next stage, and getting back on track, in the regular season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF we had only played that Tijuana side from Yesterday, WOW, Confident TFC would of definitely won/passed through rather easily too ! that was surprising. I'm still confident though, TFC will win today! the return leg, not so sure about. Just hoping. Can you imagine TFC in the World Club championship? That is really the BIG DEAL. Going up against Libertadores, CL winners, That would be something else! Ok, I'm fantasizing here. No Doubt, We have gradually gotten bigger as a club, exposure, media, signings, etc...BUT to win this, hahaha, that would cement the idea that WE HAD ARRIVED . If not Toronto though, definitely hoping another MLS side pulls it off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PawTar711 View Post
    We need to win this game badly, I wouldn't mind facing FC Dallas in the next stage, and getting back on track, in the regular season.
    Dallas is out, lost to lowly Tauro, who got shellacked yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the monetary bonuses paid for winning these games at this stage of the tournament? reason I'm asking is someone a few weeks back posted this information on reddit and I could not believe the amounts per player that were posted. I thought to myself that it had to be a mistake. I mean, the bonuses were exorbitant in relation to the average MLS salary, in some cases it was , If I remember, more per player for a semi final win then a MLS players minimum salary, that cant be right, can it? If it is, WOW, what an added incentive for some of these players.
    Last edited by azorean; 03-07-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We realistically need a clean sheet and a lead heading into the second leg to have any chance. This will likely be the most difficult challenge this group has had to face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think we will get a clean sheet. Me being honest with myself, and the way we have looked defensively this year. But that doesn’t mean we can’t win this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say a clean sheet tonight is less important.....any 2 goal win would make me a mighty happy man.....anything less would be tough to overcome in Mexico.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pregame still at Shoeless for tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I'd say a clean sheet tonight is less important.....any 2 goal win would make me a mighty happy man.....anything less would be tough to overcome in Mexico.....

THIS ! ...Tijuana is NOT Tigres, BUT after last night I get the impression the intimidation thing playing on road, in Mexico, for MLS teams might be waning, we had preseason there too, faced Mexican competition, I think we can score on road, Herediano scored 2 last round on road vs Tigres, key is going in with an advantage, and a 2 goal lead would be good even if we conceded tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, i have no idea what to except tonight from this game. I just hope TFC show more fight/passion tonight. Tigres probably going to play their "A" team and try to finish TFC off tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    To be honest, i have no idea what to except tonight from this game. I just hope TFC show more fight/passion tonight. Tigres probably going to play their "A" team and try to finish TFC off tonight.

More passion / fight should be a given, after all, players and management have been talking this tournament up for the longest time now. Anything less then LEAVING EVERYTHING OUT THERE would be very disappointing as a fan. Not concerned so much about this. Just hoping we play well, to our potential, not even concerned about the weekend game, we had a new lineup, it was a classic lookahead spot. Motivation, passion, fight, whatever, should be least of our concerns I think, THEY BETTER BRING IT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read on Twitter that Tigres is missing both starting fullbacks? If that's the case I'd go 3-5-2 and pressure the backups. Whatever system Vanney uses, I want Delgado in the side until the other, more technical, midfielders prove they can maintain balance in the midfield.

Almost forgot the feeling of going to BMO not expecting a result. Plenty of reason for hope, though.