Thread: New Jerseys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Jerseys

I just bought 2 new what I thought were authentic tfc jerseys from realsports website. I got them yesterday and on one of them had all down the back was dark grey spots and the new star fell of in my wife's hand it was a stick on one and I looked at mine and mine was the same way. Does anyone else have the same problem they will replace it but I'm worried it's going to happen again. If im paying $150 dollars i would expect the star to stay on. I just got an email from Realsports expecting me to pay to ship there DAMAGED product back to them.
    Last edited by J-Man; 02-23-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not surprised they're stick on as that's what most jerseys seem to be. Definitely sucks that it fell off. I'd be pissed too. I'm getting my jersey delivered next week. Worried about the quality now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing a little dab of Gorilla Glue can't fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might have been asked already, but does anyone know if they'll be offering the star add on for those who bought the red jersey last year?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    Might have been asked already, but does anyone know if they'll be offering the star add on for those who bought the red jersey last year?

Thanks
    Yes real sports does for $10 per star

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have expected Iron On more than stick on. That sucks. I know the title of the thread is New Jerseys, but is this the new white jersey or a new last year's red jersey? If the latter, then it might be them sticking the star on old stock. If the former, then that's poor quality.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered two jerseys. Two mens authentic, one customized with Vasquez. Got two womens replicas. Great job Real Sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not confidence building.
    I've refused to purchase a new jersey since season 1. "I'll get a new one when they win the league and add a star"
    I was so excited to go shopping!................. *sigh*

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it is because they are slapping on stars on existing stock (Red jerseys)?

I'm very tempted to replace my Year 1 jersey for one with star- but I can't drop $150 bucks on something that is dollar store quality peel and stick.

Has anyone with the new (white) jersey experienced anything like this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So to confirm, real sports will put a star on a Jersey for $10 and it’s a stick on?
    Ive ordered a leafs jersey from real sports online and was able to return and refund instore if that helps (they might not take a customized jersey back thou , like your own last name)
    Last edited by witenite; 02-28-2018 at 12:32 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to the jersey woes --- I came home tonight after getting an Altidore/17 cresting put on a new red jersey -- when I checked it at home some of the number and lettering was already peeling off ---- extremely shoddy work......will be complaining and returning for a refund or exchange on Saturday.....not impressed to say the least.....the white "pre-made" Giovinco jerseys seem to be much better made......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    To add to the jersey woes --- I came home tonight after getting an Altidore/17 cresting put on a new red jersey -- when I checked it at home some of the number and lettering was already peeling off ---- extremely shoddy work......will be complaining and returning for a refund or exchange on Saturday.....not impressed to say the least.....the white "pre-made" Giovinco jerseys seem to be much better made......
    I had the same thing happen last year to me. Took it straight to the store @ ACC and they had it completely re-done for me in 5 minutes (new jersey and all).
    Apparently it is a new material that Adidas has issued for kit-men and stores to use on customizing, and if it is done at BMO it is 50/50 (as the weather screws with the lettering). Unfortunately, it appears that MLSE complaining has not had it changed form the Adidas side of things.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I had the same thing happen last year to me. Took it straight to the store @ ACC and they had it completely re-done for me in 5 minutes (new jersey and all).
    Apparently it is a new material that Adidas has issued for kit-men and stores to use on customizing, and if it is done at BMO it is 50/50 (as the weather screws with the lettering). Unfortunately, it appears that MLSE complaining has not had it changed form the Adidas side of things.
    Thanks for the update -

I know they will have to redo it as I will complain loud enough (ha ha ha) if they don't just do what is right, seeing as the tags are still on the jersey and I have the receipt from yesterday, I'm sure it will be a non-issue....but frankly its the inconvenience of it all and the frustration of spending money on something that is simply made so poorly that drives me nuts....the whole "heat seal" thing to me is frustrating and looks cheap to be honest with you.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Thanks for the update -

I know they will have to redo it as I will complain loud enough (ha ha ha) if they don't just do what is right, seeing as the tags are still on the jersey and I have the receipt from yesterday, I'm sure it will be a non-issue....but frankly its the inconvenience of it all and the frustration of spending money on something that is simply made so poorly that drives me nuts....the whole "heat seal" thing to me is frustrating and looks cheap to be honest with you.....
    I completely understand.
    I was only stating that from the managers at the main store when I went in, it seems to be an issue higher up than them. Both seemed very annoyed and were extremely apologetic to me and the fact that I had to make another trip into the store to get it resolved.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018