View Poll Results: How many Points for TFC in 2018?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • 68+ Points: Legendary Team!!!

55 50.46%
  • 63-67 Points: Supporter Shield Winners!!

31 28.44%
  • 59-62 Points: Conference Champions!

16 14.68%
  • 55-58 Points: Elite Team

6 5.50%
  • 51-54 Points: Solid Playoff Team

1 0.92%
  • 47-50 Points: Play-in Round Visitor

0 0%
  • 42-46 points: On the Playoff Bubble

0 0%
  • 37-41 Points: Lower Table Team

0 0%
  • 31-36 Points: Cellar Dwellers

0 0%
  • 30 Points or less: "We're the worst team in the world..."

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC Points Poll for 2018

And now for the 6th Annual poll of our expectations for TFC this year! Below is the link to last year's prognostications, which also contains links to previous years' polls.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2017

One game down and I thought they looked pretty good. Same group as last year almost, so I don't see a great loss in form. However, I see signs that Moor might finally be losing a step. I'm hoping our young backline will be up to the challenge when they're called on to be regular starters. The West is still going to be weaker this year and I can't see them losing or drawing more than 2-3 games against that opposition, but the East looks to be reloaded and tougher than ever, especially Atlanta. I'm thinking they end up with 67 points this year and a 19-10-5 record, but I've been known to always underestimate their actual results.
    Last edited by Initial B; 02-23-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm one to err on the side of caution when it comes to predicting a season's success and have gone with 59-62 points, but still Conference Champs. Atlanta does worry me slightly but I see us pipping them to the post however, I don't envisage the same level of domination as last year.
    Last edited by StokeciTFC; 02-23-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legendary man!!

I like the consistency with the dynamic additions

......roll me over lay me down and do it again.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predicted 66 last year, but they did even better...so this year I am going to go with the aspirational and say 72, even with all the CCL games! Last year was the GOAT, but this year will be even better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted 68+. With this team, you should go big or go home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With what's looking like an even stronger East and CCL to manage, I will be conservative and say 59-62 points. But another dream of a season wouldn't surprise me with the squad we've put together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely feel the squad is stronger than last season but with so many new players coming into the league, I don't have a clue about how the competition will be this season. A good finish in the conference seems likely but beyond that into the playoffs, who knows?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to vote for Legendary. I feel this team improved and I have confidence in this group. I see no reason why they can't repeat what they did last year IF they stay focused like last year. I think this group will keep the focus. If they start thinking they are legendary themselves then we could be in trouble. I know some other teams improved as well but I don't see anything that TFC shouldn't be able to handle. Also, I don't think Giovinco is happy with how his personal stats were last year. He is the type of guy that wants the MVP and Golden Boot every year. He will stay driven and maybe with our redesigned supporting cast he can get there again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly how I feel:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I had to vote for Legendary. I feel this team improved and I have confidence in this group. I see no reason why they can't repeat what they did last year IF they stay focused like last year. I think this group will keep the focus. If they start thinking they are legendary themselves then we could be in trouble. I know some other teams improved as well but I don't see anything that TFC shouldn't be able to handle. Also, I don't think Giovinco is happy with how his personal stats were last year. He is the type of guy that wants the MVP and Golden Boot every year. He will stay driven and maybe with our redesigned supporting cast he can get there again.
    So many weapons added to an already strong cast. Focus will be key, though I get the sense Bradley will demand nothing less from every teammate. Focus will be followed closely by integration of the new guys, all who significantly elevate the talent level. The challenge will be making all the parts fit. Teams win, not players. Last year it worked and I like to think the new guys took into consideration TFC's 'team first' ethos when making their decision to sign.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First to 70!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sixty-five

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at least one more point for the Reds this season, so the starting point in my mind is 70 ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are going to lose less games this year, but tie a few more. 3-4 losses, 66 points, 1st in the east, with Atlanta right up our ass almost the whole way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All your point are belong to us!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

34 game winning streak....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elite team but something tells me NYC is going to pip us to 1st in the East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing I just thought of, was that bad start that we got off too. 7 points in our first 6 games. If we can avoid a lull, we could up our point total from last year. I do think we will tie more games this year though. Might lose less then 5 though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 points, 1st in the east.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the team looks even better than last year, but on the other hand, the East also looks even better. Atlanta and NYC look dangerous. I also think the Red Bulls will be good.

I'm thinking somewhere in the 60-65 pt range (I picked 63-67 in the poll)

I also agree with the above that if Gio is back to full fitness, he is going to be hungry for blood.
    Last edited by wopchop; 02-23-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked legendary, but it might not be enough to win east

I think the league will cleave into haves and have nots. There will be several TFC circa 2012 type teams. I expect Atlanta and NYCFC, to exceed 60 points. I also think SKC is a very good team that had a big offseason and could put up big numbers out west.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-23-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel as though legendary status should have been my go to choice. My worry is what everyone else has ramped up to become. Not that I’m worried about the competition but the results will be tight as last season was a real wake up call to those around us. As like the inauguration of TFC to MLS where it introduced the league to supporter culture last season was a wake up call to what teams need to strive and become

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I can't see any east team that can catch TFC besides Atlanta (assuming Tata has learned not to drive his players into the ground). Even NYCFC is heavily reliant on Villa and if he loses a step this year, there goes their offence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, although the LA sides will be a bit of an unknown quantity this season (the captains dad looks to have built wisely, and I can’t see the Galaxy, arguably the league’s greatest ever side, having another year in the doldrums) Atlanta are the one side I can see giving us a real challenge this year. More than who we’ve brought in, the fact we’ve kept together a great side with quality in depth, is the real bonus for us this season. I see no reason why we shouldn’t feel optimistic about a repeat. Greg Moor is the only player who seems to have aged a little, whilst the rest of our squad are very much in their prime. Loosing Edwards was a real bummer but if we are honest for all his potential he still had a roughness to his game and was far from being a gaurenteed starter. I think it’s the fact that it was Montreal who scooped him that makes losing him feel more painful.

Realistically speaking it would seem we could even use Clint Irwin as trade bait if needed this year, which is strange given we traded Mark Bloom to keep him a year ago. That would seem to indicate we saw him as a starter and Bono’s rise an unexpected bonus.

I think were in great shape and I feel very optimistic going into this season, only a dramatic drop in form by several players simultaneously would dent my confidence of another great year for the Reds. Repeating is a very difficult thing to do in NA sports, particularly one with a salary cap. However, Bezbatchenko has played a blinder in the front office for TFC and in all honesty we should be realistically looking at a threepeat this year such is his accomplishments since taking over as GM and how plain unlucky we were in 2016

Long may the good times continue to roll down BMO way
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 02-23-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should really calm down with the hype about this team. We just broke a very difficult record to beat and completed the treble. This season won't be as good. I return to the mean is likely, even if we are in fact an improved product on the field.

I think we drop more points early in the season as we juggle competitions and travel than many expect. I suspect we Arena this and rotate heavily the first half of the season and get red hot for the second half as we get healthy and cohesive. I suspect we finish 55-60 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked 63-67 points, and I think we'll end with 66 points, enough for Supporter Shield winners again.
    The next team (either Atlanta or NYCFC) will end with just 3-4 points less than us.
    Then the 3rd team in the East will end with just 6-8 points less than us.

I am really surprised that so many people are so hyped up thinking we'll be in the 68+ points and Legendary Team category again.

Yes, we added 3 great players, but others may have improved more compared to their 2017 teams.
    I am cautiously optimistic with the 3 great looking additions, because one of the three can be a semi-bust (and even then this was a super job by Bez et co.).
    As others already said, we may have one less defeat this year, but 3-4 more ties than last year... resulting in less points per total.

Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 02-24-2018 at 04:48 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Honestly, I can't see any east team that can catch TFC besides Atlanta (assuming Tata has learned not to drive his players into the ground)....
    He's been starting his best players every single friendly and leaving them there with only changes around the back & the odd sub up front. They seem to be relying upon not having that killer 7 games in one month schedule. They are going to fade just like SKC does every season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just on the caliber of our off season vs everyone else's ... we took the best team in MLS history, lost a starter but upgraded him, and added two significant players that would be guaranteed starters for any other MLS team... who did more than us ex Atlanta?

Legendary is the right starting point. The risk is injuries, not other teams (and even then, our depth is unreal by league historical standards)

It's a shame our home game with Atlanta is the last game of the season. I'd like a good look at them earlier.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-24-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    And now for the 6th Annual poll of our expectations for TFC this year! Below is the link to last year's prognostications, which also contains links to previous years' polls.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2017

One game down and I thought they looked pretty good. Same group as last year almost, so I don't see a great loss in form. However, I see signs that Moor might finally be losing a step. I'm hoping our young backline will be up to the challenge when they're called on to be regular starters. The West is still going to be weaker this year and I can't see them losing or drawing more than 2-3 games against that opposition, but the East looks to be reloaded and tougher than ever, especially Atlanta. I'm thinking they end up with 67 points this year and a 19-10-5 record, but I've been known to always underestimate their actual results.
    I wouldn't judge Moor based on that icebox game (or anyone else, for that matter). Howard looked like he didn't even want to dive for balls, because of how cold it was. -15C is unnatural weather to be playing soccer in.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can beat our 2017 point title, simply because we were a bit undone by sagging form down the final stretch of last season, that cost us some easy points.

That said, several teams in the East got better, and with TFC focused on CCL they might rest key guys some weeks this season, that they wouldn't have rested last year.

As long as we get the most points, I don't really care what the total is.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another thing I want this year....

Can we please annilihate Seattle on May 9? It bugs me that they held us with catenaccio for most of the two Cup games?

We need to kick their sorry lime green asses.