Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered yesterday if VdW’s lacklustre performance might in part have been attributed to the tragic death of Davide Astori, but the timing is out. Both in that Astori died after our game and they also never crossed paths at Cagliari.

RIP Asturi.
    Last edited by StokeciTFC; 03-05-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    There were sanctions imposed on two groups. We were approached to show solidarity and didn't wave flags or use our drum during the first half.
    I know this isn't a RPB issue, but the lack of flags really improved my game-day experience on Saturday! There were no complaints in 113, nobody throwing stuff at the flag wavers, no hissy fits between fans arguing about the flags, just pure football-watching!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice if the new guys had a bit more time to bed in. Everything just looked off in the first half. I'd rather see the newer guys subbed in in the second half of games as much as possible and stick with as close to our last year's lineup as we can for a bit. I realize we have the CL to worry about and maybe Vanney is trying to speed things along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It would be nice if the new guys had a bit more time to bed in. Everything just looked off in the first half. I'd rather see the newer guys subbed in in the second half of games as much as possible and stick with as close to our last year's lineup as we can for a bit. I realize we have the CL to worry about and maybe Vanney is trying to speed things along.
    Completely agreed with this. It was the new guys who just didn't jive with the rest of the team at all - not their fault, but if you have less of a pre-season than everybody else its just going to take time to bed-in. Akatxe was fine individually, but often his passing wasn't linking up anybody. Delgado should have played instead and he would have known his team-mates so much better.

Other than Beiteshour we can play almost the ending line-up from last season. I would start this season as we ended, I don't see any reason not to?