Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMO re-entry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BMO re-entry

I read that people will no longer be able to re enter the stadium after scanning out. I know that quite a few folks like to go out for a smoke or whatever. People should be able to come and go as they please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also no bags - strange rule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that these are the rules they're putting in place to try to stop flares and things like that from getting into the stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    My guess is that these are the rules they're putting in place to try to stop flares and things like that from getting into the stadium.
    My guess is something that's come down through MLS, from the United States of Fail, where you get big massacres which don't happen here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same policies which are in place at both the Rogers Centre (skydome) and the ACC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 221 so I always went for my smoke breaks outside the southwest entrance. I didn't know until late in the season, maybe even the playoffs, that there was a big smoking area outside the north end where you didn't have to get scanned in and out. This will likely be expanded with this policy.

It increasingly looks like we're going the way of ticket policies like they have in England - I'm thinking specifically of Arsenal's newer policy's. Extremely draconian and unfriendly to the fan. All to ensure fans have as few rights as possible and no one but the person who initially bought the ticket can use it. Very troubling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'm in 221 so I always went for my smoke breaks outside the southwest entrance. I didn't know until late in the season, maybe even the playoffs, that there was a big smoking area outside the north end where you didn't have to get scanned in and out. This will likely be expanded with this policy.
    Yea, i didn't know about this until the playoffs.

They better fucking keep it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time to quit smoke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    It increasingly looks like we're going the way of ticket policies like they have in England - I'm thinking specifically of Arsenal's newer policy's. Extremely draconian and unfriendly to the fan. All to ensure fans have as few rights as possible and no one but the person who initially bought the ticket can use it. Very troubling.
    I don't think they will stop someone from transferring their ticket to someone else.

But at least the no bags policy will help to speed up the process of getting into the stadium, being stuck behind someone with a bag is not fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bag thing is becoming pretty standard at any arena/stadium since the Manchester bombing. I went to a WWE show at the Hershey Center last night and it was the same there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They make certain exceptions for the no bag policy, but they don't mention a bag for, you know, diapers for your toddler. There better be exceptions for that or I'll be pissed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's no bags above a certain size, which has on paper can interpreted one way and how its actually enforced by those at the gate being somewhat different. For instance Major League Baseball has a blanket security policy for all teams and I have seen it enforced very differently at different stadiums. Yankee Stadium is very strict where say the Rogers Centre is a little more lax, especially with bags/knapsacks etc.

The NFL is the strictest overall,.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Also no bags - strange rule
    No backpacks, drawstring bags under 14x14x6 are good to go, this is the same rule as most away parks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    It's the same policies which are in place at both the Rogers Centre (skydome) and the ACC.
    They pass them off as "League" mandated rules. This isn't Canadian law, it's American law under the guise of sports rules.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    They pass them off as "League" mandated rules. This isn't Canadian law, it's American law under the guise of sports rules.
    I've heard something to the effect that the FBI is present (and running security) for any playoff game where American teams are playing. IE the would have been here for NYRB, Columbus and Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I've heard something to the effect that the FBI is present (and running security) for any playoff game where American teams are playing. IE the would have been here for NYRB, Columbus and Seattle.
    I've never seen anything like that going on. I may not be aware of it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The NFL is the strictest overall
    Last I heard, the NFL allowed only small clear plastic bags.
    http://www.nfl.com/allclear

It makes sense to me. Many times recently, not at TFC games but things at other places like Massey Hall and the ACC, I'll get to my seat a few minutes before the game/event is about to start, only to find it already occupied by someone else who doesn't quite understand the general concept of reserved seating and thinks her group of three of four people should somehow automatically get an extra seat or two they didn't pay for, to use for all their shopping bags.
    Last edited by Heepster; 02-26-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

WTF - RE: No Bags

Coming from work - I have a small backpack with cables, Hard drive, keys wallet - pretty much a man purse

So is that not allowed?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

Coming from work - I have a small backpack with cables, Hard drive, keys wallet - pretty much a man purse

So is that not allowed?
    Yup, not allowed. We have yet to see how tightly they police it though. They announced less rigorous restrictions a few years ago, many of us were upset, but they weren't actually strict about it. I have a feeling it will be much tighter this time.

All these things work better at stadiums where most people drive to the game. They can leave things hidden in their trunk. Although with no more in & out, you also can't go out to grab extra clothing / blankets from your car partway through the game. (I know families that have done that at BMO in the past, when it got cold during the game.) And what does banning in & out privileges have to do with security?

On work days, I guess I'll leave all my stuff at my office, and bike back there after work. I also hope to buy a bike bag that can be locked to my bike, then on cold days I'll wear ALL my extra clothes through the gate, and once inside, stuff them in plastic bags until I need them. Same for my daughter which makes logistics harder. Not sure if that's any safer than just checking my bag as they did in the past, but it's their decision.

Not sure about the reference to the Manchester bombing above. That guy came from outside the arena. Probably the worst spot for an attack at BMO would be outside Gate 1, just before or after the game. Highest concentration of people.

Oh well, I realize it's the times we live in. When my niece from Germany came along to a TFC game, she mentioned things were pretty lax compared to what she was used to. I just wonder how carefully some of these things are thought through. And how much of it is so don't bring in food & drink, rather than security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

So is that not allowed?
    It has to fit with in the following size 14x14x6. If it does then you are fine

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    It has to fit with in the following size 14x14x6. If it does then you are fine
    But they say no backpacks whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also consider how fucking rammed the south concourse is going to be going forward at halftime. How much worse the bathroom waits will be now that nobody can go piss in the lot/port-a-potties outside. That's going to be the worst part of this IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They mention 14x14x6 drawstring bag as an example. I was thinking of the RPB drawstring bag, which you can also wear on your back, nice for biking or walking. But I noticed it's much too big, about 16x20. I noticed Raptor's fans with appropriate bags. They didn't happen to include one with the TFC season tickets did they? (I haven't seen mine yet.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think if you use the drawstring type of backpack you are ok but the more standard ones with all the pockets and such probably are not allowed. Hard to say until we actually see it enforced.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Also consider how fucking rammed the south concourse is going to be going forward at halftime. How much worse the bathroom waits will be now that nobody can go piss in the lot/port-a-potties outside. That's going to be the worst part of this IMO.
    Yup. And most of last season they also didn't open up the Food Building washrooms, I have no idea why. Those helped alot at the other end.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mentionned last year when this first came up, the biggest issue with the policy is people with laptop bags from work.

A year ago, I measured one of the various TFC labelled drawstring freebie bags I got over the years - they fit the dimensions.

(this reminds me to bring a clear plastic baggie for all the stuff they want out of our pockets for the wand check - just makes life easier)

I suspect the Food bank building isn't opened due to costs but that really does suck as they consider that patio as within the gates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    the Membership "handbook" that comes with the ST package explicitly says,
    - no bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
    - no backpacks at all
    - drawstring bag with a single pouch (similar ones have been given at BMO as promos) allowed as alternative to a backpack, but subject to inspection at the gates

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of BMO entry. I buy all my tickets for non-TFC events with a Ticketmaster account using a different email than I use for Account Manager and mobile entry tickets are available with no issues in the TM app. I tried to log into the Ticketmaster app with my email that I use for TFC Account Manager and it says it is not an email they have on file. Does anyone have any experience with Mobile Entry with TFC games? I was going to try it tomorrow night. I thought about creating a Ticketmaster account with the same email/password as my Account Manager but I also don't want to screw things up since Account Manager is a Ticketmaster thing. The other thought I had was to send my tickets from the one account to the other but that seems kind of stupid to do every game. Just wondering if anyone went through this kind of thing already.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Speaking of BMO entry. I buy all my tickets for non-TFC events with a Ticketmaster account using a different email than I use for Account Manager and mobile entry tickets are available with no issues in the TM app. I tried to log into the Ticketmaster app with my email that I use for TFC Account Manager and it says it is not an email they have on file. Does anyone have any experience with Mobile Entry with TFC games? I was going to try it tomorrow night. I thought about creating a Ticketmaster account with the same email/password as my Account Manager but I also don't want to screw things up since Account Manager is a Ticketmaster thing. The other thought I had was to send my tickets from the one account to the other but that seems kind of stupid to do every game. Just wondering if anyone went through this kind of thing already.
    You need the TFC app in order to do mobile entry to TFC games.
    In the app you would log-in with your account manager info and they are loaded in-app. From there if you would like you can pull them out to your apple wallet.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As mentionned last year when this first came up, the biggest issue with the policy is people with laptop bags from work.

A year ago, I measured one of the various TFC labelled drawstring freebie bags I got over the years - they fit the dimensions.

(this reminds me to bring a clear plastic baggie for all the stuff they want out of our pockets for the wand check - just makes life easier)

I suspect the Food bank building isn't opened due to costs but that really does suck as they consider that patio as within the gates.
    I feel that with the new North Grandstand, the Food Building bathrooms will open once again solely due to the extra amount of people at each game now.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    the Membership "handbook" that comes with the ST package explicitly says,
    - no bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
    - no backpacks at all
    - drawstring bag with a single pouch (similar ones have been given at BMO as promos) allowed as alternative to a backpack, but subject to inspection at the gates
    For the first few games, I'd say adhere to what is written BUT, as these are new rules being implemented, the MLSE Usher and Security staff will learn that *some* liberties will be allowed (i.e. weeknight games where most come from work, diaper bags, medical needs, etc).
    That doesn't mean show up with luggage or an extra large duffel bag of course.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018